TribesNext

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

TribesNext >  TribesNext.com Forums >  General Discussion >  Tribes Ascend at Quakecon « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Tribes Ascend at Quakecon
Ravin
Nugget

View Profile
15: August 04, 2011, 02:40:07 PM »
Were people playing Tribes positions?
* Like light defense, heavy offense, etc?

Na, most peeps did not know the game, They had 16 stations with 4 of the developers playing with us. They were good; killin cappers and in shrikes and gravs.

If so, how did they play with the 2 weapon loadouts?

Everyone was tryin different loadouts mostly spinfuzers
Ravin
Nugget

View Profile
16: August 05, 2011, 07:36:15 AM »
Awesome job robertom, good video from QuakeCon.
blindkilla
Scout

View Profile
17: August 05, 2011, 09:12:01 AM »
ravin didnt you and your brother do some maps back in the day I remember playing some and I recall they where quite good.

also nice video there!!

« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 09:15:05 AM by blindkilla »
Ensign Munro
Nugget³

View Profile
18: August 05, 2011, 11:15:31 AM »
My favorite part of that video was when the gravcycle rammed the other guy in mid-field.

Classic.

And, while I am on the subject of gravcycles, it seems they made them easier to control. As I recall, Gravcycles were the hardest of all the vehicles to control in T2. Looking at the video, it seemed they are easier to maneuver now.

"I'm not good at giving advise. Can I offer you a sarcastic comment?"
--Chandler Bing: "Friends"
blindkilla
Scout

View Profile
19: August 05, 2011, 11:41:48 AM »
what??? grav cycles were by far the easiest things to use in the game hitting a moving target with jet packs aint so easy,but like you said fun as hell the grav where however easy to damage.Doing tricks on them like jumping mpbs and playing chicken was a plus.
darkzigger
Seņor Nugget

View Profile
20: August 07, 2011, 01:29:49 AM »
shrike OP, the thing never even blows up ;l

Blakhart
Juggernaught

View Profile
21: August 11, 2011, 12:24:56 PM »
So heavies move as fast as in classic? The spam will be familiar at least.
cnaeus
Nugget²

View Profile
22: August 12, 2011, 02:41:12 AM »
Is it just me, or the shrike really had that ominous T:V feeling? Something just wasn't right with that shrike... it didn't have that... I dunno... floating, or swimming(?) kind of feeling as in T2. Also, from the video doesn't show whether the map is caged or not infinite, which has a huge impact on vehicle play.  Undecided
Red Shifter
Scout

View Profile
23: August 12, 2011, 11:48:59 AM »
jumping from a shrike is definitely V2-style
stavro
Nugget

View Profile
24: August 13, 2011, 05:40:31 AM »
i just hope that they don't kill the "team combat on an epic scale" feeling with that
free to play thing. because imho this was what made tribes at least as much as all the "freedom of movement" thing. that's why i played t2 and t:v as well. i liked t2 much more then t:v yes, but it's a pity that if its about multiplayer/teamplay even t:v is still better then all the crap these days.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

irc.tribalwar.com / #TribesNext Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines