How far do you want to go in Tribes 2?

Comments

• You are the only one in the entire community who knows of ZP (or do you?) and doesn't already know with 100% certainty how that would turn out. I'd say that makes it your responsibility to set up the duel. Get off your ass and do some research, or shut the hell up. Or keep talking if you'd like, because we sure get a good laugh out of every time you try to claim that some random person you saw fly a shrike in a pub could beat the universally-agreed-upon best shriker in the game for the past 9 years.
    Correction. You're 99% sure of the outcome based solely on speculation. You wouldn't be certain until they actually fought. That's why I offered a bet. If you really were certain, you would have accepted the bet and get them to fight. So why didn't you?

That's the point I was making. You're all talk, no walk. Instead of downplaying how much TWL trashed Goon Haven, why not do something about it?
    Most griefers are not TWL players. Or if they do actually play on TWL, they are bad enough to be under the radar. Hardly someone whom I'd refer to as a "competition player". And in any case, what makes you think I have any power over getting them to stop?
    I listed a few chronic griefers from TWL which are the ones who are most damaging to Goon Haven - griefing for their dissatisfaction with the server, who come back and grief over and over again because they know they can get away with it. From what I understand, you guys want to introduce competition to the public and recruit players to the TWL ctf ladder. Well, that won't happen until all of you (however many or few) stop trashing the server and show the public that not only is it enjoyable to play with you guys, competition can be exciting too.

Why do you think I wanted them to stop in the first place? If TWL never caused any problems to Goon Haven, you'd have alot more players willing to give Branzone and competition a go. That's an entire year worth of players, had they not trashed the server. If TWL had a friendly relationship with GH, GH could even advertise (via MOTD) for Branzone pickups and whatnot. We have the same goal. So do the griefers from TWL. I don't think getting them to stop is an impossible task for you.
    I'm not sure what you were smoking that made you think I ever had potential, but I'd like some.
    You really did have potential, a kind of pure, raw potential I don't see very often. I'm not sure whether it's because you weren't ready for this community, or because a certain unworthy person entirely corrupted your way of thinking. Or both. It's unfortunate.
    Dude just shut the hell up never once did I say I hate TWL please remove your head from kryands rear and smell the coffee.I actually gave them a few suggestions that might help the comp division.Like breaking up stack and hack into two teams and fighting it out to see who would be number one I still havent gotten a response to it.If there as good as they say they are I dont see what the big deal is.Kryand says I am trying to kill any spark there trying to create in twl comp I dont think so.wouldnt this ignite a spark in a stagnant division? creating another good team in a division of about 5 active ones at this time?

Again Never once did I say I hate TWL I enjoyed my time there.I do hate what it has become.I didnt try to make it some flame war and I dont name names till someone brings up mine e.g. kryand and teratos
    Oh just ignore him. He's the type who puts words in people's mouths just to try to make people he has a grudge against look bad. You know, one of those.
    sometimes.. i feel ashamed being a part of this forum.. especially after reading all these posts.. i have nothing else to say
    I don't know about the others, but I post here for one reason and one reason only: personal amusement. The psychology in this community is fascinating. It's fun playing around with all the different minds here. It's kind of like a laboratory (not that I think all these people are my guinea pigs). I probably won't be here for much longer though. It's only a matter of time before real-life completely takes over.
  • edited January 2010
    Hmmm seems like you think I don't have my head on straight because I have NEVER thought ZP was the best. As I said he was good no doubt, but certainly not the best. Now I know whats going through your mind at this point...He just thinks he was the best blah blah blah. And to be honest I can't with a straight face say I was. I honestly can't say any one person was the best and I knew a lot of pilots including ZP before he was efamous. To be honest the closest you can come to the truth is there was a handfull of pilots that were the best in the world. I'm sorry I just don't grade ZP in that group...He is damn close...Probably right at the door knocking to get in. Though I suppose these days my opinion on the matter doesn't count for too much.

And I beg to differ about it only being about who shot first....You should know better yourself. Shame on you for even typing those words. It came down to energy management, situational awareness, movement, prediction, and then finally aim. To say any one of those wins the fight by themselves is folly.

And I still say you could of been/were a better shriker than ZP. The only thing is you didn't have the drive to do so. You sampled the gameplay and it just didn't do it for you.

And as far as dismissing the fellow thats a different story if you've seen him. The posts made it sound like you were simply dismissing him because he was a pubber. Though to be honest dueling doesn't prove much besides who is a better dueler. Much like ground wise yes its a show of skill, but does not equate to being better or worse than a person in ctf.

And as for the story about this thread. I'm guessing kryand made a team with some oldies. Pubbers got bent out of shape. They got accused of hacking and so on? Drama? Am I close?
  • Correction. You're 99% sure of the outcome based solely on speculation. You wouldn't be certain until they actually fought. That's why I offered a bet. If you really were certain, you would have accepted the bet and get them to fight. So why didn't you?

That's the point I was making. You're all talk, no walk. Instead of downplaying how much TWL trashed Goon Haven, why not do something about it?
    I linked ZP to the thread where we first talked about this. He told me he's already shrike dueled Stun-Gun Milly multiple times and won every single one of them without even taking damage. Then he made fun of you for a while and went back to playing Heroes of Newerth or whatever he plays now. That's as far as I cared to take it. Why should I exert effort just to prove the skill of someone other than myself to some random clueless person on a forum? Everyone else with a clue already knows the outcome. Every time you bring this up, you just make yourself look like a newb. Why would I want to stop that?
    I listed a few chronic griefers from TWL which are the ones who are most damaging to Goon Haven - griefing for their dissatisfaction with the server, who come back and grief over and over again because they know they can get away with it. From what I understand, you guys want to introduce competition to the public and recruit players to the TWL ctf ladder. Well, that won't happen until all of you (however many or few) stop trashing the server and show the public that not only is it enjoyable to play with you guys, competition can be exciting too.
    First of all, at most 2 of the people you named are actual griefers. The rest just play well and don't take shit from people who accuse them of cheating. Try again.
    Second of all, the only reason anyone associates those guys with TWL is because of people like you who tell them so. Without you, those guys would just be random skilled players who talk shit. But no, now they are TWL players who allegedly represent TWL gameplay.
    Why do you think I wanted them to stop in the first place? If TWL never caused any problems to Goon Haven, you'd have alot more players willing to give Branzone and competition a go. That's an entire year worth of players, had they not trashed the server. If TWL had a friendly relationship with GH, GH could even advertise (via MOTD) for Branzone pickups and whatnot. We have the same goal. So do the griefers from TWL. I don't think getting them to stop is an impossible task for you.
    Ah I love blind speculation from people who have no idea what they are talking about. And oh look, there you go again. TWL, TWL, TWL, TWL, TWL. It's not TWL you moron. It's a few players.
  • Correction. You're 99% sure of the outcome based solely on speculation. You wouldn't be certain until they actually fought. That's why I offered a bet. If you really were certain, you would have accepted the bet and get them to fight. So why didn't you?

I linked ZP to the thread where we first talked about this. He told me he's already shrike dueled Stun-Gun Milly multiple times and won every single one of them without even taking damage. Then he made fun of you for a while and went back to playing Heroes of Newerth or whatever he plays now. That's as far as I cared to take it. Why should I exert effort just to prove the skill of someone other than myself to some random clueless person on a forum? Everyone else with a clue already knows the outcome. Every time you bring this up, you just make yourself look like a newb. Why would I want to stop that?
    First of all, at most 2 of the people you named are actual griefers. The rest just play well and don't take shit from people who accuse them of cheating. Try again.
    Second of all, the only reason anyone associates those guys with TWL is because of people like you who tell them so. Without you, those guys would just be random skilled players who talk shit. But no, now they are TWL players who allegedly represent TWL gameplay.
    Ah I love blind speculation from people who have no idea what they are talking about. And oh look, there you go again. TWL, TWL, TWL, TWL, TWL. It's not TWL you moron. It's a few players.
    And in a nutshell this is why the classic comp division is on its death bed.All you have to do is read any random posts by you.Anyone that doesnt agree with your clueless rants is a newb you should really take a look at yourself.You have no idea what true comp is all about and probably never will.I suggest something that might actually help I mean I expect you to go for it just because I was the one who suggested it but dude what a lame excuse you can barely field a 7 man team.your the team one the top rung and you cant get 7 people to show.Well I guess that would mean I am right and you division is dead.Otherwise your team could split in half and recruit other players from maybe the other teams that dont even have 7 men on there roster bright boy.Or maybe get someone from the community that might be thinking about joining comp play.Which probably is growing smaller by every post they have to read by you.
    why dont you try something new and instead of bad mouthing everyone who does not feel the same way you do.surprise everyone and say and do something positive if you even have that capability .
  • does anyone know when to just..stop? i know its tempting to reply to these posts especially when you feel like you really gota say something back but, seriously whos guna be the bigger man?
  • seriously whos guna be the bigger man?
    The person who has the last reply, so it seems.
    stack%20and%20hack.jpg
    Rusty was, and still is, pretty damn epic.
  • Why would we split out team up? Our roster is one of the smallest on the ladder and is also the one that's been playing together the longest since tribesnext came out.While it seems as though some of you may not understand this, we enjoy playing together as a team. The hostility in this thread seems to be coming from a select few who have never been involved or do not currently play competition. For the rest of you, as I posted earlier, it's fun- you would certainly enjoy it!

