Custom Map Bases (Objects)

Good Morning!

Super stoked about the rebirth of tribes 2 and am looking forward to some good times.

I was a huge fan of the original T1 hunters mod, and the maps that were included with that mod in particular.

I am trying to recreate some of those classic hunter maps for Tribes 2, but there are a couple of Bases in t1 that were standard that are not included in t2.

Particularly the "enclosed" base with the 3 levels. Large base, ramps going down to the second floor with the break in the floor to get down to the bottom level, where there were a flag stand, a few hallways that would wrap the perimeter of the main room with a tunnel heading up to the top levels.

also there was another base that was quite large with one center area containing a "cube" in the middle with the nexus being on top of this platform. two large sloping hallways would lead down to this area, and there were smaller hallways around the outside of the whole area with 4 little inventory rooms on the corners.

does anyone know of the existence of these two t1 bases converted for use with tribes 2?

thanks

Bain

Comments

• Those descriptions don't really sound like any bases I've seen in Tribes2, but I could be wrong.
    Perhaps some screenshots of those maps/bases would help jog peoples memories.
  • The first base your talking about I remember specifically, and I'm also sad that there is no T2 port of them. I know this for sure because I want it as well haha. I remember a really sweet Arena map used just that base. I always thought it would make a good siege map base.
  • if you get into modeling, there is a thread on the forum that talks about custom shapes and interiors. I suggest you take a look at that. and yeah, that base does sound familiar to me, just not in T2.
  • There is a program called WorldCraft for Tribes that allows you to build Interiors and textures, here is a link in the thread mentioned by Phantom139 although you must pay to register at the site to get it, which sucks. There is also, I believe, a link at www.TribalOutpost.com, although I am not sure if it's the same thing or if it even works.

[move]Oh Dear! What happened to your face? It looks as though you've received some fist shaped blunt force trauma![/move]