Should I finish this? (map)

I feel Bleh about Tribes; I get on to play crappy, unfun maps. Too many of the new maps suck and we need some better map consepts.

The map is centered around heavy heavy HO and LO play with shrikes and bombers added in for good fun; it's flat and easy to get up speed. Map is serverside BTW. Heavy defenses are compensated for by a short base-to-base travel time.
chaoscaynon1.th.jpg

Decided instead of bushes I'd use these guys; they're placed so they don't block routes and I used em' to make shrike battles more interesting/dodging rocket fire easier.
chaoscanyon2.th.jpg

You have to take down the FF generator in a 3rd base to get at the flag. You can always rush it from below or even focus on taking the base but your spawn is in the tower on yonder which means you're going to get jumped by lights diskjumping at 400kph.
chaoscanyon9.th.jpg

Each base is ontop of a hill so basically you spawn, grab your kit, then jump off a cliff. Veh pads spawn 8 shrikes and 2 bombers only. I thought about grav cycles but on this map they're kinda pointless, there's no need for MPB's due to the open nature and tanks are a waste of time; you're going to get picked off.
chaoscanyon3.th.jpg

Flag Gen down below. If your base is getting p0wned you can retreat to the flag base and take offense from there to equalize the game out some.
chaoscanyon4.th.jpg

Shielded sensor at the map center with an underground switch, gen, and inventory. The sensor is placed to extend the range of the 4 base turrets such that the entire area infront of your base can be turned into a gigantic killing field for missile turrets. They all start out AA save for the ff gen turret which is plasma. You can also spam from this position fairly readily; the fog is the great equalizer that evens out HO Vs LO, and cappers vs snipers.
chaoscanyon5.th.jpg

And yes, you can hide in there with the switch and hold it for your team persistently. There's a reppack uptop.
chaoscanyon6.th.jpg

All that there's left to do is make the spawngraphs, set everything to locked, and make the vl2 file. The spawngraphs will take awhile to do tho; you have to remove every bit of interior you've got then place plugs perfectly.

Comments

• Nice presentation, good screens. Game boundries look a little tight, but who stays inbounds anyway? I like the center objective, "into a gigantic killing field for missile turrets". I assume the Sensor starts out netural at the beginning of the game. The Flag FF gens in a 3rd base reminds me a lot of Death Birds Fly. (I believe that's the name.) Camp in the gen room, keep the FF down, cappers swoop in and go! If one team owns the central radar and the enemy gen room on this map, the would command a few points in succession.
    To answer you question, Should I finish this? (map), I'd say yeah.
  • Yes. I'm tired of playing maps like Broadside. 30 Minutes of spam.
  • Looks like a fun map, post it on the goon haven forums and TheBeaz may just give it a trial.

Looks like you put a lot of work into this and it looks like a great map for big and small games.

To answer your question YES you should finish it and it will be worth it.