... And for those of you that say the ladder is dead, 6 of the current 8 teams are scheduled for matches right now! I encourage you all to register on the twl forums and join irc to see what you've been missing.
  • Immigrant you seem like a level headed guy I understand I get that you like playing with each other nothing wrong with that,My suggestion was just that a suggestion.
    I think it would ignite things in the CTF comp division is all.For better or for worse this thread shed some light on the CTF ladder which in the end is a good thing.We can all agree to disagree I guess
  • Blindkilla,

You should start a team and help lead the movement to "ignite" the ladder!
  • Blindkilla,

You should start a team and help lead the movement to "ignite" the ladder!
    LOL but everybody hates me because I am so angry grrrrrrrrrr.
  • Put together a HV team, you'll end on the popular list for match/scrim challenges, just because people want to beat the crap out of you ;D. That, and the ladder could do with another team tackling the lower end of it.
  • i know someone who claims to have helped start HV

he regrets that he was unable to end it
  • If T2 was basketball, guys like Demoncard would be the ones showing up to a game and kicking the ball around, then wondering why it frustrates the people who are trying to play the game to win. He'd find a group of pros and tell them they are only where they are because they're black, that they don't deserve their rings because they cheated -- and then he'd wonder why they get upset and derive pleasure from creating misery for him. Meanwhile, Wildcard, the highschool star, would be telling everyone that he was better than Michael Jordan -- and while he could very well be right about it, I'll put my money on MJ. (post some demos Wildcard, back it up)

How may of you guys find "TWL players" talking shit to you unprovoked? Do you ever find that you are minding your own business and helping your team and then *BAM* somebody comes along and insults your mom? Or does that only happen when you accuse them of cheating while you keep changing the turret barrels to mortar and satcheling the flag and being otherwise worse to your team than the enemy?
  • Hmmm I'm getting called out eh? I suppose this is about my opinions on ZP. Sorry I don't have the demo's from 10 or so years ago. Do you? Why?

If you want to believe ZP is/was the best all the power too you. I just didn't expect kryand to jump on that bandwagon.
  • It makes more sense after you watch his demos from #1 matches. I'd like to see what your favorite CTF shrikers would say if you asked them who they thought was the best CTF shriker.
  • Their actions might cause harm, but guys like you who propagate the misconception that all TWL players are like that are doing way more harm than anyone else.
    I never once claimed the entire TWL community to grief. It's people who make such assumptions AND continue to grief to this day who do the damage to TWL themselves. Proj, Nevares, kmz, Gendo, CPM, Meyog are a few I've personally witnessed in-game back in the day, All Eyes sometimes, even Codeman griefed, and there's bound to be others who only smurfs (e.g. Kambul?).
    And blaming Stack and Hack for your refusal to play competition is hilarious and pathetic.
    By Stack and Hack I'm referring to the mentality of team-stacking on Goon Haven, trash talking and relentless griefing i.e. completely ruin the fun for everyone else, which is the true meaning behind that team name, no?

stack%20and%20hack.jpg

There's no excuse for what you guys have done and continue to do.

And you expect people to "learn how to play the game" from you?
    I don't say it's impossible, but you guys have a long way to go.

Btw Shizuka... just, stop posting. It's sad to see what I once considered to have extreme potential to degenerate into what it is you've become.

