help unhandled exception

i read the rules and i need help so heres a new post....
unhandled exception:c000005
at address:00000000

if anyone knows what that means and how i can fix it so i can play tribes i would love it... im on vista.. my computer is 1 year old with parts of the same age... ummm...
the game itself...after i double click the icon my screen goes black as if starting but then shuts off and gives me that message please help. and thanks

Comments

• Again.

Have you checked the FAQs stickied at the top of this forum? Have you read any of the myriad other threads about unhandled exceptions by using the Search button at the top of the page? Have you taken any of the steps outlined in those threads or in the FAQs?

Also you could have just posted the new extra information in your previous thread instead of starting another one.
  • ahh really... i did not know... im new to forums lol and yes i chacked faq i have not found a simialer case to my issue
  • The best thing you can do is provide step-by-step details of what you did and when it crashed.
    Also provide a list of your hardware.

I would start by checking to make sure your drivers are updated.
    If so, try a clean install of the game with the patch and nothing else.
  • Again.

Have you checked the FAQs stickied at the top of this forum? Have you read any of the myriad other threads about unhandled exceptions by using the Search button at the top of the page? Have you taken any of the steps outlined in those threads or in the FAQs?

Also you could have just posted the new extra information in your previous thread instead of starting another one.
    stop being a cock goblin. nobody reads the stickies
  • You will get used to UE's
    [/quote]

i cant get used to em cause i cant even play T2 :(
  • ok step 1) double click T2 icon to log in
    step 2) game loads screen goes black
    3) no intro movie instead it kicks me out to desktop
    4) UE messege

hardware
    display is radeon x1300 series
    DVD/CD-rom is TSST Corp CD/DVDW TS-H652M ATA Device
    (2) Intel(R) Core(tm)2 CPU 6300 @ 1.86 GHZ

theres probably more but... hopefully this will help you help me with my issue
  • If you have an ATI card go into CCC....3D......A.I. either set to standard, or diable.
  • I mean "Disable"
  • If you have an ATI card go into CCC....3D......A.I. either set to standard, or diable.
    lol ok do what now XD i am decent with computers but im not that great
  • Right click on your desktop, Select Catalyst Control Center.....if it asks....select ADVANCED....in the upper Left-Hand side window...expand the + Sign by 3D.
    Select Catalyst A.I.
    Either set to Standard or put a check mark in the box to disable A.I.
  • First make sure to update you drivers!

http://game.amd.com/us-en/default.aspx
  • First make sure to update you drivers!

http://game.amd.com/us-en/default.aspx

i dont think we are seeing the same thing when we rightclick on desk top.. i dont see the CCC thing is there another way i can get to it?
  • Are you running XP or VISTA?
  • Are you running XP or VISTA?

i am using the OHHHHH so lovable VISTA.... sometiems i feel like going back to 98/2000 just so i can play this game... used to work on my XP but i lost my disks
  • Hey man, I don't know exactly what your problem is or why you are getting those ue's. Have no fear tho, I do know a couple things abouts computers and especially how to get Tribes2 to work. It's easy to blame poor vista but kicking that dead pony won't solve your problem. I have vista on my main box and tribes2 works fine. The first thing you need to do is uninstall the game. If you have stuff from before, scripts and what not make a backup of your base folder first. (C:\Dynamix\Tribes2\Gamedate\base usually). Now you get a fresh copy of the game (You don't need the disc anymore dude, it's a free download). You can get a copy of the game from this site in fact from the download link. Now you may want to install the patch but the essence of troubleshooting is to do things step by step. The next step for you will be to reinstall the fresh copy of tribes2. Make sure not to install directX 8.x when it asks you because that is an older version. If you have vista you probably already have directx 10. Once you have it installed make sure the training missions work. Here is where you may need to play around with your video/resolution settings and what not. You can also host your own game to mess w/ the settings untill it works right. I would have vertex lighting turned off and make sure your game resolution matches up w/ your desktop resolution setting. If you get the game to work right in offline mode, then you download the patch and install it and test again to make sure it still is working fine. Gardok 8)
  • :) Just so you know Kylums problem is solved , he needed too download and update his ATI cataylst and drivers , :)
  • Maybe you guys could help me out too if you dont mind. I only get UEs when I alt-tab out to windows and try to return to the game. Here are my specs:

Desktop Resolution (1680x1050 since this is my monitors native resolution)
    Game Resolution (1440x900 and I've tried setting my desktop to this also so they are the same but still doesnt work)
    VidCard: NVidia GeForce 9800 GTX+ 1Gig
    Drivers: NVidia 181.22
    CPU: Intel Core2 Quad Q8200

The game runs stunningly (all graphics settings maxed out) the ONLY thing not working is the alt-tab to windows. I am on a clean install (yesterday was first time T2 was on this rig).

Any thoughts or advice?
  • Vista will inevitably UE if you alt + tab out of Tribes 2. We don't know why and we don't even know if it's related to TribesNext.

Run in windowed mode.
  • Yes, windowed mode is working well. Just takes away a small bit of the feeling of being immersed but ill deal with it, much better than UE'ing in the middle of a scrim or match :) Thanks for the feedback. I'm loving the framerates im getting (280-290 solid in full gameplay) so I have nothing else to complain about. TribesNext appears to be working fantastic. Thx... Cid