[Split] Problem connecting to server on LAN

These solutions did not help my situation. No one on my LAN can join my dedicated server on the same network. Not matter how I try to join. I tried LAN connection, Online connection with subnet mask IP and also with actual IP by pressing insert. Nothing is working.

Comments

• Split from http://www.tribesnext.com/forum/index.php?topic=74.0

It's unclear exactly what issue you have. From the topic I've split this from, I'll assume the clients connecting to your server are getting this exact error message: "Server sent back unreasonable IP challenge source. Possible replay attack attempt."

The LAN support in the game only works on IANA allocated private address spaces spelled out in RFC 1918, and link-local (Zeroconf) addresses. In practice, this means 10.0.0.0/8, 172.16.0.0/12, 192.168.0.0/16 for the IANA private allocations, and 169.254.0.0/16 for link-local.

If you are attempting to host on a LAN that does not follow IANA standards for non-routable allocation (i.e. attempting to use one of the reserved but unused allocations, like the 5.0.0.0/8 network, the 1.0.0.0/8 network, or other such blocks), the game will fail, as this LAN behavior is not standards compliant.

If your problem does not produce the error as above, you will need to provide additional information.
  • My money is on a firewall or router issue.