Tribes2 Version 2 Rebels2 Server NO BOTS

13»

Comments

• well they've never played a map besides katabatic so they are at a sure disadvantage already
    That's true. What would they even do with their two map choices? Would we just play Katabatic twice?
  • lol i WOULD LOVE to play in this and mercilessly own the v2 players
  • Wild discussion - Love this stuff - V2 relieves my stress thats all I care about.

Ravin
  • well they've never played a map besides katabatic so they are at a sure disadvantage already
    That's true. What would they even do with their two map choices? Would we just play Katabatic twice?

at least make it fair, 5 classic players vs 10 v2 players.

What do you mean? I thought it was classic "players" against v2 "gods"?!?!?!?!

What do you mean? I thought it was classic "players" against v2 "gods"?!?!?!?!

oh lol yeah I didn't see how he classified it before. All i can say is ouch to the v2 team. Honestly though, Most of the V2 "gods" ,as he put it ,have retired or started playing classic.

But Whatever, GET IT GOING. If I can't play in it, I want it shoutcasted :P
  • ok, Ima say this, the only reason people are getting so up in arms about V2 v Classic is because they are so much alike! sure they're different in subtle ways, or not so subtle.
    some players like repairing or getting veh faster, some like massive splash damages from mortars.
    however, lets imagine Tribes2 with only one server or mod ?

are any of you saying that if there was no choice , they would just quit playing?

I never played Classic or V2 before Vengeance came out and all the ladders died, I was a Ren player.
    I got in where i could just keep playing, didnt care for Classic but, hadnt given it a chance.
    I mute all the bs flaming in the servers because im there to play.
    Many of us survived through the "lan server" days before Tribes Next was up because we love this game.

Now that the community is so small we either adjust to what we have or go find some other game ( Blasphemer!!! )

Now, I have been giving Classic a chance I really enjoy it! (Classic is faster btw) I still enjoy V2 also as well as 3 other mods, point is, WHO GIVES A SHIT ? stfu and play!

We might as well start a boxers v briefs thread.

Carp
  • Testicles.
  • Well said, Carp. At the risk of calming people down too much, I want to clarify things a bit. I might regret writing this instead of 'V2 is better, Nyah!', but I guess maturity has to weigh in at some point. V2 isn't better, neither is classic. Like the man said, it's all Tribes. My intention in proposing the tourney is to chip away a little at the inertia in the community - a little controversy and friendly rivalry to get people to dial their pacemakers off the snooze setting.

Thanks to the people of TribesNext - the real tribal gods of the game - T2 has a new lease on life. The market advantage of good quality for free is significant. But that hasn't sunk in with the experienced players yet, who still see it as a dead legacy game and treat it that way. Pimp that download!

I've seen a lot of utterly new, totally clueless people on various servers over the past months. They don't stick around, though. Why would they? 'Newb' is the dirtiest word in tribes, and all they get for the effort of trying the game is beat up, beat down, and disrespected in the extreme. The community has developed a mean streak that goes unchecked by the jaded admins and players, and that does more damage to our favorite game than all of the many cheats combined.

I think that happens because too many of us feel like the game is dead or dying. It ain't so, anymore, but the apathy is now seriously entrenched. So yeah, I'll give the classic guys a little poke in the ego now and then, I don't mean anything by it I just want to wake ya up a little.

A little tournament, playing for bragging rights, isn't going to change things. Might help some, though. Actual teams playing actual matches. Players trying a little harder because they want to be on a team. The general community waiting to find out what happened. It could happen. Have you been paying a little more attention to your shots since I posted that challenge? Yeah. It's ok, you can admit that deep down you still give a d___ about this game. And if nothing else it'll be good $hitz'n giggles.

So get your ma on, you slow-motion classic llamas. V2 wheels are in (typically fast) motion and I'll be trying hard to get a team to gel. Unfortunately for all you who want a swipe at me I'm not at all sure I'll make the cut so if you wanna smack my gob you'll have to find me in a pub.

Kabal

P.S. Hug a newbie Today.
  • edited January 2010
    :o WOW what responses, when all I was trying to do is TELL everyone that we have a GREAT SERVER with SUPER ADMINS that are the coolest and we like to help newer players get it going. I wonder what would have been said if I had stated that Classic can't and never could be as good as Version 2 unless somebody rescripted the entire creepy slow Mod but I didn't say that did I not to mention the dumb way is deducts your scores when you TK some one accidently? :-X
  • I wonder what would have been said if I had stated that Classic can't and never could be as good as Version 2 unless somebody rescripted the entire creepy slow Mod but I didn't say that did I not to mention the dumb way is deducts your scores when you TK some one accidently? :-X

Let me guess, You defend your gens with mortars.
  • I've seen a lot of utterly new, totally clueless people on various servers over the past months. They don't stick around, though. Why would they? 'Newb' is the dirtiest word in tribes, and all they get for the effort of trying the game is beat up, beat down, and disrespected in the extreme. The community has developed a mean streak that goes unchecked by the jaded admins and players, and that does more damage to our favorite game than all of the many cheats combined.
    Just because we make fun of you and your newb mod doesn't mean we make fun of the actual new players. Most people I know are actually helpful to every new player they meet. They are great, because they have come into this difficult game and are toughing it out and trying to learn and get better. Unlike you V2 players, who chose to play a mod where nothing takes skill there's no reason to get better at anything in the game. So you can continue to be absolutely horrible at the game, never learn how to play real Tribes, but still have fun because skill doesn't matter in V2. When Rebels was the only server left, it was ravaging the corpse of this game by preventing any new player from learning how to play. V2 is a fucking virus, and if it spreads it will kill this game again just like it did before TribesNext revived it.
    Have you been paying a little more attention to your shots since I posted that challenge? Yeah.

