Tribesnext, and new players

:) i started to advertise this game some time ago and some people realy joined to play this game... i think people should advertise this on other forums and popular games so this game would get more players.

I didint found any threads about this with search so i created this...

Comments

• well done thou faithfull
  • Alot of people prolly already do this.
  • Alot of people prolly already do this.
    yea, but it just depends on 'how' you advertise it
  • No, because all Tribes players hate new players.
    It has been this way for a decade.
    not true, there are a lot of 'new' players playing MD2 and i love just hopping around in blastech armor while they rip chainguns at meh :)
    not true, there are a lot of 'new' players playing MD2 and i love just hopping around in blastech armor while they rip chainguns at meh :)
    That is fun. :D
  • edited July 2009
    Yea, more new players, more free kills =D and more new chainwhores who walk front of my spinfusor, everybody should like that.
    They don't count, because they aren't even really playing Tribes 2.
  • Everyone is new at some point
    Sure they are. Just because it's something you don't approve doesn't mean its not T2.
    Sure they are. Just because it's something you don't approve doesn't mean its not T2.
    Uhh... no. It is not T2. Next you are going to tell me that playing Alien Swarm is the same as playing UT2k4.
  • Oh, get over yourself.

It's clear that the intent of the game was to be easily and thoroughly moddable gameplay on the server side. The manual even mentions that if you want to play the original ruleset Dynamix designed that you should seek out base/pure servers.

Nobody plays that original vision anymore, so, by your completely inane analysis, none of us is playing T2.
  • So basically, what you're saying is MD2 is not T2.

Nice.
  • Someone needs to go back to a grade school reading comprehension class.

In any case, it's off the topic at hand. Plenty of people have advertised the game. You're free to advertise it as well.
  • i voted no. i am not sure if you heard about this but tribes 2 has been dead for years and years. the community is a weird husk populated by the diehards and the idiots that are still seeking the fame they weren't good enough to have when people actually played (and they will never actually attain it anyway. they are bad.)

don't advertise tribes 2. let it die in peace.
  • I'm a trendsetter; watch out Yes voters, No is catching up.
  • hey anyone remember that chick terri schiavo, the one that had a stroke or whatever and was oxygen deprived so she was basically braindead and just a husk of a person but noone would just let the poor thing die? yeah i dunno i just thought of that for some reason. probably doesn't have to do with anything.
  • tribes 2 is that stroke victim
  • Oh, get over yourself.

It's clear that the intent of the game was to be easily and thoroughly moddable gameplay on the server side. The manual even mentions that if you want to play the original ruleset Dynamix designed that you should seek out base/pure servers.

Nobody plays that original vision anymore, so, by your completely inane analysis, none of us is playing T2.

Thyth you sir are genius.
  • Maybe a big company will see the game and make a new Tribes ,i said maybe ,il keep dreaming .
    And thanks TribesNext for showing me a excelent fps ,i wish i play t2 earlyer . excuse my english
    They already have, they're called garrage games, and they made Fallen Empires: Leigions and that shit blows and is nothing like tribes, although they stole shazbot.
  • Shazbot is from Mork&Mindy.

llamas everywhere
  • Maybe a big company will see the game and make a new Tribes ,i said maybe ,il keep dreaming .
    And thanks TribesNext for showing me a excelent fps ,i wish i play t2 earlyer . excuse my english
    They already have, they're called garrage games, and they made Fallen Empires: Leigions and that shit blows and is nothing like tribes, although they stole shazbot.

Legions is like Tribes LT and even at that there is something about it thats boring even compared to Tribes LT. GG is kind of making the opposite mistake that was made with Tribes 2. Tribes 2 base release was really slowed down a lot which annoyed a lot of people. Now in legions they are focusing so much on speed they are running into all kinds of balance issues. The game is very favorable toward offensive capping and makes it a lot easier for anyone to attempt a cap. Chasing, skirmishes etc just aren't as fun in Legions and it only works somewhat well on the smallest of maps. I hope they realize trying to force a more boring version of LT on people isn't going to get a lot of people paying to play.

The more I play all variants of Tribes and occasionally Legions. I realize more and more that T2 really is an awesome evolution to Tribes, in some ways even more enjoyable then the original. They just should have never nerfed that speed on release.
  • They really need to stop trying to "improve" upon the Tribes 1 base/Tribes 2 classic physics and just copy them. It's literally impossible to improve upon them, because they are perfect. So by making physics different in any way, they will be, by definition, imperfect and worse.

When are they going to learn this lesson?
  • That's already been said. I doubt any does it.
  • Holy thread necro batman...