UltraXL

Started up an UltraXL server... just search for UltraXL in the game browser. I am the guy that put it together many years ago (Known as Xenolith back then). Web page is no more, but a copy of the "manual" is here. Also started a Facebook page for you to join.

Enjoy.

X-posted in Competition and Pick-ups

Comments

• X-posted in Competition and Pick-ups
    absolutely no reason for that
    1) Laser Rifle - Converted to the IX-2000 Sniper Rifle. This Sniper Rifle has unlimited ammo and fires high energy plasma "bullets". This is the primary weapon for air to air combat and for taking out those nasty turrets from long range. The range of this weapon is 500 metres.
    go away forever
  • go away forever
    How old are you?
  • I apologize for Red Shifter, this is the only place were he can sound smart and important. Let him be.
  • An UltraXL demo I made back in 2001 -
  • edited November 2009
    Noooo next mod... There's no need to create new mods. We have not too much players, and need of modyfication isn't user-side, but creator-side. So why make mods, in witch nobody will play, or very low ammount of people? Is there reason? Or it's just self-realization?

I advise You to work on other projects, witch can particulary rebulid Tribes - we're still have just ONE public server and I dont see many pickup games. So situation is now like it was on April - i cant see any changes in good directions.

flame flame flame
    PLAY CLASSIC OR BASE OR GTFO !!11111
    end of flame
  • This isn't a new mod, a little history...

First version of UltraXL came out about a week after Tribes 2 was initially released. So last few days of March 2001. Then I kept updating it through 2002. I ran a server out visi.com for about year... had two 40 player games running on it. At its peak, UltraXL was the 3rd or 4th most popular mod. I stopped running the server at the end of 2002, and no other server filled in the gap, so the mod dropped off.

Running the current server to see if there are some of the old cult following around so we can get some matches in. Not too hopeful, but worth a shot. Fun going down memory lane at least. The mod was a lot of fun to develop and play. Great experience.
  • It's a very different experience from the typical T2 rule set, and it's what got me into this game over the incredibly slow and boring base rule set (and derivatives) that predominated prior to classic. It's certainly a lot more polished than the crap like War200x, and more interesting than noobified versions of base like v2. It's not as strategically stimulating as classic, but it is more tactically stimulating.

You're only playing this game now because I took a keen enough interest in this game and the main reason I took interest in this game was this mod. TN wouldn't exist if UltraXL didn't -- so, keep the flames reasonable, and educated.

Xenolith would know me best as the haughty [SSA]Electricutioner.
  • dont listen to the whiners that have nothing better to do than complain zoyx.I remember your name for some reason dont know why but welcome back.
    Good luck with the server!

• Xenolith would know me best as the haughty [SSA]Electricutioner.

I remember that name!
  • sorry for my comment

i just really

really

really

hate rapid fire hitscan weapons
  • edited November 2009
    Ahh thank you for bringing this back! I loved it and it was also one of the mods that hooked me on the games, along with renegades, although I played then as -Neocrathy_punK-, I'm sure you'll see me in your server with this name as often as i can be :)

Don't listen to the flames, just boosts the views and replies to your thread and spreads the word around for you faster than you could have yourself :)

edit* you might wanna throw some bots in the server, and do you happen to know if khameleon is still around from xl?
  • Thyth...just owned.
  • Why is someone advertising a mod in this thread anyways? It has nothing to do with this thread and he's completely derailed the original ideas of this thread with his mindless spamming.
  • Why is someone advertising a mod in this thread anyways? It has nothing to do with this thread and he's completely derailed the original ideas of this thread with his mindless spamming.

because its a fucking forum
  • This is a video game community. It's a virtual impossibility to stay on topic longer than two pages.

Unless of course it's a thread bashing something, in which case it is likewise a virtual impossibility to stop the flames.

Quiz time!
    1) What is the name of the mod being spammed in this thread?
    2) What is the title of this thread?

pretty sure he was just being sarcastic with no harm intended :o