Auto voting script

Too busy playing to constantly vote just so the mission doesn't change?
I have made a script that votes no for you if you didn't vote on change mission votes.
check it out http://smokescreen.byethost18.com/

Comments

• edited September 2009
    if you can't be bothered to press a button after 20 seconds after you hear in a loud voice VOTE INITIATED and SEE A VOTING BAR and hear people spamming YES AND NO WITHOUT ANY OTHER POSSIBLE CONTEXT you shouldn't be allowed to play Tribes 2... and you definitely shouldn't be allowed to dilute the voting pool
  • edited September 2009
    You're of course assuming that they might just be inclined to concentrate that tiny bit more on the game.

Or that the idea of defaulting to "no", and not have to bother pressing yes, is appealing to really lazy people.

Or, that nobody will ever have their sound off, the HUD hidden, voice spamming muted, have music or something else on that's occasionally too loud.

Or, that nobody will ever go AFK for a second but stay in the server, observer mode or not.

The point is, there are plenty of reasons that someone can miss a vote, and even to someone who usually votes, having a script that prevents getting blindsided by a vote for whatever reason is nice.
  • I Really like the idea behind the script!
    I usually have music in the background and my screen only has a few things on it like reticle and ammo stuff. So a lot of the time I can't hear that the vote has been started. It has happened to me, that I only notice when the mission is changed because either only a few people voted or because no 1 heard it.
    Thanks will try it out.
  • Has anyone hear taken statistics? (lol neither have i anyways):
    people that WANT to vote yes are just as likely to miss the vote than people that want to vote no. With how it is now, you are actually getting the real(er) percentage of people that want a vote passed / the people that actually want it not passed, not some crap saying: "Hey, if you miss this, even if you wanted to vote yes, ill vote no for you." I know I've missed a fair share of votes I wanted to vote yes on.

If this is a response to the shitstorm with overvoting, a more direct approach would be more adequate for that (have longer timeouts for map changes, especially with the default 1337 maps everyone is so fond of).
  • Plus, you could always write a script to make votes more noticeable. Something that alternates bottomprint and centerprint while playing the red_alert sound could do it.
  • Well I looked at the script if you wanted the script to vote yes instead of now it can easily be done. If the Script works I like it, haven't tested it but I looked at the code...
    I mean if you really don't want anything like this, just don't download its as easy as that..
  • The point is that someone shouldn't be running a script to try and discourage mission voting considering the wealth of awful maps nobody wants to play on the only remaining active server.

If you don't vote, your vote shouldn't be counted. It's that simple. Whether you use scripts to increase the visibility of votes is up to you. When you cross the line into auto-voting, you shouldn't get a say in the matter.
  • yup, no vote would ever pass in our country cause half the population doesnt vote.

if you dont care, why vote no? i know this is for the lazy but ultimately it will end up in giving no-votes even though the user doesnt care
  • It's not because they don't care to vote, it's because they're too focused in the game and can't vote because of that (whether it's because they're too focused or can't be bothered to reach over and hit the insert/delete keys). The script is designed to remedy that. I've seen plenty of votes pass on Goon Haven because nobody voted except for three people (they vote yes, 100% - vote passes, a lot of people are unhappy). I've seen the map get changed to things I'd never think I'd see played on Goon Haven, like Dust to Dust, Broadside, and once to a different gametype like Defend and Destroy or something.
  • Dust to Dust is the absolute best T2 map. If you even have a doubt about this, you are a llama.
  • The voting should be done so that non-voters are not counted at all. Now by default voters need to be 75% to accept the vote.

It does not matter at all that people who do not want the map changed dont vote, because it does not effect the voting itself.

It is such way that if 2 votes YES for new mission. And all other 8 players does not vote at all, there is only 20% of votes counted. Even if last 8 would vote NO for the next mission. It would be still 20%. So those who do not want to allow vote to pass, does not need to do anything.

That is the most stupid thing because most does not vote. It is like democracy. Most people do not understand that you should vote to express your mind. If you do not vote, you can not blame others than yourself.

Is there anykind server-side script to make voting only to be counted between those who votes? Like if there is YES voters 10 and NO voters 2 and server has 46 players, the Vote is passed?

