old t2 player

i used to play t2 when it first came out, sadly i stopped cause of many reasons: it was too demanding graphically, too buggy, and the patches took away some of the best aspects of the game

i heard about this community and have been playing t2 off and on for the last couple of days, anyways my questions are:

1. can you still bounce off the water like in the old days (i cant seem to remember how i used to do it) unless that has been taken out.
2. i remember the cloaking made you invisible, but somewhere along the line they patched it so people could see your silhouette (i haven't played enough to know if you're truly invisible or if they see your silhouette.
3. am i remembering this incorrectly or did they not have a ski button for t2? it seems the jump button is the "ski" button now, i remember t2 you had to ski like in t1 (my memory is off on this one), and then came tribes vengeance where they just made a "ski" button.

Comments

• 1. Your body does not bounce off the water, but you can still bounce discs off the surface.

2. The cloak pack no longer makes you completely invisible except for in the v2 mod. In base and classic you can still see the outline if I am not mistaken.

3. I believe it was tribes 1 that didn't have a ski button, I think i remember it being a glitch that worked out well for tribes genre. Scripts were used to simplify skiing in tribes 1, in tribes 2 jump has always been the button to ski.

Hope this helps.
  • 2. The cloak pack no longer makes you completely invisible except for in the v2 mod. In base and classic you can still see the outline if I am not mistaken.
    Classic made you completely invisible as an anti-cheat measure, I think. Since v2 is based off of classic...
  • To answer your first question. In some mods you can bounce off the water but not Classic.

Secondly..I personally cannot see cloakers at all when I even notice there footsteps..So I don't know about the outline.

And yes to ski it IS the jump button in T2.
  • Classic Mod for Tribes2 is the same as Tribes1 BASE mod.

heh, go figure..