Scripts

okay so i have writters support and a few scripts i've downloaded, there in the base/scripts folder. i run the game and i get the scripts tab on the right, but in-game i press ESC and then the script tab isnt shown. it says its loaded all the scripts, and i set keybinds to some of them but nothing happens. [my tracerdx voicepack works, oddballs killcapcounter shows up but stays at 0]

Comments

• Moved to mods and customization.
  • Some scripts may not be playing nicely with each other.

Get a DSO deleter (you can find some on my websites - see sig), start and then exit the game.

Now try the scripts (other than writer's support) one-by-one to attempt to find the offending script. If that doesn't work, post more details in a chronological order so that we can better help you.
  • you can also alter the load sequence of the scripts by renaming them or in the ini for support.vl2

sometimes this can make a difference
  • I have a similar issue with scripts as the original poster. However, I have the Writers Support script and just Engineers HUD installed both in the Base folder. My issue is that I see no Scripts tab on the lower left hand corner when you are at the Home screen of the game. This is annoying as I have followed all the directions for installation and I delete DSO's after exiting the game.

Any ideas?

Thank you.
  • Not wanting to add a new thread here so I will just continue on this one. Tried loading HUD Mover and Hide Chaingun Reticle script, thinking those would show up ingame and nothing. I still see no "Scripts" option in the lower left hand corner menu. Any ideas what is wrong? I DL'd the Support script from here and I also have Engineers HUD.

It just will not show me the Scripts option at all.
  • This sounds like you have a bad copy of support.vl2

try another?
  • edited August 2009
    I tried the one from TribalOutpost and the one someone linked here. (it had an odd name for the address). I extracted the zipped data to the base folder like I read about.

Question: is it support.v(One)2 or support.v(lower case letter L)2? I ask this because I was told to change the file name from . zip to .v12/.vL2 once I extracted.

If you have any others places for the support, that would be great.

Well I went digging around TribalOutpost some more and found another Support file. I tried it and all is well now! :D
  • pm me an email addy and ill send you a good support.vl2

its a lower case L by the way
  • Here is a good copy of the support.vl2 file Hope it helps.
    Here