This is virus free, right?

Hey, I'm kinda new here but not really to the tribes universe, I play a game that's almost exactly like it called Fallen Empire: Legions on InstantAction, and i'm really cautious about downloading free games, so is this virus free? Just a quick question before I download this off FileFront. xD

Comments

• I've had it for 7 years and it's virus free. Never had a problem with it. So you have the green light. I suggest you download it off here. Click on the "Downloads" tab.
  • Im using it myself, virus free.
  • Yes, it's "Virus Free!" rather than "Virus, Free!"

;)

mystic_1
  • The massive half-gigabyte game installer is an identical copy of the version released by Sierra in 2004. There are no viruses in the patch installer either.

Anyone with a disassembler, x86 assembler experience, and an afternoon could reverse engineer the DLLs I've added and verify there is nothing remotely malicious in them.
  • Virus free AND better than Legions.
  • Legions? I played that once. It still burns when I pee.

Never had that problem with T2, so yeah, virus free.
  • Alright, im downloading, but if I scan it and find stuff im sueing. XD
  • Alright, im downloading, but if I scan it and find stuff im sueing. XD
    Some virus scanners will mistake our patch for viruses due to "Hacking / Patching". You can safely ignore it, though.
  • The massive half-gigabyte game installer is an identical copy of the version released by Sierra in 2004. There are no viruses in the patch installer either.

Anyone with a disassembler, x86 assembler experience, and an afternoon could reverse engineer the DLLs I've added and verify there is nothing remotely malicious in them.

Wow it feels so wrong to think of a half-gigabyte file as "small" now... must be from downloading 4gb mods for Source.
  • I still sometimes look at 60mb files and wonder whether they're worth downloading before i remember it'll take 30 seconds.
  • I remember seeing 1GB+ sys reqs for games and thinking that was sooo high. Course my HDD was only 4GB back then.