aiprofiles.cs

Having been banned on SCP for God knows what, I will be LANing a lot more.

That said, I was hoping some of you coders could help me out on this... this has me a bit stumped. I know you're busy with the tags, clans, and Tmail, but...

In this file, it lists the bots. I have added around 15 bots, and it worked perfectly. So I added 150 more, so I see a more diverse range of bot names, and not all the boring stuff. I double, triple, and quadruple checked my data entry work. It all is fine. However, the longer the list got, the less and less of a chance of the bots farther down the list had of being picked.

My question/challenge; is there a way to have the entire list actually randomized to where it would randomly pick bots even if there were a few thousand?

If so, I'm willing to pay up to $15 to whoever can create a working script like that, as I cannot find any existing one.

Thanks in advance, regards,

rJay

Comments

• I think I remember Thyth mentioning a bug in TGE's getRandom() a while back that caused larger numbers to not be generated as much as the smaller values, thus the smaller array values would have a higher frequency.

Try swapping out the getRandom calls with Ruby's Rand function by using rubyEval() which was included with the TN codebase.
  • why were you banned, I would be more than interested in us all gathering on another server...long as it has tanks...that is!
  • why were you banned, I would be more than interested in us all gathering on another server...long as it has tanks...that is!
    Earth, I wasn't banned for anything against the rules. I was banned for political and personal reasons. The official story was that I was banned for stealing Moniker's TribesNext account. I can assure you that is completely false. And oh, if I had the money, I would host a new plain classic server in a heartbeat. I should hope someone does. SCP is simply unacceptable.

rJay
  • I think I remember Thyth mentioning a bug in TGE's getRandom() a while back that caused larger numbers to not be generated as much as the smaller values, thus the smaller array values would have a higher frequency.

Try swapping out the getRandom calls with Ruby's Rand function by using rubyEval() which was included with the TN codebase.
    Phantom, thanks. Should I simply swap it out in all the instances in just that file to see if that does the trick?
  • Quit foolin around with 3000000 bot names and start fooling around with tasks and weights.
  • Quit foolin around with 3000000 bot names and start fooling around with tasks and weights.
    Eh. I'm not as interested. I've added advanced deploy options for some maps...
    Earth, I wasn't banned for anything against the rules. I was banned for political and personal reasons. The official story was that I was banned for stealing Moniker's TribesNext account. I can assure you that is completely false. And oh, if I had the money, I would host a new plain classic server in a heartbeat. I should hope someone does. SCP is simply unacceptable.

rJay

who in their right or wrong mind, would want to steal Monikers account and see him on server playing now, so who has their panties in a wad over something like that, as maybe they need to learn to secure their account better, as sounds like someone has their head up their ass, and if someone did steal the account, sure Thyth can correct it, if it needs to be... and if a player was playing on Monikers account, server shows IP of players, so matching them to yours with a screen shot, would be proof, otherwise fuck em all, and I got $10 a month for a dedicated server, if someone else wants to kick some coins in, as tired of the no tank crybabies and banning rjay for politics without cause
  • Thank you for that. Actually, what I did was perfectly legal. Moniker had appended a tag to his name 't2f'. So his name appeared as "t2f Moniker". I simply created a TribesNext account called that exactly. Everyone had a good laugh, except Moniker, who I guess was butt-hurt. I wouldn't have ever logged in with that account again; it was a one-time joke. So I'm banned.

rJay
  • Thank you for that. Actually, what I did was perfectly legal. Moniker had appended a tag to his name 't2f'. So his name appeared as "t2f Moniker". I simply created a TribesNext account called that exactly. Everyone had a good laugh, except Moniker, who I guess was butt-hurt. I wouldn't have ever logged in with that account again; it was a one-time joke. So I'm banned.

rJay

hahah, man I am going to create a moniker smurfer accuunt, if they do not take the ban off, as that is about as stupid as it gets and if they cannot take a joke, you know what they say...
  • I think he is banned as much for running a campaign to have the TWL Tribes 2 forums shut down as he is for smurfing.
  • I think he is banned as much for running a campaign to have the TWL Tribes 2 forums shut down as he is for smurfing.
    For one, I have been kicked/banned by more mistcane smurfs than I can remember. So it's not the smurfing. For another, I never ever ran a campaign to have those forums shut down. Not quite sure where you got your information there. Also, even if I DID run a campaign for that (I didn't... like...??), that's nothing to do with me being able to play on a game server.

