No Noob Left Behind

13»

Comments

• edited May 2009
    And I had such high hopes for this thread...

I still have high hopes for this thread, I'm already working with two people. I'm not going to let others get in my way of helping new players.

TN
  • Oh hi, I am back. I cleaned your garbage out of this thread.

Stay on topic!!!...Stay on topic!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMDV3eISLPs
  • Then why train people at all. There's hardly anyone in the game who doesn't already know the basics.

This is what I don't understand: There are new people playing every day. Many of them don't post on here or are scared too due to the "must be a pro" mentality many people face. I really don't get the mentality of "most people that are playing have always been playing.

It's a small community, but people that are either stumbling across this for the first time (via Something Awful or other sites) or possibly played before but don't remember some of the basics or never played classic (or any other mod variant) are wanting to learn how to play the game. Some people actually want to learn just how to use a tank as a team, or properly tailgun, or other simple tasks that are just fun, don't require much skill, but may not be easy to learn in a "pick-up group" environment.
    My feelings exactly.It still is a good idea.
    I will help people. You can find me in #lastgasp on irc.tribalwar.com. You can also use my server which is the practice and competetion server. The admin pw is captain.
    This is what I am talking about is this so hard.I guy willing to to help no shit talking involved thanks Fling.
  • Yesterday I went on irc and visited #lastgasp, and there are plenty of ppl there who are willing to help and not just spew bullshit.

I'm one for playing for fun - not for all too seriousness - but still want to learn from someone who is actually capable of teaching me.
  • edited May 2009
    And I had such high hopes for this thread...

I still have high hopes for this thread, I'm already working with two people. I'm not going to let others get in my way of helping new players.

TN
    That's the spirit!
    Yesterday I went on irc and visited #lastgasp, and there are plenty of ppl there who are willing to help and not just spew bullshit.

I'm one for playing for fun - not for all too seriousness - but still want to learn from someone who is actually capable of teaching me.
    The lastgasp community is pretty nice to newbies for a competitive community. Most of the guys there are cool and will help if you ask for it.
  • I wanted to ask if there was interest in forming an adopt a noobie program, where veteran players teach and work with people who want to learn how to play tribes. Adopter's show them the ropes and give them advice on how to play this game with a high learning curve.

If you're interested in adopting or want to be adopted, please post here or send your request privately via private message (PM).

For the record, I'd like to work with at least 2 players at one time, I've done this before with at least 10 players.

|HV| TerraNova

This thread reminds me of when I first started playing - except it was Torque script that I was trying to master. If it wasn't for Naosyth, I may not even know much about TGE.
  • Yesterday I went on irc and visited #lastgasp, and there are plenty of ppl there who are willing to help and not just spew bullshit.

There are alot of people willing to help you it really depends on what you want to learn.Good luck in your training.
  • With these quick easy steps you too can be a jedi
  • Oh hi, I am back. I cleaned your garbage out of this thread.

Stay on topic!!!...Stay on topic!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMDV3eISLPs

... and just look at how much more productive this thread had become because of it :) We thank you Shane, and we also thank the dinosaur that you ride.
  • Cleaned more posts to keep thread on topic.
  • i'm willing to teach anybody the basics shoot me a message here or my email [email protected]. in game i usually play as stretch or nubcake
  • It's a pity that some feel the need to shit on useful threads like this.

I for one would be happy to help somebody new out w' the basics.