This might sound crazy...

2»

Comments

• I think Tribes 2 is excelent

The new Tribes with the graphics and phihics today and with the old tribes 2 gameplay would make a PERFEFCT game.Oh i forgot about the UE's

Yeah, i forgot about them too. gotta have those lol.
  • Well, I stopped by my local EA Games studio and threw a pitch at them earlier this morning as a part of my graduate study project. The game i've been privately designing (VERY rudimentary ATM) seemed to raise some eyebrows and hopefully they will take my offer into consideration.

Strangely enough, after my formal presentation I got to talking to some of the big-wigs at the studio and most of them admitted to being Tribes 2 fans. I informed them that the community base was still strong and that plenty of people still play T2. I got a lot of "wow really?" and told them to check this website out. Hopefully we can get some big names playing our game again. But that makes me wonder. If enough game designers get back into the game, maybe some sort of liscensing push could happen.
  • EA really I support your idea of a new tribes.EA I think might be the worst studio for the job.They have a habit of buying smaller studios taking there work and then giving the axe to the people who worked long and hard on the project and really care about it.Noy saying all there games are bad but seems to me they care more about money then quality of game there putting out.I would watch what I said to them or even showed them to be honest unless of course they give you a job but knowing them that might not last long,
  • While EA games has a corporate feel, all the information I disclosed is protected by the law. The first valuable information I learned at school is to copyright and patent everything you create before showing it to anyone. Then again, if they offer me a job you better beleive I will take it. Coming right out of school to designing my own game is too good to be true, in fact, i'm positive that it won't happen.

I just found it really interesting that some senior developers that have worked on countless amounts of games still seemed interested in Tribes. I would trust EA to re-create tribes as long as the team they assembled had gameplay experience. If the lead designer was a huge Tribes fan you better beleive they would stay true to the series.
  • I would not be surprised to see a new ver of tribes made by gg in the future.
  • edited July 2009
    I just found it really interesting that some senior developers that have worked on countless amounts of games still seemed interested in Tribes.

Even though tribes may seem like nothing in comparison to things like Half-Life, most people in the gaming industry are familiar with the Tribes franchise and Dynamix. Its regarded as a ground breaking game for its time. A classic. The problem is that it was so ahead of its time and got pirated a lot that it didnt draw the big consumer dollars. Thats what really gets publisher attention. Over the years its been lost in all the noise of shiny big production console games.
    I would not be surprised to see a new ver of tribes made by gg in the future.

I agree. Its not going to happen anytime soon because Legions is in the picture right now. But in a couple years as they polish Torque and IA it could happen. I just would still prefer a big polsihed game I can purchase instead of a browser game.
  • edited July 2009
    Well, this might sound crazy.

But bear with me.

Several (ahem) years ago, I waited eagerly at a CompUSA to get the latest release of the tribes series. When tribes 2 finally hit shelves I rushed home to play what would be the most influential game I have ever had the privelege of devoting myself to. I am proud to say that since then I have recently graduated from The University of Central Florida with a degree in Game Design. I am currently persuing a Graduate Study in advertising specific to video games. Sometime last month I was perusing the web looking for design ideas when I discovered Tribes 2 multiplayer was still running! It was absolutely wonderful to see what a dedicated community could do to keep their favorite game alive. The fast paced and evolving gameplay of Tribes is something that has been lost in the video game world. I would like to change that.

But this is the crazy part.

I was wondering how interested the community would be in building a new and improved version of their beloved game. While the reputation of Tribes seemed somewhat tarnished by Vengeance, I beleive that a hardcore dedication to the prequel should not die without an active attempt to continue the true legacy of the Tribes series.

T2 is by far the greatest video game ever created since Mario.

I would invest in creating a new "Tribes 2 like" game.
  • I think we should stick with what we have now, (but continue scripting and patching and so on) and wait to see what gg/ai releases in the future.
  • I think we should stick with what we have now, (but continue scripting and patching and so on) and wait to see what gg/ai releases in the future.
    Agreed. Continue on with scriptin and patchinn!