Listening to music in-game?

edited January 2009 in General Discussion
Curious... do you listen to music while playing T2, or is it distracting? If so, do you listen to the in-game tracks, or your own stuff? Is there any particular kind of music you listen to while playing?

Just about any old high-tempo rock, metal or D&B song works for me. Usually upbeat or very angry stuff, though.

Comments

• I used to listen to my old stuff, but, all the Tribes 2 music players were crappy, and, running WinAMP in the background doesn't cut it, so, I just turned music off altogether.

Being a sniper, I have to keep the music off now to hear any cloakers.
  • Heh, that's why I love the global hotkeys on my laptop. :D
  • I put Winamp in the background with global hotkeys. Playlist is usually a random grabbag of all the stuff I have, but usually rock and trance, some ambient stuff (not too much or I'll fall asleep at the defense)
  • Lol, base raped while you snooze.
  • One good reason I call for a Minotaur map vote at the start of every new game: the music! C'mon, guys! It's been 8 years since we played this game - you gotta listen to that game music which is what gets you in the right kick-ass mood in the first place anyway.
  • Im usually playing music with good old WInamp v2.95, just like I did in T1. (well I dont know if winamp was up to v2.95 then but anything past 2.95 doesnt cut it for me.)
  • Sometimes ingame music, most often my own. All that remains and Bullet for my valentine fits perfectly.
  • I either have Ventrilo on or iTunes on any time I am playing T2.
  • I use Absynthe's MP3 player for Tribes 2, it works pretty good but you have to convert your MP3's to a tribes 2 playlist.
  • Brutal tech death is my flavor, too many bands to list. Usually only if I'm playing arena though, NEVER on a match or PU though. I wear headphones which gives me somewhat of an advantage in terms of hearing people coming, especially cloakers, and huge disadvantage if I got music cranked. I catch myself head banging and then realize our flag is being capped. vgs
  • I also tried the ingame mp3 players but they pretty much sucked if there was a good one I might use it.So then I just turned all the music off which helps alot when sneaky cloakers try to sneak up and shocklance you in the ass ;D