Mapping Issue

When I try to cut holes into the map, it's too big! Is there a way to reduce size?

Comments

• edited July 2011
    Change your tile size? Should be in a dropdown menu... haven't used the map editor in awhile...

EDIT: Looks like this is as small as I could get. (See attachment)
    This is just a limitation of the Torque Engine. :/
    • Hole.png
    Hole.png 271.6K
  • edited July 2011
    Change your tile size? Should be in a dropdown menu... haven't used the map editor in awhile...

EDIT: Looks like this is as small as I could get. (See attachment)
    This is just a limitation of the Torque Engine. :/
    Thanks Heat Killer, I'll give it a try, can always count on you, Krash, and Phantom.

EDIT: I tried it, and it looks like it works, so when I need it, I'll use it
  • edited July 2011
    Another issue has appeared

I finally was ready for the spawn build, and the dedicated window shows up, it starts the spawn build, and then it UEs and says:

no nav graph - in the dedicated window,

Any solutions?

EDIT: Looks like I forgot the AI, I'm going to lookup LAGG.
  • Just throw any NavGraph object into the level. It doesn't matter if you don't need AI.
  • Just throw any NavGraph object into the level. It doesn't matter if you don't need AI.
    Okay, I did that, but now spawnbuild sits on two lines forever:
    See Attached below
    • 7-16-2011 7-17-48 PM.png
  • You're supposed to wait for it to finish. It takes a VERY long time to make a spawngraph. It used to take like 10-15 minutes on my goddamn 700mhz Celeron.
  • The navigation graph code for the engine used to make Tribes 2 is very inefficient, as Red Shifter has pointed out. Unfortunately you're just going to have to sit back with a cup of coffee or something while that thing builds.

Honestly, make sure you've entirely completed your map before doing this... it will save you a great deal of time.
  • Posting from phone so bear with spelling.

You can decrease the square size on your terrain object for smaller holes. But you may notice a performance drop on larger maps.
  • Thanks heat!
    The navigation graph code for the engine used to make Tribes 2 is very inefficient, as Red Shifter has pointed out. Unfortunately you're just going to have to sit back with a cup of coffee or something while that thing builds.

Honestly, make sure you've entirely completed your map before doing this... it will save you a great deal of time.
    I hope T3D is better. Seeing as it is updated.
    The navigation graph code for the engine used to make Tribes 2 is very inefficient, as Red Shifter has pointed out. Unfortunately you're just going to have to sit back with a cup of coffee or something while that thing builds.

Yeah, I finally got the spawngraph done and it still spawned back at the center... so I am gonna get the AI done and then redo the spawngraph. I have been working on my C# apps for now, the switch to WPF is horrible. My opinion, Windows Applications were a lot easier. But WPF comes with its own easy-to-do Ribbon that I need to use.

As far as the map is going, the two CTF bases are complete and the Capture and Hold base in the center is done, Slapdash(Flatdash's Terrain) is what I am using.