My account has been hacked!

I have had an ongoing issues with a couple people over the last 2 months (at Goons) and Goons has been looking into it. I recorded some of the issues ect. One of the kids ( main person causing the stuff) claimed he had a Dynamic IP and there was nothing Goons could do about it.

So tonight, I came into Goons to play and as soon as I got in, some kid using the name 'Puzzled Light' starts a kick vote against me. It didn't pass of course and a lil while later he left. Next game starts and someone using my exact name sToNeCoLdPuNk ( no added .1 ) shows up and starts global chatting then he left. Others witnessed it and I actually have a recording of it.

I know this site lists the login to have very good encryption. Any Admins know what is going on? Can something be done about this?

Comments

• If the ".1" was not added to the end of the player name, the player name is not the same. This means the account is not the same. Check your recording to make sure the name is the same.

I just checked the account database, and I see an account "sToNeCoLdPuNk" with GUID 2637002 (presumably yours). I also see an account "sToNeCoLdFuNk" with GUID 2967988, which as of writing was created on Sat, 03 Apr 2010 23:45:23 GMT (epoch 1270338322709), which is less than 6 hours ago.

As far as account security, the only way to compromise an account is if an attacker discovers your password. That doesn't seem to be the case here.
  • Thanks for the quick reply Thyth. It happened so fast and he was in and out of the server. The names looked exactly the same but apparently he changed the P to an F based on what your records show.

I'll check the recording tomorrow.

Much appreciated!