It all boils down to my player name simply being rJay, and me simply existing, and a deep rooted hate for me that even I do not understand. Sure, they'll come up with BS reasons to sell to the rest of the Tribes community, but they are either blown up 500% or are completely made up.

But no, I never ran a campaign to have those shut down. The TWL Administration would have shut them down anyway, they were just looking for an excuse. Same with me here; I would have been banned one day, they were just looking for an excuse. An out. A story to give people. That's all.
  • For another, I never ever ran a campaign to have those forums shut down.
    But no, I never ran a campaign to have those shut down.
    The TWL Administration would have shut them down anyway, they were just looking for an excuse.
    Anyway? You mean even if you hadn't asked them too?
    Not quite sure where you got your information there.
    I posted there under a different name.
    Also, even if I DID run a campaign for that (I didn't... like...??), that's nothing to do with me being able to play on a game server.
    Actually, it caused the community to lose touch with people that drop-in and play every now and then (casuals). It also made it harder to organize. So yeah, it hurt everyone's ability to play and has everything to do with whether or not you are still considered welcome.
  • edited May 2014
    I've stated before, I will state again; I never asked them to.

Simply put, this isn't about whether I'm banned or not. It's that I want people to know I didn't do any of that. I didn't cause a community exodus, and I certainly didn't get any website taken down. In fact, I had one put up in my honor by one of you good fellows of the community. Such mature. Very money.

www.fuckrjay.com

EDIT: This is very much off-topic. I was talking to earth. Your arguments and hatred aren't appreciated here. You have your new website t2forums.com for that. Hate there. I think I'm speaking for everyone here at TN when I say; do not bring it to TribesNext.com, please. TY.
  • edited May 2014
    I've stated before, I will state again; I never asked them to.

Simply put, this isn't about whether I'm banned or not. It's that I want people to know I didn't do any of that. I didn't cause a community exodus, and I certainly didn't get any website taken down. In fact, I had one put up in my honor by one of you good fellows of the community. Such mature. Very money.

www.fuckrjay.com

EDIT: This is very much off-topic. I was talking to earth. Your arguments and hatred aren't appreciated here. You have your new website t2forums.com for that. Hate there. I think I'm speaking for everyone here at TN when I say; do not bring it to TribesNext.com, please. TY.
    I noticed you weren't really being forthcoming with the community here so I thought I'd chime in (with a single sentence). Also, I think I speak for everyone here when I say that you are not welcome to speak on behalf of everyone.

Now watch my magic show.
    http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:k5QMLtBs0jwJ:www.teamwarfare.com/forums/showthread.asp?forumid=4&threadid=492582+&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
    http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:t2XP7HE-hQkJ:www.teamwarfare.com/forums/showthread.asp?forumid=4&perpage=20&threadid=492579&page=2+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

and...for the grand finale...

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:BNSu4gMWUxsJ:www.teamwarfare.com/forums/showthread.asp?forumid=4&threadid=492606+&cd=10&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
    No need to have it deleted, I already backed it up for everyone. =)
    05-06-2014 11:00 AM / profile
    I'm gonna go ahead and go out on a limb here. Mac... I've always wanted a forum where rules were implemented. But I see that the rules of TeamWarfare League and the remaining T2 TWL community (NOT the T2 community as a whole) will not co-exist. I think it's time to retire this 13 year old forum. It was fun guys. Season 7 was really fun. For the record that's why I am registered here. But yes, I think it's time to retire the forums.

Respectfully,

rJay
  • rofl rjay how are you gonna try to speak on behalf of the community when you're like the furthest person from reality anyone has ever met

bruh get ya head checked

8)

So now, rJay is the scapegoat patsy to blame the TWL forums shutting down...let me guess rJay you are the reason the shut down the master server too, lol.

