Any Human Players?

I've joined several of the servers and they are all filled with bots. Are there any private servers with just humans? Thanks for bringing back Tribes 2 with TribesNext! You guys rock!

Comments

• You might want to look into Goons Haven.

They seem to be the popular server at the moment.
  • Yeah, Goons is the way to go. There are usually more people playing from like 7-11 EST than there were last night, just in case you were thinking the player count seemed a bit low. The playerbase for this game is pretty tiny, but we're not quite THAT dead. At least, not yet.
  • That being said, gh has bots of various kinds running around, mostly from humans who are more robotic than human.
  • Yeah, that's the only server I've been hitting up. Have you guys tried the new Tribes Ascend? I hate the locked classes but overall, not bad so far. The physics are somewhat close to T2 and T1. They just need to allow customization further and it might make it. We'll just have to see.
  • edited January 2012
    TA crashes my computer, but from what I've seen I think I'd rather play T2 anyways. The locked classes and limited amount of held weapons seem like they would detract significantly from gameplay. Also, the jetting looks screwy (possibility of aerial direction changes without expending energy, which would make the dodging vs. energy consumption game during duels less interesting) and the combination of spawning in kit/weak base defenses (lack of shields, etc.) seem like they would render the base game nearly pointless, removing a huge chunk of the game's potential complexity and turning it into a relatively uninteresting, Legions-esque "everybody either runs around with the flag or just tries to kill people" experience. But, it's still in beta, so I guess we'll see.
  • Yeah, that's the only server I've been hitting up. Have you guys tried the new Tribes Ascend? I hate the locked classes but overall, not bad so far. The physics are somewhat close to T2 and T1. They just need to allow customization further and it might make it. We'll just have to see.

Agreed, on the locked classes issue and I was kind of angry at first, but I have started getting into it. Its not bad and runs dang near flawless on my rig with my aging 5770. My tag is s0b3 on TA if you want to hit me up.