TribesNext

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

TribesNext >  TribesNext.com Forums >  Support >  Account creation problem « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Account creation problem
Blakhart
Juggernaught

View Profile
15: February 27, 2012, 08:56:20 AM »
Thyth, it's about time you made this game easier for folks with this problem to get resolution. Anyone needing a account, pm me your email addy, and a first and second choice in user names.
Thyth
Apotheosis Incarnate

View Profile
16: March 01, 2012, 06:13:27 PM »
The vast majority of users don't have any issues communicating with the TribesNext network systems. Every case of this issue that I've resolved personally has been as a result of third party firewalls running on the same computer, or one of the other issues covered in the FAQ.

Try as I might, I can't control the third party security software that people have installed on their computers, and I can't control the quality of said security software. A lot of consumer grade software firewalls (and antivirus programs that also try to be firewalls) are really bottom of the barrel as far as software quality, and create issues for fully standards compliant protocols that we use in the system. What makes these problems even more egregious is that the uninstallation routines for some of these security programs leave pieces that continue to interfere with normal network communication after software removal.

I will be including a network communications self-test UI in game in the next patch version to assist with enumerating the exact communications issues encountered by the game, but, ultimately, in 99.9% of the cases, the cause and root of the problem is the same: mediocre host software firewalls.

Sarcastic, narcissistic, genius, resurrecting the game with brilliant strokes of wizardry.
Blakhart
Juggernaught

View Profile
17: March 02, 2012, 11:27:45 AM »
Thanks Thyth.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

irc.tribalwar.com / #TribesNext Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines
anything