Fuck TWL forums and if smurfing is more than anyone can handle, find another game to play, as sounds like someones panties are in a wad, as I see crap on SCP that makes me want to choke some of the fools, though still able to play and not cry over it and just ignore it, as trash talking is part of the game and SCP is not TWL
  • rofl rjay how are you gonna try to speak on behalf of the community when you're like the furthest person from reality anyone has ever met

bruh get ya head checked

8)

What does distance have to do with anything in a game of remote virtual play? Reality check may be solipsism, if philosophy is going to be the reason?
    For one, I have been kicked/banned by more mistcane smurfs than I can remember. So it's not the smurfing. For another, I never ever ran a campaign to have those forums shut down. Not quite sure where you got your information there. Also, even if I DID run a campaign for that (I didn't... like...??), that's nothing to do with me being able to play on a game server.

It all boils down to my player name simply being rJay, and me simply existing, and a deep rooted hate for me that even I do not understand. Sure, they'll come up with BS reasons to sell to the rest of the Tribes community, but they are either blown up 500% or are completely made up.

But no, I never ran a campaign to have those shut down. The TWL Administration would have shut them down anyway, they were just looking for an excuse. Same with me here; I would have been banned one day, they were just looking for an excuse. An out. A story to give people. That's all.

Like UE's is the reason tanks are not on the server, sounds like some crap snacking bs
  • I've stated before, I will state again; I never asked them to.

www.fuckrjay.com

I noticed you weren't really being forthcoming with the community here so I thought I'd chime in (with a single sentence). Also, I think I speak for everyone here when I say that you are not welcome to speak on behalf of everyone.

Now watch my magic show.
    http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:k5QMLtBs0jwJ:www.teamwarfare.com/forums/showthread.asp?forumid=4&threadid=492582+&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
    http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:t2XP7HE-hQkJ:www.teamwarfare.com/forums/showthread.asp?forumid=4&perpage=20&threadid=492579&page=2+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

and...for the grand finale...

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:BNSu4gMWUxsJ:www.teamwarfare.com/forums/showthread.asp?forumid=4&threadid=492606+&cd=10&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
    No need to have it deleted, I already backed it up for everyone. =)
    05-06-2014 11:00 AM / profile
    I'm gonna go ahead and go out on a limb here. Mac... I've always wanted a forum where rules were implemented. But I see that the rules of TeamWarfare League and the remaining T2 TWL community (NOT the T2 community as a whole) will not co-exist. I think it's time to retire this 13 year old forum. It was fun guys. Season 7 was really fun. For the record that's why I am registered here. But yes, I think it's time to retire the forums.

Respectfully,

rJay

he is part of the community and he can speak for himself and it represents the community, in part, due to him being part of it, as see lot of folks think they speak for everyone else and maybe self included, either way to say he is not part of the community and has no say, is a stretch, the other direction.

I did not review the links Teratos, I will take a peak and see if anything there is suggestive to draw any conclusions
  • So rJay was right and TWL agreed, about a few things, it seems, as that could be a blessing, as who needs TWL anyways?

[glow=red,2,300]05-06-2014 11:00 AM / profile

Respectfully,

rJay [/glow]
  • Looks like we can note, for sure it was not rjay, alone and it takes two to tango and the rjay trolls comments, seem to help in part, with bickering and complaining about him, though this is precursor to twl forums closing,l as not like bad new bears are out cast from t2, as that be so sad, as look at who is trying to represent the community and if someone does, the backlash from trolls is like pot calling the kettle ...

Originally posted by: Vaxemous

Originally posted by: MacArthur
    The difference is that NONE of us are new. I have been around for almost 10 years now. I am a former senior staff member (Competition Director) that retired and was asked to come back with the new change in ownership.

Tok3r has been around and an admin for several years also, and DrVonSock was also a former Competition Director (CD) that has retrned and bought the site. While the Tribes community may not be very familiar with us, we are not new but any stretch. And before this all gets going it is NOT a test as to who has been here the longest.

my dick is bigger than yours

It is stupidity like this that will get these forums shut down. Keep it up and this is what is going to happen.
  • rooster agreed, now is he banned too?
    Rooster128
    TeamWarfare Vet
    05-06-2014 07:36 AM / profile
    As much as I'd like to think there's some hope, they'd be better off shutting this down...

mist, hexy, vax are all right. This community has been this vulgar for years- its not going to change.

TWL admins will break themselves against trying to stop it. And players will break themselves against rules to keep the tradition going. There's a huge conflict of interest here.

This game is old and dying...