Uhh.. yeah. So this is Kambul. I play under the name psycore because that was my ORIGINAL tribes 2 name from the old school that people know me by from my time on Team 311. I never smurf and people know who I am. The only time I smurfed was when I played under the name "Base Turret" for a few weeks for a while on goonhaven. All I did was rape the base. I never made fun of anyone.

To be honest, you are speaking about these players and you don't even know them. I think you feel like I'm an asshole griefer because when I go into goonhaven, I'm so much better than everyone else that I can stay alive forever in shield and kill everyone no problems. This isn't happening because I'm an asshole. This is happening because I'm a good player and I've worked really hard over the years and honed my skills. What would you rather have me do? Strap on an elf gun and a plasma rifle and go to town sucking it up?

The players you mention can be beaten, me included. Its just that the average goonhaven pubber doesn't have any competition experience and they don't know how to handle somebody that does. Being on a competitive team will help you more than anything. There are higher vibrations going on between the competitive players. All you have to do is be cool and willing to learn and trust me, we would respond to you in a positive way.

If anyone would like to learn anything from me, I would be glad to help. I've always been willing to help out with demos and advice. In fact, showing people things in tribes is one of my favorite things to do in life, because its one of my favorite hobbies.

Competitive players are somewhat brash, but just don't take it too seriously. It just keeps things interesting and really fun when you get two teams hyping up a match.

I would like to say one final thing. Tribes competition is a beautiful thing. Its literally beautiful. You are missing out if you stick to goonhaven because it doesn't compare to competition at all. Goonhaven is like eating a microwavable TV dinner, competition is like eating the best steak money can buy. Don't miss out. PM me on irc.dynamics.com #ni or #lastgasp and I'll help out any way I can.

-Kambul aka psycore
  • One more thing,

Why complain about team stacking? I just think that at this point it doesn't make any sense. How about get better? Or learn what the good players are doing by watching? I just think the notion of team stacking is kind of a cop out. Its like asking to stay on the bunny slopes forever. Sometimes you just get raped. You have no idea how many times I've been owned.

Also, why is team stacking our fault? Sounds to me like goonhaven just needs better admins.

If I'm up against a team of really good players, the first thing I get is excited. Even if my base is raped over and over I'm still probably having more fun than going against people that don't present a challenge. You can't blame other people for your lack of ability.
  • Hmmm I'm getting called out eh? I suppose this is about my opinions on ZP. Sorry I don't have the demo's from 10 or so years ago. Do you? Why?

http://www.fantastic-incorporated.com/demos/Shriking/
    http://files.nastyhobbit.org/index.php?dir=t2-rec/
  • I'll say this, nobody has taken the shrike to ZP's level in competition.

Wildcard might be a good shriker I don't know. But ZP has proven it over many years. Every competitive player that has played the game, even the other shrikers, recognize ZP as the greatest shriker ever.

To see the things he does to prepare, how he sets his game up, the things he thinks about, its on another level man. I've seen a lot of good players, but ZP is probably the most impressive of them all.
  • i know someone who claims to have helped start HV

I know someone who claims to have help start Red Shifter

• I know someone who claims to have help start Red Shifter

I don't get why you'd even make this post. Do you think it's witty or something?
  • I AM THE GREATEST TANK DRIVER OF ALL TIME
  • i can conc cap with tanks

and jump base-to-base on broadside (with the addition of a short ramp)
  • Nuclear scientist says that dudebot is.
  • I know someone who claims to have help start Red Shifter

I don't get why you'd even make this post. Do you think it's witty or something?
    I dont get why you make most of yours so I guess where even.I mean what he can make some smart ass post that has nothing to do with this thread and I cant? GO KRY TO SOMEONE WHO CARES
  • Players should work themselves only to the ideal that blindkilla has reached: learn how to talk shit without actually learning how to play the game.
  • Players should work themselves only to the ideal that blindkilla has reached: learn how to talk shit without actually learning how to play the game.
    ha ha typical learn how to play the game bravado really Red I had a little hope for you just a little.
  • [glow=black,2,30]NONE OF YOU SCRUBS CAN MATCH MY LEVEL OF TANK SKILL. THIS HAS BEEN A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT BY YOUR LOCAL DUDEBOT ASSOCIATE.