I have released the first beta version of the BTMappack for Tribes2. It can be downloaded from the following address:http://www.gamefront.com/files/20278279/BTMappackT2_b1_vl2
Some things to keep in mind about this first version:
1. It IS a beta version. The maps are in a test state and not everything is done. Even so they should be playable for the most part. There WILL be a future update but not for quite a while.
2. All maps are client side. They do REQUIRE players to have a copy on their systems. If you are a system admin considering running these maps on your server please keep that in mind. If you are a player make sure you have the mappack installed before visiting a server running these maps.
3. There is NO vehicle support in any of the maps at this time. You may notice a couple maps that traditionally have vehicle support in other versions. These do not at this time. That will be added in a future version.
4. There is NO bot support in any of these maps. That may not ever be added in future versions.
5. One map has broken spawngraph support (ScarabraeBTt2). I hope to have that working in a future version. The map basically works but you will find one team spawning at the other teams base. (Hey, its a feature!)
6. Install is just like any other mappack for Tribes 2. Drop a copy in the base directory and you should be good to go.
7. I have no idea whether these maps will work at all with your favorite insertnamehere mod. YMMV.
8. While I have tested it over a period of several months I cannot claim it won't rape your cat, burn your house and or cause some other kind of deviant damage to something you love and cherish.
9. Most of the work in creating this mappack was done in the original Linux version of Tribes 2 from Lokisoft. Much of the other associated modeling and other graphics was as well. WinXP was used for some areas also.
10. The maps were migrated from the "Legends" version of the BTMappack. Legends uses a larger scale than Tribes 2 so many of the maps may seem "larger" than you are used to. Some of that may change in futures version depending upon how well each map plays.
11. All skyboxes were created by me. Almost all models were created by me with the exception of the main base in ScarabraeBT and the main base in BroadsideBT. DonnyKrun created those 2 interior models with me doing some texturing and alterations on them. (Thanks DonnyKrun!) All other assets are listed in various credit files contained in the vl2 file.
12. These maps are NOT finished. I am well aware of the various issues and will eventually be correcting and adjusting the maps in a future update.
13. The maps are currently running at my server, "BearTown Tribes2". which will be listed in the master server list.....when it is actually running and not crashed.
Thats it. Hope you enjoy the maps.