T2 modded...

I contacted someone about modded T2 from a totally new engine. I got this idea from the Mechwarrior guys who are creating an all new Mechwarrior game from the Crysis engine. I was told and then rememberred that Vinedi wants $100K for the rights to Tribes. If thats the case taht would mean its as any creative works would be. **NEW AND IMPROVED SENTENCE (for Senior fucking poster himself)** [glow=red,2,300]***If thats the case then that would mean as its only any creative works that would be involved.****[/glow]As long as you dont get profit from it. In any case.....I was wondering if there were any modders out there interested in this project.

Thanks

That should do it for remembering the this famous line.....

Comments

• If thats the case taht would mean its as any creative works would be. As long as you dont get profit from it
    Are you drunk? if not, you better be speaking English as a second language.
    In any case.....I was wondering if there were any modders out there interested in this project.
    Oh, insane, even better.
  • If thats the case taht would mean its as any creative works would be. As long as you dont get profit from it
    In any case.....I was wondering if there were any modders out there interested in this project.
    Oh, insane, even better.

Be nice teratos. This guy just has an idea, no need to flame him for it.
    Oh, insane, even better.

Do not EVER fuck up on typing....anytime......its your pomous ass on the line pedestal man.
  • In any case, can anyone asnwer a good idea, bypassing the other shit.
  • There have been several attempts to port Tribes / Tribes 2 to a new engine. Of course Torque, which is the revised T2 engine, has been the most popular choice overall, with perhaps a dozen projects launched trying to re-create T2 on the new engine over the years...

The idea is a great one, but the reality is that the Torque engine is a clean slate... things like jetpacks aren't there and need to be implemented, all the classes, deployables, coding, scripting, bug testing, etc. etc. etc. makes it an overwhelming project even for 20 part-time team members to accomplish in a reasonable time (ie. 24 months or so).

Dynamix had over 100 full-time employees. Not everyone was working on Tribes 2, but most of them were. It took them years to put the game together. Tribes: Vengeance (ugh I promised to never utter those words together again) took a pro gaming team a couple of years with a proven off-the-shelf gaming engine, and that game was totally nerfed-up by stupid ass Marweas and his gang of skiiers (with him at the helm of this mangy group of TribalWarriors they completely destroyed the franchise but that's another story).

Is it impossible ? No, but it's extremely unlikely. If you really want to see Tribes on a new engine, there's Legends -- google it, you might even be able to find a server or two online with people on it. It's basic Tribes 1 style gameplay though. You'll soon be back to Tribes Next ;)

As for why Sierra / Vivendi / whoever-they-are-owned-by-today isn't milking the Tibes franchise like EA milks Battlefield, it's simply a case of misunderstanding PC gamers and having been stung by Marweas and crew with T:V.

Tribes should be neck-and-neck with Battlefield, with new games coming out every couple of years. Battlefield has proven that online-only gaming on the PC sells just fine when done right.
  • Be nice teratos. This guy just has an idea, no need to flame him for it.
    It wasn't like he just messed up. He'd posted two threads back to back, with the other one being a rip-off of a successful thread (which he acknowledged) and this one being one that he didn't take the time to properly type out (or re-read/edit).

I consider that rude to all the other posters. A mild scolding is better than the ban he might get other places.

However, instead of attempting to give a little more thought to his posts and fellow posters, he just inserts the word "fuck" everywhere and continues to type in half-gibberish.

• As for why Sierra / Vivendi / whoever-they-are-owned-by-today isn't milking the Tibes franchise like EA milks Battlefield, it's simply a case of misunderstanding PC gamers and having been stung by Marweas and crew with T:V.

Tribes should be neck-and-neck with Battlefield, with new games coming out every couple of years. Battlefield has proven that online-only gaming on the PC sells just fine when done right.

I don't want to start a flamefest; but I'll never understand why Sierra/Vivendi didn't peek into the master server lists, find the popular servers, contact the forums of those popular servers to get real feed back from the community.

Sierra/Vivendi got what they deserved because they really didn't care about the Tribes franchise. You can disagree with me and I could be wrong but my opinion is that they didn't understand this game, didn't want it to be in competition with their other series and just wanted it to die!

I wouldn't be surprised if this game never becomes abandonwear; they won't let go of it, are fascinated by it, but want to keep it off the shelf archived in a forgotten warehouse but still owned by them.
  • T2 will survive:

Have you noticed that most stores still have copies of T2 on their shelves/boxes?
  • As for why Sierra / Vivendi / whoever-they-are-owned-by-today isn't milking the Tibes franchise like EA milks Battlefield, it's simply a case of misunderstanding PC gamers and having been stung by Marweas and crew with T:V.

Tribes IS neck and neck with battlefield. that's the problem.

Tribes: Battlefield 1942
    Tribes2: Battlefield 2
    TribesV: Battlefield 2142+Battlefield 1943
  • The only difference being BF1942 was the only half decent one after a billion patches. The rest suck.

At least T2 is worth a shit, more than BF2 ever was.
  • The only difference being BF1942 was the only half decent one after a billion patches. The rest suck.

At least T2 is worth a shit, more than BF2 ever was.

Agreed!
    It wasn't like he just messed up. He'd posted two threads back to back, with the other one being a rip-off of a successful thread (which he acknowledged) and this one being one that he didn't take the time to properly type out (or re-read/edit).

I consider that rude to all the other posters. A mild scolding is better than the ban he might get other places.

However, instead of attempting to give a little more thought to his posts and fellow posters, he just inserts the word "fuck" everywhere and continues to type in half-gibberish.

Your'e a South African.

There. Its in perfect english, its a lie and it perfect reflection of the crap coming from your mouth.
  • If you're interested in a Tribes-like game on a newer game engine, you could check this out. It's a team of modders attempting to build a Tribes-inspired game on CryEngine 2. They seem to be making decent progress, and it will probably be pretty cool if they ever finish it. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Your'e a South African.

There. Its in perfect english, its a lie and it perfect reflection of the crap coming from your mouth.
    You're rude and disrespectful to everyone. Of all the people on these forums, you are the only person truly (no joke) deserving of a ban.

PS: That isn't anything close to perfect English, but it is at least readable. That's really all I was asking for in the first place.

Dude!!!1.......explain how,"You're South African", is not perfect english. Also....I still think youre gabbering gibberish shit.

Your'e a South African.

You're rude and disrespectful to everyone. Of all the people on these forums, you are the only person truly (no joke) deserving of a ban.

PS: That isn't anything close to perfect English, but it is at least readable. That's really all I was asking for in the first place.
  • If you're interested in a Tribes-like game on a newer game engine, you could check this out. It's a team of modders attempting to build a Tribes-inspired game on CryEngine 2. They seem to be making decent progress, and it will probably be pretty cool if they ever finish it. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

looks promising.
    although I must say, that is, without a doubt, the UGLIEST heavy Ive ever laid eyes on ! ;D