cant Create a Account

edited October 2009 in Support
well the problem is i can not create a Account!!! >:(

When i try to make a account it says please wait as Server server status is checked.

well i wait about 5 minutes and it says The Server Address as not yet been received, Close this Page and Try again in a moment.

well i wait about 1 hour with the Log in Screen with name/password Blank, when i try again it redoes it and i have looked threw the Forms/support Even the General Discussion and i can not find any thing to Help me,

so now i am here Posting my First Post here on something i need help with :(

Comments

• edited October 2009
    i've seen that post Many times and Have done it about 50 times,
  • Dealt with in this FAQ entry: http://www.tribesnext.com/forum/index.php?topic=464.0

Connect to the IRC channel if you desire more individualized support.
  • thats same site as other guy sent me so once again... ive done that also
  • It should be obvious that we would only direct you to the FAQ entry repeatedly because the solution is in there. If you are having problems after claiming to have performed all steps in the FAQ, you either followed the steps incorrectly, or are lying about going through the process.

The account server has been operating without any downtime since the first of September, so any connectivity issues that you are encountering originate on your end.

That leaves the other 4 bullet points. MD5/SHA1 sums for the GSI and post-patched Tribes2.exe are in http://www.tribesnext.com/forum/index.php?topic=721.0, so you should verify those were not corrupted during download or copying on your computer.

If the sums match, that leaves 3 bullet points. Affinity problems that result in an inability to see the server list or contact the account server are extremely rare (only two reported cases in the last 10 months).

If you rule out affinity problems, that leaves a firewall of some sort. Disable it, or add an exception for Tribes2.exe, and it will cease to be a problem.

In almost 10 months of answering support questions, we have never encountered a connectivity problem that couldn't be traced to one of the bullets in the FAQ. Until you provide concrete evidence that you can read and understand written text (which I doubt, since you PM'd me after I told you explicitly not to), I'm going to (albeit presumptuously) assume that you have not followed the FAQ.

If you desire real time support, connect to the IRC channel. It is helpfully listed at the bottom of every page on this forum. Be prepared to explain in detail what steps you have done so far before you join the chat channel.