PS. Everyone who do not know when voting happends, can get HUDMOVER script and move the voting bar somewhere where you can see it. If yet people can not see it, they really should not play T2 at all. There are other brainless fraghunting games there to ruin.
  • Is there anykind server-side script to make voting only to be counted between those who votes? Like if there is YES voters 10 and NO voters 2 and server has 46 players, the Vote is passed?
    This is exactly what happens on goon heaven. But the bad thing is if two players vote Yes and no 1 else votes the vote passes.
    PS. Everyone who do not know when voting happends, can get HUDMOVER script and move the voting bar somewhere where you can see it. If yet people can not see it, they really should not play T2 at all. There are other brainless fraghunting games there to ruin.
    There is a lot of reasons why people sometimes don't vote. For me the reason is because I never hear because I have most of the sounds muted so I can listen to music. Sometimes I see it because I'm actually paying attention to whats going around on the screen. But even then sometimes I don't vote because I'm trying not to die, whether that be that I'm dodging a sniper or a stupid retard throwing mortars into the base. Even with the voting hud in front of me sometimes I just don't have the chance to vote without dieing. And I don't like just giving free points to retards that don't deserve them.
  • Even with the voting hud in front of me sometimes I just don't have the chance to vote without dieing. And I don't like just giving free points to retards that don't deserve them.

It is not so far away to press INSERT or DEL from right hand. Unless you are strafing on ground while opponent has you on her/his target all the time. It takes under 0.5 second to press vote button. So much time is many times even on duels. And when vote takes usually 15-30 seconds, there is many opportunes to vote.

If player is such that voting bar goes easily away, or user can not read the text in first place. There is scripts what pop-ups the voting reason.

We do not need autoscripts to vote NO when players do not have talent to play the games important features.

btw, Goon might have such function, but many times I have seen that there is most players voting YES, few NO what would make the it PASS. But it does not because vote has be under 30% because most players (over 20) did not vote at all. It is not good then if the voting is counted sometimes by all players and sometimes only by voters.
  • What about if the script based its self on maps and players,

say buddy list if they are on your buddy list, the system automaticly votes no for them if its a kick , and if its a map, that you in particular you like thats your favourite list and will just vote (yes) or (no) basic client side script,

Commands client side

]Blist to give you a list of all your buddys
    ]AddBlist to add buddys(Get voted no if on list
    ]BelBlist to delete buddys ( get vote yes automaticly that are not on the list
    ]AddFavMap to add one of you favourite maps (can have upto 100 Favourite maps
    ]DelFavMap to delete one of your maps

Hope this helped
  • What about if the script based its self on maps and players,

say buddy list if they are on your buddy list, the system automaticly votes no for them if its a kick , and if its a map, that you in particular you like thats your favourite list and will just vote (yes) or (no) basic client side script,

So, it is correct to allow even buddies to play wrong way, teamkilling, destroying team stuff and so on without voting out? I Vote buddy out if he ruins the gameplay. Being my buddy does not mean that I would accept their wrong behavior at all.

The whole voting problem still exist between player chair and keyboard. The automatic voting script does not help at all the player itself, or other players on the server at all.

If I can not see vote what causes map change to one what I do not like. I can not blame voting system because of that. Only myself that I did not follow the game what was happening.

Seems that there would come reason to not vote at all, because people starts using autovote script. I would understand it's idea if the voting really would be hard like typing commands to console or going to menu to do so, as the voter does. But it is nothing more than pressing one button from two choises.
  • Ah, coincidence. I have already made a private buddylist script that automatically votes to support buddies. It's definitely easy.
    So, it is correct to allow even buddies to play wrong way, teamkilling, destroying team stuff and so on without voting out? I Vote buddy out if he ruins the gameplay. Being my buddy does not mean that I would accept their wrong behavior at all.
    Then remove them from your buddy list. Simple. Why do you have people on your buddy list who cause problems, especially when the main purpose of the buddy list is to support them in votes?
    The whole voting problem still exist between player chair and keyboard. The automatic voting script does not help at all the player itself, or other players on the server at all.
    Uh, yes, it does help the player. The can select their preferences for all votes, and the script will vote for them based on preferences. It would also be simple to add a feature that detects if a player likes the current map or not, and will vote no to switch off of it even if the vote is for a favorite map.
    If I can not see vote what causes map change to one what I do not like. I can not blame voting system because of that. Only myself that I did not follow the game what was happening.
    Or you could do the smart thing, and download a script that aides you.
    Seems that there would come reason to not vote at all, because people starts using autovote script. I would understand it's idea if the voting really would be hard like typing commands to console or going to menu to do so, as the voter does. But it is nothing more than pressing one button from two choises.
    What is you point? It doesn't matter how difficult you think voting is. What matters is whether people miss votes or not. With a script, they don't - and it votes for exactly what they would have voted for anyway. It's that simple.
  • Locked for flames.

Objective of the thread was achieved.
This discussion has been closed.