So get your ma on, you slow-motion classic llamas. V2 wheels are in (typically fast) motion and I'll be trying hard to get a team to gel. Unfortunately for all you who want a swipe at me I'm not at all sure I'll make the cut so if you wanna smack my gob you'll have to find me in a pub.
    ::) No. You just don't get it. You guys are beyond terrible and have no idea how to play the game. All we did with your challenge is laugh at it. Did you think I was joking when I said we don't need to prepare, and we'll just play with whoever is around at match time? Most of them probably will not have played V2 in over a year, if ever. It won't matter. So yeah, you work your little gears and gather your newb forces. Practice up as much as you can. We don't really care. Just a fair warning, when we get up 6 or 7 caps, we are just going to hold the flag and taunt you for the remainder of each map in the most humiliating ways we can think of.
    :o WOW what responses, when all I was trying to do is TELL everyone that we have a GREAT SERVER with SUPER ADMINS that are the coolest and we like to help newer players get it going. I wonder what would have been said if I had stated that Classic can't and never could be as good as Version 2 unless somebody rescripted the entire creepy slow Mod but I didn't say that did I not to mention the dumb way is deducts your scores when you TK some one accidently? :-X
    No one cares what you say, because you're dumb. It's actually a very peculiar phenomenon. Why is every V2 player so god damn terrible, without exception? I mean with some of you who've been playing so long, you'd think that at least one of you would have learned how to even play the game by now. But you just haven't. Why is that? At first we assumed that the mod itself makes you terrible. It's certainly plausible, considering how brainless and easy it is. But the fact that you resist all evidence to the contrary makes me think it's something more. Maybe you all have some mental defect, something screwed up in your brain that hinders your ability to think properly, resulting in silly opinions and an inability to learn to play games.
  • edited January 2010
    What is your game name KRY ? Cause in all the years playing we have never seen you on any server. ::) We think all you can do is wait for a post so you'll have something you can do COMPLAIN, BITCH AND DISAGREE. ::)
  • .....I tried to help them. I tried to point them in the right direction. It seems as though they LIKE being punching bags. Have at it boys.
  • Thank you, Kryand, for so perfectly illustrating my point about the mean streak that taints the game. Apparently you feel that all players should be on par with the old guard, there's no room for average, and anybody who's just a regular player is 'dumb' because they don't see things through your crap-tinted lenses.

Here's something I really don't get: How can you bear to play this game at all, when you are completely surrounded by people *just like me*, who play middling well and love the game? How do you do it, and why? Does it not suck to be you? Does it not suck to play tribes when so many others apparently don't know how? And they're multiplying! New players who know even less than me! Whatever will you do? You need to do something else, something you can actually enjoy. Baby harp seal hunting, perhaps.

I thought I was clear in my previous post but I'll say it again with littler words. It is not about what is better. It is not about who is better. It does not matter what any one knows about playing this game. I know you don't get that, and can't. And apparently when you read my last post you didn't clue in to the fact that I don't care who wins a classic vs v2 match, that the outcome is in fact the very least important thing about it.

I'll play this game for a long long time, enjoying every minute. But I'll never kid myself that it actually means anything. How you treat others, on the other hand, means everything. And you've chalked up an epic fail on that score.

I hope we can have that little tournament, it will be good for a game that is struggling to make some kind of comeback. However, the tourney won't happen if you are a part of it. You need to go away so the rest of us can get back to enjoying tribes. Now that I know the sort of person you are, I would never knowingly participate in any game that you are a part of. I wonder how many people you've driven away from the game....

But there's still a lot of great people around who know how to have a good time in tribes, so I think we can get by without you. In fact if the game really matters so much to you then you should uninstall it, before you can do more harm.

I'm done with this thread. I'll start a new one as things develop with our humble, dumb-ass team. I won't be checking back here, so Kryand you'll have to wait for a new thread to inject with your poison.

kabal
  • I wonder how many people you've driven away from the game....

too many bro... too many..

and very well put Kabal, I dont think anyone could describe Kryand any better.

*here comes Kryands attack post.. lets see what happens :)
  • Cock goes where?
  • edited January 2010
    I thought I was pretty clear with my last post, but I guess not, because kabal is still doing nothing but straw-man arguments. There's a difference between a genuine newb and a terrible idiot newb. Genuine newbs are the ones who actually are new or inexperienced, know it, and they are trying learn to get better; a terrible idiot newb is someone who is bad at the game, but refuses to accept it and thinks he's entitled to go around acting like he knows anything about the game solely because he's been playing awhile. Genuine newbs are unskilled because they just started playing; terrible idiot newbs choose to be bad and don't even realize it. Genuine newbs are great, and we are helpful to them, because them getting better is the thing that will help this game the most; terrible idiot newbs need to shut up and go away, because they've already made it clear that they will never help the game, and every time they open their mouths they risk recruiting more people into their terrible idiot newb mindset.

You and all your V2 player friends are terrible idiot newbs.

And you're right, it's not about who is better. The only reason I keep telling you who is better is just to make you feel bad - which I'm glad to see is working. This is what it's about:

V2 already killed this game once.

Anyone who gives shit about this game should do what they can to keep that from happening again.
    And the other reason I keep explaining how much better classic players are is that it shuts down the stupid comment that blindkilla is probably about to make.
  • Dam dude sit back and breathe for a second there.I suggest a few xanax and lots of therapy.
This discussion has been closed.