Jerico&mass spam

ok, if I got it right, you can teleport to a deployed jerico immediately from the vehicle station's teleporter. So why tribes2 tactics evolved in the way that doesn't take advantage of this fact? Why don't we use jericos as outposts and swarm the enemy base in juggi armors? It would certainly be much funnier than it is now... isn't it? ;D

Comments

• PS: I figured out by now that most team members are not quite happy if im messing around with the teams only MPB. On the other hand, hiding a Jerico near the enemy base, just behind a covering curve of a hill , can be extremely frustrating to the enemy when placed at the right spot. Equipped with a plasma turret, and surrounded by a few landspikes - it can be quite a nuisance.
    This strategy is quite fun, especially if there are more than one team member to take care of the it. Teamplay, that's for sure.
  • For the most part, it's because the base is completely invaluable if your base gets raped. When the gens are down, you have ONE option to change your armor and equipment: the Jericho. Also, Jerichos add one extra base turret to your base defense. Also, if your base gets raped, the easiest way to stop the train is to kill their base back, but that's difficult if your Jericho is miles away and your teleporter is unpowered. This will usually result in the Jericho being far from home and undefended while the rest of your team focuses on repairing the damage and defending the flag, both of which would be easier with the MPB at home. Basically, the Jericho is used to make it so your enemies have to rape TWO bases before you're completely shut down.

Really, there's nothing wrong with your strategy. It's probably what the creators intended for the MPB (using scout armor to get there fast, swap to juggernaut, rape rape rape). It's just easier, if it's nearby, to keep your operations running.
  • Dr. Horrible summed it up.

By spamming nades/mines & GL under the belly of the MPB, a single player can take it down in a matter of seconds. A lone shrike can do the same. Out in the field it stands no chance without a couple defenders, which are probably better used elsewhere.

Also, everything he said about defense / rape.
  • Its all due to the lack of balance inherent to the game.
  • He is absolutely right. If the base gets raped,the teleport is down, the strategy is doomed.

But, there were long-distance maps where our gens got no attack, and I was able to do this very successfully and it was really fun. I did it a few times on Reversion, and some other big maps. Was it worth the 10 minutes of driving to the other end of the map, lol, not really, BUT it worked wonderfully as long as our gens were up. I beaconed the teleport pad and a big portion of our team used it.

Here's the trick: I had to park the MPB WAYYY behind their base, BUT ON A HILL ideally. That way, the MPB was really really far and the enemy couldn't see it, but the heavies coming down the hill could easily diskjump to a fast speed and get behind their base quick for the gen or the flag. Had a continuous HO train coming in, and they didn't figure it out, lmao. Good times. Sometimes the good players did finally figure it out.
    "Hmm, there are an awful lot of heavies coming in to our base FROM THE WRONG WAY, this doesn't look right!"
  • I've done this very thing before and it lasted all map. They never figured it out. lol
  • He is absolutely right. If the base gets raped,the teleport is down, the strategy is doomed.

But, there were long-distance maps where our gens got no attack, and I was able to do this very successfully and it was really fun. I did it a few times on Reversion, and some other big maps. Was it worth the 10 minutes of driving to the other end of the map, lol, not really, BUT it worked wonderfully as long as our gens were up. I beaconed the teleport pad and a big portion of our team used it.

Here's the trick: I had to park the MPB WAYYY behind their base, BUT ON A HILL ideally. That way, the MPB was really really far and the enemy couldn't see it, but the heavies coming down the hill could easily diskjump to a fast speed and get behind their base quick for the gen or the flag. Had a continuous HO train coming in, and they didn't figure it out, lmao. Good times. Sometimes the good players did finally figure it out.
    "Hmm, there are an awful lot of heavies coming in to our base FROM THE WRONG WAY, this doesn't look right!"

I loved hiding MPBs way out of sight and giving the enemy team some mortar love from where they couldn't see it. So satisfying to just raid down pain on the enemy base while the teammates went in for the flag, generators, etc.