Tribes Community

Hey folks, here's an idea, how about we start posting info and game play about Tribes 2 on sites like Facebook and Twitter? And start telling our friends, and friends of friends to pass the information along that Tribes 2 is free to play, has low system requirements, and most importantly is fun! We need a population boost, Tribes 2 is still a good enough game to hang with the big boys, lets get all them console huggers off their television and onto their computers and laptops! Promote programs like Team Speak, and hopefully somebody who is slick with programming will take notice and help script a way to get rid of h4x0rz(hackers) so that T2 will stay fun and fair for all.

I'm an original oldschool Tribes 2 player, I started off with Starsiege the mech game, then Starsiege Tribes, then Tribes 2! This is what I grew up with, I was happy with that. Also played Tribes Vengeance and heard of Tribes Ascend. That's great and all, but we're here for Tribes 2! The one that defined computer first person shooters with xyz mobility!

What do you say people? Is it worth a few minutes each day on your Facebook or Twitter to promote some old fashioned Tribes 2 whoop-ass? As a community working together we can bring this old relic back from the past and let it shine like the treasure that it truly is here all these years later! Lets do it!

Comments

• I recommend you join the #lastgasp community on irc if you're really interested in this topic. Have you played in the recent tournaments? They've been alot of fun.
  • I haven't done any tournaments at all, I don't see myself as skilled enough and there are too many hacks butchering T2. I'll join the channel and see what's up though, spread the word.