Way to change voice pitch during gameplay?

Is there a way to change voice pitch ingame? I know you can at the character screen at the main menu, but I'm talking about during play

Comments

• check message.cs to see how voice pitch is handled.
  • ^ You lost me there
  • check message.cs to see how voice pitch is handled.
    Go grab Tracer ECM and see how it allows you to change voices in-game. I can imagine it being there.

Or message.cs (look for a global messaging function) and see if it has an arg for pitch. If so, someone could write a simple script to do it.
  • Is there a way to change voice pitch ingame? I know you can at the character screen at the main menu, but I'm talking about during play
    You cannot change it during gameplay. Your voicepitch is specified when you connect.
  • Is there a way to change voice pitch ingame? I know you can at the character screen at the main menu, but I'm talking about during play
    You cannot change it during gameplay. Your voicepitch is specified when you connect.
    I was thinking the same, just didn't remember how T2 handled voicepitches.
  • It can be changed during gameplay if you are the server host, simply by modifying the %client.voicePitch variable. As has already been said though, you can't do it on the client... But you could change the pitch on your own end by modifying the message handlers to disregard the pitch sent by the server if you really wanted to sound funny to yourself.
  • edited October 2009
    Ah no, I was just curious. I keep at normal pitch, but the other night it had changed. I do have TracerECM already. I didn't remember changing my pitch, so I thought maybe I did in game by accident. I guess I just accidentally changed the pitch slider in the menu before joining the game. ::) Also, I thought I heard other people in games before having different pitches. Guess it was my imagination.

BTW, there's no way to change the speed of your voice is there? I hear some ppl sound like they're talking slower when they have lower pitches. Maybe the lower pitch is tricking me?