Best server for a returning t1/t2 player

Found TribesNext yesterday morning from the Instantaction.com forums. I have to say I am extremely greatful to see the gameplay I love come back and thank all of those that put in the effort to do this for us. Played t1 and t2 competitivly with {MG} MonkeyGods back on TWL but stopped many years ago now, got caught up in MMOs :(

I joined up on the Japan Beginner server to start getting my skills back and am finding I am not exactly a beginner. Usually coming away with 3 times the points/kills even on a bad match. So I joined up on Branson(spelling) server and people still remember how to midair there and was in last place every time. Same happend on Goon server

My question being... are their any midline servers people know of? Somewhere where everyone knows how to skee and how to use the weapons correctly, but may be out of practice? Dying every few seconds doesnt give me a chance to learn anything really lol.

Thanks, and I look forward to returning to the fold of the flock.

Comments

• Eh goon haven is probably your best bet. It's just got so many people in it that most maps play like shit, but the skill level is definitely some steps behind branzone (no offense goons).

Try playing arena, yea I know it's base, but it will reawaken your air movement and aim skills. Yea the people in there are usually pretty sick, but never underestimate a good ass whoopin, you will learn from mistakes and others quite fast there.

edit: Oh and welcome back!
  • Goon Haven is probably the best place for typical "pub" play. Sometimes the "pros" come in and stack together and run the show, other times it's general craziness (read: fun). Branzone is apparently for the more serious competitive side, however I haven't played there myself.

There are many other servers... but sadly there is a lack of players.
  • Goon Haven for pubs with basically everyone that still plays un-modded (well, Classic).

In the evenings Branzone has some pubs and PUs.