There is no incentive for the people at the top to keep the Tribes forums going. There's no monetary incentive for the new owner to cater to a game that is no longer relevant. Time to abandon ship.
  • Would blame TK, not rJay
    Tiberius Khan
    TeamWarfare Vet
    05-06-2014 09:33 AM / profile

Originally posted by: Vaxemous

The difference is that NONE of us are new. I have been around for almost 10 years now. I am a former senior staff member (Competition Director) that retired and was asked to come back with the new change in ownership.

Tok3r has been around and an admin for several years also, and DrVonSock was also a former Competition Director (CD) that has retrned and bought the site. While the Tribes community may not be very familiar with us, we are not new but any stretch. And before this all gets going it is NOT a test as to who has been here the longest.

my dick is bigger than yours

It is stupidity like this that will get these forums shut down. Keep it up and this is what is going to happen.

The stupidity is in you trying to threaten us again because someone used the word dick. The real world is full of dicks, grow up and stop overreacting.
  • rjay wasn't right, he blatantly lied in this thread.

For myself and the other 99% of the people that weren't causing any trouble it isn't fair that rjay cost us our forum. Especially when you look at the collective knowledge that was recorded in threads that are no longer available. He lost many years of knowledge for the community as a whole.

Sure other people said silly things on occasion, but until rjay brought in the admin wrath there had been a long-standing gentlemen's agreement that TWL admins left the tribes forum alone as long as the tribes players left the rest of TWL alone.

I don't understand why you are defending the biggest troll in T2 community. For people like myself that are contributing (T2 Community Browser, AdvancedStats) and all the others (e.g. Thyth, Brandon, Heat, guys here, guys in #lastgasp + others I am forgetting) guys that only destroy are a blight on the community.
    Rooster is a fellow contributor and not banned. He was sick of the trolls too (like a lot of us).

I honestly don't understand why you are being, in my opinion, somewhat mean to me.
  • thaen voice of reason?
    Thaen
    TeamWarfare Vet
    05-06-2014 11:35 AM / profile
    if anything ban rjay for making non tribes threads daily

or just delete the post and/or moderate them, as not sure why they kept one forum, tribes and merged them all or whatever, either way, who needs TWL.
  • rjay wasn't right, he blatantly lied in this thread.

For myself and the other 99% of the people that weren't causing any trouble it isn't fair that rjay cost us our forum. Especially when you look at the collective knowledge that was recorded in threads that are no longer available. He lost many years of knowledge for the community as a whole.

Sure other people said silly things on occasion, but until rjay brought in the admin wrath there had been a long-standing gentlemen's agreement that TWL admins left the tribes forum alone as long as the tribes players left the rest of TWL alone.

I don't understand why you are defending the biggest troll in T2 community. For people like myself that are contributing (T2 Community Browser, AdvancedStats) and all the others (e.g. Thyth, Brandon, Heat, guys here, guys in #lastgasp + others I am forgetting) guys that only destroy are a blight on the community.

I am not saying rjay did not have a hand in it, just saying he was not maybe the main reason, as there is more to the story and the agreement between t2 community and TWL, did not seem to be the the sole piece of straw, is all I am saying, and if it was fuck TWL.
  • T2 threatened to shut down the IRC. forums, and game, I recall as well, because off potty mouths and it being an all ages game... and what did rjay lie about, as think blaming him for TWL closing down the T2 forums, is a lie.
  • I've stated before, I will state again; I never asked them to.
    I showed where he asked. Not sure how much clearer it can be.

For someone that wasn't around for the actual events, you seem pretty eager to call me a liar, but defend rjay. I think you're just another troll here to insult people and destroy rather than contribute and be a pleasant part of the community.
    Rooster is a fellow contributor and not banned. He was sick of the trolls too (like a lot of us).

I honestly don't understand why you are being, in my opinion, somewhat mean to me.
    nothing personal towards you are anyone, my point is rjay is not the sole reason twl forums were closed, and if he was, why ban him from SCP, as trolls are part of the game, as well as trash talking, to some, and taunting and if we banned everyone who said something did not want to hear, we would be left with a bland community and think there is more to this game, than letting a few trolls ruin it for it, as how, it beyond me, as muting players in game works or if not a script will do the trick, as I would not play on SCP if there was another server that did not have to hear all the shit down the throat and comments that deserve an ass whipping, though it is just a game and I get over it and still able to go into the game and enjoy myself, and words are far cry to cry over
This discussion has been closed.