Skins.

Please help me, lol, i forgot how to get to the base folder and everything so i can put on new skins. It would be great if you could help me.

Comments

• By the way, i downloaded it, its not from a CD.
  • Gamedata/Base/Textures/Skins if you do not have the Skins folder just make one.
  • How do you get to game data? Me= Pure Noob

P.S ive tried everything i think
  • I think the default location is X:dynamix/gamedata/base/textures/skins
    X being your default drive usually C
  • Drive C, thanks! i'll try that.
  • Thanks! i got to gamedata, now ill figure out the rest. Many, many thanks.

Editing:
  • My skins folder is an internet one. Should i change it to... or...
  • what do you mean internet one?
  • to open a folder, doubleclick it
  • Ok i tried a different skins folder thats not under Tribes 2 but TRIBES. Nothing in it though, but it might work( crosses fingers)!
  • Didnt work. kept on trying figured it now, im so dumb.
  • Where do you put the vehicle skins? And is there any way to have all your wep skins in your base folder so you can see other peoples and your own, even if yours is different to theirs?
    If you own it then you can change it. Otherwise, contact the site host.
  • Where do you put the vehicle skins? And is there any way to have all your wep skins in your base folder so you can see other peoples and your own, even if yours is different to theirs?
    Exact same location
  • wep skins issue: but then it just goes to a wep skin thats different to the one i want to use. I'll try again what the hell.
    vehicle issue: i've tried it before but it didnt work. I'll try again what the hell. :-\ :-\ :o;) :P

What do you mean by "an internet one"?

If you downloaded it from a website, the way T2 licensing was setup Sierra owned anything made for T2, so feel free to modify the files to your liking - just leave credits for the original author(s) in place.
  • edited March 2010
    Where do you put the vehicle skins? And is there any way to have all your wep skins in your base folder so you can see other peoples and your own, even if yours is different to theirs?
    Exact same location

If you install a skin for the spinfusor, you and eveyone else you see on your system will have the same weapon skin. The modified skin over rides the stock weapon skin on your system. Armor skins work different. If you have their skin installed on your system, you will be able to see their armor skin even if you are sporting a different set.

I keep my /base directory easy to mange by creating sub-directories labled
    vl2_skins
    vl2_maps
    vl2_scripts
    This way, problem skins and scripts are easy to locate. All additional maps and map packs, other than the stock install .vl2, go into their own directory also as the amount of map/mission files can get over whelming to sort through.
  • Thank you all. Post finished. ...