Hello All And We Now Have Weapons That Work As They Should!!!!

Well I'm back. It has been a while since I have played this game and I'm glad to see people are playing Tribes 2 again. So I decided to put up my old Classic Mod version 1.5.2 server up again. I have made it's a 32 user server located in Dallas TX. Very Fast speeds and low pings. I have made 1 adjustment to the mod, All Users "HAVE ALL THE WEAPONS ALL THE TIME!" So come and check out. No Bots

Corholios TP PARTY

Running Classic 1.5.2 with Additional mods by me!!

Hope to see you guys there and glad to see a possible comeback to Tribes 2 ;D

Comments

• I feel having all the weapons will just create mortar, missile, and spinfusor spam...
    But hey, im just sayin..
  • I feel having all the weapons will just create mortar, missile, and spinfusor spam...
    But hey, im just sayin..

Na, I cuz you wont have unlimited ammo so it's no big deal. Anywayz.. Welcome Back Cornholio ;D
    But hey, im just sayin..

na thatll just make it like goons
  • edited August 2010
    Well I made some changes.

1. I turned off the ALL Weapons Mod cuz some people were complaining about so I turned it off.
    2. Made Changes to the amount of HIT Damage to some Weapons.

Example: As we all know the chaingun is as useless as tits on a bull ...well it will works like a mini gun should! ( Remember the movie Predator? Works Just like that muhahahaha )

Another Example: Missile Launcher: No longer will it take 10 hits to kill someone or take 10 missiles to take out a radar station. It works as it should!

( There are no 1 Shot 1 Kills on any of the weapons ( Except for the sniper lol )

This server is NOT setup for the FAINT OF HEART. But nOObs are welcomed muhahahahahaha

Most of the weapons work as they should now!

Some come and check it out.

Enjoy guys!!
  • Well, I hope you're able to ignore the rest of the community and just have a good time.
  • Well, I hope you're able to ignore the rest of the community and just have a good time.

Ya I'm gonna now that's for sure. I aint gonna make any more changes. I have approx 100+ CTF maps on the server IE: New maps, T1 Classic Maps and T2 Maps so there there is something for everybody and the weapons kick ass like they are supposed to!!

Cya bud ;)
  • I see what you did there...
  • Example: As we all know the chaingun is as useless as tits on a bull ...

ahahahaha
  • Chain Gun Really Kicks Ass!! ;)
  • actually, with a low spread and a very high rate of fire, like as unto the chainguns of the real world; 3000 rounds per minute would be neat, and you would have to aim carefully with that high rate of fire, youll be out of ammo quick
  • you should seriously consider changing the mod name away from classic considering it is not classic mod with all these changes
  • you should seriously consider changing the mod name away from classic considering it is not classic mod with all these changes

Na, that only changes was to the hit damage thats it so I see no reason to change the name rofl have a nice day :D
  • Change the name please.
  • New name - Classic V2. OH SHI-
  • New name - Classic V2. OH SHI-

That's fucking golden.
  • Call it CornHoleClassic .
  • shouldn't have spaces in mod names

call it UltraClassixVX2
  • -mod Classic_Now_With_Even_More_SPAM!

gg peecee gaymers!
  • Change the name please.

Sorry Bud But That Aint Gonna Happend! Get Over It! If you dont like it dont play on the server. Its just that simple!

End Of Discussion Period!
  • Call it CornHoleClassic .

Thanks Kool Name ROFL
  • I like the way you setup the weapons. You can now destroy base turrets with only 4 missiles instead of 10+ hits to a base turret. Thats a big plus cuz the weapons were IMHO little wimpy and glad you made the weapons a little more powerfull. That is a fix that should have been fixed a long time ago.

Good Job Dude ;)
  • You can blow up base turrets with only 4 missiles in real Tribes 2...
  • You can blow up base turrets with only 4 missiles in real Tribes 2...

I was just on a Classic Mod v1.5.2 and took 6 missiles to destroy a base turret
  • Then you did it wrong.
  • what ever floats your boat ;)
  • Sorry Tribes2Vet but you are wrong. I'm not sure why it took you 4 shots to destroy a base turret. It is setup to destroy base turrets and radar station in 1 shot of a missile like it would in the REAL World! I just checked and it still destroys base turrets with 1 shot of a missile!
  • I feel your enthusiasm,

But aren't you taking it a bit too far?
  • I feel your enthusiasm,

But aren't you taking it a bit too far?

last time I checked a missile is pretty deadly in the real world. So to answer your question... NOPE! ;D
  • If you were only making trivial changes like adding notifications for mid-air collisions, or stats collection, it would be OK to keep the name of the origin game play ruleset.

Since you're changing game play mechanics in a non-trivial manner, it's no longer classic. Continuing to call it that is misleading.
  • agreed

classic++?