Good places to advertise the new tribes2?

Guys, lets brainstorm ways we can expand the community.

What are sites, forums, chatrooms, whatever, that we can advertise T2 on so we can get more people to join? Selling points are that it is free, it is fun and that it will work on practically any computer since it is a few years old.

Any ideas?

Comments

• [glow=red,2,300]YouTube.[/glow]
  • Myspace and Facebook.
  • I don't suppose the bigger gaming websites like GameSpy or GameSpot would have any interest in writing short editorials about it?
  • hustler and penthouse?
  • hustler and penthouse?

ROFLMAO... why not!!! :D
  • Seriously, a YouTube video has the same potential for viewership as a broadcast TV advertisment. I strongly recommend a large trailer. In the meantime, a lot of people still view Tribes related videos. Check those out and post links back here in the comments.

I also recommend the major gamer comic forums and possibly even sending a letter to the Penny Arcade duo. I remember very specifically one game called Puzzle Pirates (don't laugh) that had its user base explode after recieving a mention in PA's articles.
  • edited March 2009
    hustler and penthouse?

ROFLMAO... why not!!! :D
    Good idea, lol

Anyway, alot of people know about TribesNext. They just don't know what Tribes 2 is. When TN got all the attention from mainstream gaming sites, a bunch of people probably came here, hearing that some old game got revived. But no screenshots, no videos. So they leave as quickly as they came.

Attaching a good gameplay video on the TN main page will attract alot more players.
  • here is a few videos that I think were done real well maybe these could do?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIuDH5dTGpQ&NR=1 it is just flat out good and funny.

and a gameplay vid also. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BjW1kN9P9k&feature=related
  • Seriously, a YouTube video has the same potential for viewership as a broadcast TV advertisment. I strongly recommend a large trailer. In the meantime, a lot of people still view Tribes related videos. Check those out and post links back here in the comments.

I also recommend the major gamer comic forums and possibly even sending a letter to the Penny Arcade duo. I remember very specifically one game called Puzzle Pirates (don't laugh) that had its user base explode after recieving a mention in PA's articles.
    We've already been mentioned in a few Penny Arcade articles.
  • edited March 2009
    here is a few videos that I think were done real well maybe these could do?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIuDH5dTGpQ&NR=1 it is just flat out good and funny.

and a gameplay vid also. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BjW1kN9P9k&feature=related
    Well, Krash doesn't seem to care about the website anymore. And we won't get many new players until he does something to the main page.
    We've already been mentioned in a few Penny Arcade articles.
    Just getting mentioned doesn't do much. The conversion ratio of people who come to the site and actually register an account is hopelessly low, for obvious reasons, and will remain that way until changes are made.
  • Wait, what? I thought several thousand accounts had been created already. Where the hell are these players? If we can't keep early adopters in the servers, we likely won't be able to keep mainstream Johnny-come-latelys either. Something in the community is broken that is driving people away at worst, and failing to keep their interest at best. What the hell is it, and how can it be fixed?
  • 1. No viable casual play server.

Someone needs to make a BASE server called ROOKIES AND NEWBLOODS and keep it bot-free. I say base because its much slower than Classic and thus much easier to learn. Presently new players go to Goons, get slaughtered, and quit. I'm quite sure this is the problem.

2. No New Players Forum

We need a forum so new players and returning veterans can say hello and ask their inane and silly questions without our General Discussion chatter and feuding.

3. No Recruiting and Retaining Team

We need players specifically focusing on getting and keeping new players interested in the game. I suggest the creation of a tribe for new players with the reactivation of the old browser functions so returning players know who else is new and who to ask for help.

Correct these three problems and we should have improvements in our recruiting and retention rates. PLEASE stay in communication with anyone you recruit, keep their feedback returning to the forums and keep them returning to play Tribes.
  • 1. No viable casual play server.

Someone needs to make a BASE server called ROOKIES AND NEWBLOODS and keep it bot-free. I say base because its much slower than Classic and thus much easier to learn. Presently new players go to Goons, get slaughtered, and quit. I'm quite sure this is the problem.

2. No New Players Forum

We need a forum so new players and returning veterans can say hello and ask their inane and silly questions without our General Discussion chatter and feuding.

3. No Recruiting and Retaining Team

We need players specifically focusing on getting and keeping new players interested in the game. I suggest the creation of a tribe for new players with the reactivation of the old browser functions so returning players know who else is new and who to ask for help.

Correct these three problems and we should have improvements in our recruiting and retention rates. PLEASE stay in communication with anyone you recruit, keep their feedback returning to the forums and keep them returning to play Tribes.
    There is a base server up now its Houston vehicles it is for pub play when we anounced it got a little ugly with a few people but I dont want to go into that again I dont think what these forums should be about.
    Its is still there and yes it is newblood friendly with no team damage and I have sen a couple other base servers but most are always empty.We usually get a few people on every night but its not steady at the time.I have even tried to help new players out by teaching them some basics of capping and farming and other basics which I dont mind and a I think is a good thing.

Some people new to the game might actually enjoy learning to do such things.As we all know this game has a high learning curve.Instead of calling these peoples newbs and retards like I have seen some do why dont some of are good players teach the others that want to learn.The choice is ares really we can grow by helping and bringing in new people or we can stay small and hang on to what we still have left.
  • i blame all of the new 13-14 year olds that talk about "newbs" all day yet can not stand up to any of the old timers.
  • Well...I was directed here by a post someone made on a community forum that I'm a member of, tacticalgamer.com where I play BF2: Project Reality mod. (which just won Best Multiplayer and Mod of the Year)

So...make a post on whatever other community/clan sites you're a regular at and get your forum buddies to play!
  • I think that was me. Nikov, wasn't it? As in NikovK, the mapper for PR a few years back?

Nice to have you.
  • Epic bump

Some guys said that this could be used as a trailer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69gmkeUrO24

If theres interest from above I can make it more trailer like with some text, the TN logo, and some more music
  • Sick editing bro
  • that was pretty badass !