Tribes 2 plays extremely well on Linux (if not better than Windows)!

edited February 2017 in Support
Works perfectly with Ubuntu 16.04 and Wine 2.0! I've also installed OBS Studio to stream my gameplay on Twitch.tv. Runs very smooth with no hickups while streaming and creating a video file locally. Will toy with the settings to get best possible quality video file for later use. (Be sure to tip the good peeps at Ubuntu & Wine! - Never bought an OS in my life and nice to know I can name my price... Woohoo!).

Follow instructions on how to play Tribes 2 here:
T2Forums.com

Comments

• Or you can follow my original instructions sticked in this support forum: http://www.tribesnext.com/forum/index.php?topic=2095.0

I would also recommend downloading the Linux tweaked version of TribesNext directly from us (in that thread), just to avoid any potential hazards from 3rd party hosting.

Additionally, I've recently verified behavior on macOS Sierra, using the latest wine from homebrew, and it similarly works great.
  • Or you can follow my original instructions sticked in this support forum: http://www.tribesnext.com/forum/index.php?topic=2095.0

I would also recommend downloading the Linux tweaked version of TribesNext directly from us (in that thread), just to avoid any potential hazards from 3rd party hosting.

Additionally, I've recently verified behavior on macOS Sierra, using the latest wine from homebrew, and it similarly works great.

I wouldn't change anything in the zip. I just felt it'd be easier to host it to save bandwidth. You can md5 the zip if you like.
  • My previous hosting of the linux files have been redirected to the original tribesnext thread.

Quick list of things that help performance.

Latest wine with staging, then enabling staging
    Latest Video card drivers
    Setting your graphic card to "Maximum performance preferred"
    Turn off compositing aka desktop effects (the process is different depending on with environment youre using)
  • Been using the Windows version, playing on Ubuntu and Wine sipping, no problems...