Uploaded vids

hey, i finally got these damn things working on youtube, the Tribes vid was my first, the Master of War was my second and i'm presently working on my third, which blows the first two waaaay outta the water.

lemme know what you think

Tribes vid

Master of War

Comments

• edited April 2010
    is that really tribes 2?

edit: watched it a 2nd time. what mod is that?
  • is that really tribes 2?

edit: watched it a 2nd time. what mod is that?
    The mod is called Meltdown 2, or MD2
  • yup, vid i took while playing on Solo's server, should check it out sometime. i'm one of the master administrators, look for me. maybe you'll end up in a vid lol

so what did you think of it? *forgot to say*
  • I like Master of War. The song's well written.

The video isn't bad - the problem is that it looks just like any other Tribes 2 video set to music, or any other game set to any random music. which I almost never watch because they're just like every other movie. Who cares about visuals about some game set to a random song that the author likes?

But a gaming video with good music AND in-game sound effects? Now we're talking.

The choreographing is good. I could tell that you put effort into deciding which scenes to use for specific sections of the song. The song fitting as well. It's obviously an action-packed song, and the pacing just right in that while it pushes the listener forward it still gives you space for relief - which I think a few scenes accentuated. Too bad it doesn't have sound.

For a song like this, the in-game sound effects should take the backseat for the most part. I get the feeling that you want to superimpose the song onto the spirit of Tribes 2 or vice versa. Being able to hear the sound effects and voice binds would make a big impact. During the guitar solo, you could cut down the volume of the music and bring out the sound effects, perhaps a scene loaded with voice binds and intense action or something, then switch back afterwards. Something like that would make this one of the better Tribes 2 videos out there.

Anyway, Master of War is goin' on my playlist-
  • thanks for the input... thats exactly what i'm looking for. umm, would LOVE to put the in-game sound effects and voice binds....buuuut don't know how. i'm using a trial version of frapps to record my recordings, and for some reason just can't get the in-game to transfer... can't figure out what i'm doin wrong. i'm putting together a few more vids, and would love the input to make them stand out from just any other vid.

lol thanks for noticing the timing... wasn't sure if anyone would to be honest, first person to make a comment about it.
  • i'm using a trial version of frapps to record my recordings, and for some reason just can't get the in-game to transfer... can't figure out what i'm doin wrong.
    http://taksi.sourceforge.net/
  • it looks promising, but for some reason can't get taski to take video.. it takes great screenshots but thats about it. pressing f6 to start and f8 is the default keys, but not working... any help? sorry, not familliar with the program
  • taksi doesn't do sound yet.

try http://camstudio.org/

it's free and does sound
  • Taksi is a somewhat buggy and the last version is from 4 years ago. Pretty sure you'll have to stick with Fraps if you want a low-level recorder program that hooks directly to your video output.
  • taksi doesn't do sound yet.
    I believe last time I used Taksi I did get sound from it, and I didn't find it buggy at all.
  • yeah i've been tryin, and i just can't make it work. won't record for me, i can hook the program and take awsome screenshots.... but i can printscreen anyways.

also, anyone know any good video editing programs? i was using the latest version of AVS with no luck, the program randomly freezes on me, ALL the time.

so far have not been sucessful in getting the in-game sound effects to transfer after i've recorded the .rec files. help?