Tribes 2 on Win8

Hello.
I have problem with "Tribes 2" on windows 8. Anybody could share with some experience in that matter ?

Comments

• Hello.
    I have problem with "Tribes 2" on windows 8. Anybody could share with some experience in that matter ?
    Last time I checked, it worked perfectly fine. Make sure:
    • You've installed Tribes 2 from tribes2gsi.exe or patched CD to 25034.
    • TribesNext has been installed in the correct directory.
    • Nothing you've added (mods) is a conflicting factor.
  • When I've tried it, TribesNext was not able to download my account credentials. Had to move them from my old machine.
  • edited September 2013
    EDIT: Reinstall, verify that your graphics drivers are up to date, and check your firewall / antivirus.

If that doesn't work, as an absolute last resort, uninstall Tribes 2 and contact me. I installed off of an installer I wrote 3 weeks ago while tinkering, Thyth said it would be better and non "gray area-ed" to just use Dynamix's original installer.
    It's cleaner, and easier for newer computers considering it's a newer version of Nullsoft rather than an old InstallShield, however, TribesNext, and nor am I responsible for any damages to your computer. It is not patched.
  • Sorry For delay, But earlier i don't have a much of time. Thx for your advice. Right now everything, works perfect.
  • It worked very well with my machine, and I've had maybe 2 UEs since I installed on W8.

-rJay
  • It works fine on my devise too .
  • I have tribes 2 installed on my windows 8.1 computer and it works just fine maybe a lag spike here or there but that is just my computer not really the game itself
  • Yes. The number of UEs on my (now) 8.1 machine is a whopping 3 in a 2 year period. 2 of those were when I lost internet connection (I'm on the peninsula of a lake) and 1 was a couple weeks ago on TAC Mod, which is famous for it's UEs. I expect more from that mod, as I just began playing it. Other than that, no UEs from Classic, or tanks, or any of that since I got this PC.

Jay