Tribes 2 can be brought back by...

Reviving Tribes 2 competition!

Comments

• I think it can be brought back by doing the tribes dance, wherein one independantly flexes each butcheek to the beat of the music while disc mining.
  • Reviving Tribes 2 competition!

I have agreed with you from the beginning, but... there are others on this site who feel that competition cannot be done right now and should come later. I have always considered the following: Those who say something can't be done are usually interupted by those already doing it.
  • I plan to at least have a small scale internal Shifter ladder... If I get more interested after a few sundays we might make a league again.
  • Maybe Kryand could use his "degree in marketing" to help?
  • I don't remember anything about marketing, but nice troll!
  • Maybe Kryand could use his "degree in marketing" to help?

Nice one! But seriously, we need to organize a page/thread specifically for competition. We have an events calendar, dred seems to be the only one using though(thank you dredboss), but we need more, we need a place where competition is specifically discussed and organized(in a civil manner). This is about progress, let's get the ball rolling and stop finding reasons to delay competition. Let's get some server admin in on this and see what kind resources we're working with.
  • we need a place where competition is specifically discussed and organized(in a civil manner).

As mentioned before; TWL

The system is still there and admins who already know their shit.
  • You think TWL would be willing to support this game without an anti-cheat? Or willing to open up more than just arena and CTF ladders?
  • we need a place where competition is specifically discussed and organized(in a civil manner).

As mentioned before; TWL

The system is still there and admins who already know their shit.

Well, I'm going to have to admit that I was hoping for something a little closer to home. Tribesnext would be perfect place to host a multi-server competition. Although support for this not yet implemented, I have a feeling it will be in the near future. As far as the admins go, I have faith that with coordination the admin that interact on tribesnext are capable of pulling it off.
  • I don't see a problem in that at all, but it would be a good idea to have an anti-cheat. If I can recall, didn't Thyth create an anti-cheat?
  • I plan to at least have a small scale internal Shifter ladder... If I get more interested after a few sundays we might make a league again.

We're already consolidating the shifter vets. We should have enough for scrims.
  • Dont forget to have a look at the Shifter Player Guide to give you an idea just how much stuff there is to enjoy in this game (as compared to Classic/Base/etc)

Guide: http://shiftermod.com/guide/index.html
  • Dont forget to have a look at the Shifter Player Guide to give you an idea just how much stuff there is to enjoy in this game (as compared to Classic/Base/etc)

There most certainly is A LOT more to consider in Shifter mod. I dig the portable force fields.

There most certainly is A LOT more to consider in Shifter mod. I dig the portable force fields.
    I remember those from EliteRen in T1. Made base defense a lot easier (aside from the turret-in-forcefield griefs)

I remember those from EliteRen in T1. Made base defense a lot easier (aside from the turret-in-forcefield griefs)

shhhh, we don't kryand to hear us talking about base defense being easy he might go on another classic is better than base rant ;)
  • Well like I said, the whole bit of putting the motion sensor and turret inside the forcefield was a little cheap. I could never figure out how to do that, but someone always managed to get them set up.

Couple suicidal detpacks always did the trick. Wish you could blow up satchels that way...
  • Base engineering expansions in SHIFTER appeal to me because I like to customize my base as I see fit - naturally there are min. distance restrictions to deploying things too close to your flag or enemy flags..

Nearly every armor class has some special ability to allow them to deal with most challenges (i.e. Engineers can hack equip, Chems and Assassins can spoof sensors)..

I also like that you can use the Condor carrier to pick up and carry MPB's around the map and drop them off.
  • I think I'll have to jump into a Shifter server or download the mod and mess with bots. Certainly sounds a lot more fun than Shifter was in T1.
  • If you know anything about bot support it would be cool. We never got to a point where the bots used the shifter items. However, once we have a few ppl in game we kick all the bots anyways..

If they could become more versatile that would be nice..
  • I was in one of the Shifter servers yesterday, and on every map, all the players/bots spawned about a half mile above the center of the map. Annoying.