TribesNext

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

TribesNext >  TribesNext.com Forums >  Support >  TribesNext Profile and Clan API [BETA] « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: TribesNext Profile and Clan API [BETA]
Blue Jello
Nugget

View Profile
45: July 13, 2014, 06:45:02 PM »
Thanks earth, I will reach out to him on IRC... Sadly, no real rush at the moment because my motherboard died on me yesterday, so I won't be able to game until I get that straightened out.
({STAR})earthinhabitant
Seņor Nugget

View Profile
46: July 15, 2014, 03:32:56 PM »
always something, been there and done that, take a look on craiglist for used computers, normally some good deals on there, maybe in your in area...
Thyth
Apotheosis Incarnate

View Profile
47: July 29, 2014, 11:10:25 PM »
Found a little time to work on TribesNext stuff.

Accounts generated between September 2013 and now have been copied over to the browser system. The account server is now programmed to automatically keep both systems synchronized whenever a new account is created.

I've put this code into production without running any kind of full test, so, if it's broken, you get to keep both pieces (and let me know on IRC so I can fix it).

Edit: sashimi ran a quick test of account generation and log in via browser. Worked for him. I verified correct database rows generated. Looks like it's all working.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 11:14:12 PM by Thyth »

Sarcastic, narcissistic, genius, resurrecting the game with brilliant strokes of wizardry.
({STAR})earthinhabitant
Seņor Nugget

View Profile
48: August 01, 2014, 12:38:57 PM »
thx T
Jack Booted Thug
Nugget³

View Profile
49: August 02, 2014, 06:46:41 PM »
Is this in the T2 browser or just web browser stuff?
({STAR})earthinhabitant
Seņor Nugget

View Profile
50: August 03, 2014, 05:45:39 AM »
JBT,

I think this is just web browser.

The hold up on the in game GUI is the tmail function, that has a bug, that DxDragon can describe and go into detail about it, that is holding, the in game browser GUI

I just watched a documentary, called "video games" ...on a side note, a worthy watch about the history of gaming.
Thyth
Apotheosis Incarnate

View Profile
51: August 18, 2014, 09:06:20 PM »
I put together a script to check for clients running a new enough version of TribesNext with the mini-browser client created for the tournaments: http://thyth.com/tn/checkver.cs

It's totally untested, but, if you install that script on a T2 server (RC2a+ on server side), it will prevent anyone without RC2 & tournamentNetClient.vl2 from joining for gameplay -- they will be stuck in observer mode. Admins can override this if necessary with the team force join admin option in the server lobby.

There was some preliminary anti-cheat work in RC2 targeting HM2 (causes the game to crash if HM2 is used). By running this script, you can enforce a minimum TribesNext version to the anti-HM2 versions. The HM2 killer isn't that sophisticated, but the kind of script kiddies that run HM2 and complain about how it crashes on cheat forums aren't smart enough to do anything other than downgrade to RC1x versions of TribesNext.

Edit: I should also clarify... you do not need to have a tag on the account for this to work. Just having RC2 and the tournamentNetClient.vl2 is enough.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 09:15:03 PM by Thyth »

Sarcastic, narcissistic, genius, resurrecting the game with brilliant strokes of wizardry.
Blakhart
Juggernaught

View Profile
52: August 19, 2014, 07:09:57 AM »
Yay!
GeEkOfWiReS1097
Nugget²

View Profile
53: August 19, 2014, 01:05:58 PM »
Double sweetness!
Wait, so you have to have the tournamentNetClient.vl2 to get this to work? I'll have to re-add it to my game.

I didn't know there was any HM2 prevention in TribesNext, I thought it was 100% authentication and matchmaking. But hey, you learn something new everyday.

Bookmarking Thyth.com
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 07:07:22 PM by GeEkOfWiReS1097 »

If your problem can't be solved, you haven't dug deep enough.
Avoid re-posting a question that has been answered and we can prevent forum clutter:
Search with me.
Blue Jello
Nugget

View Profile
54: August 20, 2014, 06:43:10 PM »
I am a little late to the party on this post, but I wanted to thank you Thyth for your work on this.
rJay
Scout

View Profile
55: August 21, 2014, 10:13:29 AM »
yes thank you!

Romans 1:16
Thyth
Apotheosis Incarnate

View Profile
56: August 31, 2014, 01:05:09 PM »
An updated version of checkver.cs is now available from the link above. Heat Killer had done some tests and helped track down a couple issues.

A version of this script is now live on Snap Crackle Pub, and will eliminate people still running HM2 by reverting to the older patch.

Thyth
Apotheosis Incarnate

View Profile
57: February 07, 2015, 09:45:36 PM »
I've copied code from the TribesNext SVN repository to Github: https://github.com/TribesNext/t2-scripts

This includes the incomplete in-game GUIs, but is intended for developers, not general users at this time.

Heat has some bandwidth to work on this stuff. I'll be accepting pull requests, and if we end up finishing the browser code, we might cut an RC3 release.

Ragora
Seņor Nugget

View Profile WWW
58: February 07, 2015, 11:52:55 PM »
I've already had some of my own code (that I've been holding onto for quite some time) contributions that totally enables the mail and tribal browser UI's which appear to work without much issue aside from a few small issues in the tribal browser still.

Probably still needs some formal testing beyond what I did, though.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Supposedly Einstein
Turkeh
nil

View Profile
59: January 25, 2016, 04:55:47 PM »
I got a bit bored (and felt like learning AngularJS) and threw together an alternate web-based UI for the community server. You can access it here: http://turkeh.net/browser/. Source is available on github (no guarantee that it's pretty, or good).

Read the FAQs!

Search before posting support requests.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

irc.quakenet.org / #TribesNext Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines
anything