({STAR}) is Recruiting!

Greetings everyone!

First off, like to apologize, to everyone, who was a member ever or still is, for that matter,...as I personally let a lot of you all down and aware of how it impacted all of us.

After the master servers going off-line and no clan tags for many years, it is a great thanks to Thyth, for his effort in making it all possible again, for us all.

Clan tags have been back for some time, and after announcing plans for a competitive challenge and being ridiculed and accused of fraudulent intentions and then chastised and accused of hacking by teratos over the use of the JSON Authentication, for implementing clan tags, and being banned from SCP by mistycane...well, able to play on server now and be part of the game again.

So, with that said, let's get to it.

Looking for any and all of our members to rejoin and any new members, interesting in joining, to put our tag on.

Like to see if, we can get 12 or so members over the next few months and start having a little get together each week and challenging any of the free agents and other clans, who are up for a challenge, for a few matches each month, for fun.

Going to throw this out there now, so does not catch anyone off guard, considering holding a tourney with some prizes offered, and possibly cash, as a incentive to flush some more players out of the woodwork and bank into the game.

Missed many of you and seeing comrades without the tag now, is saddening in many ways, and certainly like everyone to know, they are more than welcome to join, and if we ever had an issue before, hope we can let it go and focus on just having fun now and being family again.

For those of you who have not hassled about joining, will not name you by name here, as some of you know who you are and others, were not ever in the clan and have been enjoying our nightly pub action, thoroughly.

If anyone needs help, on how to get clan tags, feel free to ask here or in game...there is a thread here in the forums, with the file, required to have client-side, for the tag to show.

regards,
Earth

Comments

• Hi,

I'd like to be in the clan. Also, If you are planning on holding a tourney, it may be a good idea to install a few unofficial security patches for Tribes 2. There is one serious problem with Tribes 2 which I was originally planning on using as an automatic mod/map downloading interface. (With player permission) After asking Ragora about it and deciding it wouldn't be a good idea to use it that way due to the large security risk. Currently you should install the CmdArmor script which will fix the easiest to exploit problem. I will have two more scripts ready soon to fix the timescaling problem and the other serious problem. Someday I hope to make a "Tribes 2: Remastered" edition with all of the fixes and a lot more included, but that may have to wait until I am able to buy the Tribes 2 source code and IP. It would also be cool to have Thyth update the TribesNext installer in the meantime with the fixes, the datablock limit patch, ghosting limit patch, and possibly the network speed limit patches.

Best Regards,
    Bahke
  • Great on joining!

On the competitive stuff...as far, as cheating goes, etc..

Think requiring/requesting demos and screen shot of scripts directory and/or folders, might help with some suspected use of scripts, be it way-points, or others.

Though to be honest, think just making all the cheats, that are acceptable, available to everyone, who wants to use them, with wp and ip or any other auto this or that, and let everyone choose to allow or not allow in a match, any with a honor system being in place and have a ref or 2, as observers, to record and stream-cast, etc., and have a panel of players who can officiate post game, for any disqualifications, might work OK, for all practical purposes and intents.

Now, if we start playing for more than just virtual ribbons or trophies, and start having some sponsors, offering up swag prizes and more serious awards, that might attract a no holds barred approach player ethics, if not previously inherent..sure, we just use instant replay option on demand, for viewers and have a report player cheating button, so in game refs can observe some, and if ref, requests to check scripts directory, maybe have a required screen live program on standby for all players, to go to a penalty inspection live view, per referees discretion...to determine, if any rules are being violated, e.i., cheating, is occurring by any players.

I will be the first to confess, i use auto station mine and a few others, no waypoints anymore :D
  • I would consider. I don't have a lot of time though. :(
  • thanks, the more the merrier, even if can only play occasionally.
    Hoping can get 10 or so, by end of the year and start challenging everyone else to a pub v star once a month soon
  • Well, there's also that my graphics card is out atm.
  • Well, there's also that my graphics card is out atm.

don't need no $200 vid card to be in STAR.

You get it fixed... offer to clean use computer store for one 8)
  • I got a new PC now. GTX 1050. 2700 FPS in T2. I'm ready to fly mate.
  • cool, i think send correct player(you=rJay) invite earlier this morning, thanks!

Working on website to host matches and schedule scrims and all, etc., as we still need a few more to have a good 7vs7 of active players....

homer, carpenter and drdigitalSr, and a few others sent out invitations

Can accept and access clan roster here http://tribes2stats.com/browser/tribe.php?tid=201353
  • cool, i think send correct player(you=rJay) invite earlier this morning, thanks!

Working on website to host matches and schedule scrims and all, etc., as we still need a few more to have a good 7vs7 of active players....

homer, carpenter and drdigitalSr, and a few others sent out invitations

Can accept and access clan roster here http://tribes2stats.com/browser/tribe.php?tid=201353

Earth,
    Glad to see you guys putting together some matches. You might post some notes on discord. There is a large active crowd on there.
  • Still need a few more members to do a real formal challenge of any sorts, unless any clans or one, wants to challenge STAR! :)
  • edited September 2017
    I think its hard enough to get people together in the first place much less have a part of it split into a belligerent faction. I respect your ambition earth, and I'd love to support star. But getting people together in the first place so you actually have someone to play is much more important to me than individual needs of a specific group.

So plz, Give Ravin a break and just play the game with us.
  • I think its hard enough to get people together in the first place much less have a part of it split into a belligerent faction. I respect your ambition earth, and I'd love to support star. But getting people together in the first place so you actually have someone to play is much more important to me than individual needs of a specific group.

So plz, Give Ravin a break and just play the game with us.

Give Ravin a break?
    I sent an invite for Ravin to join STAR, already!
    :o

As far as having any more tourney's and/or clan matches, ..we'll see, damn sure not gettin any younger,
    If tribes ascend were to be shutdown by hirez, like they tribes2 was done, might see some returning vets and recruits show up.

Or, like have said from start, we pool together some kittie funds to attract gamers from all over and hold some events for cash and prizes, trophies and all, those seeking the glory and just like to have fun and be part of the event, as a ticket to a good concert these days is not getting any cheaper and lives streaming it and pulling it off in a way to bring more players back to the game and first timers...we would need more servers...and you might have some competition then.

Thanks for the support of STAR, as hope you mean it, as we for sure like to field a competition team for the special events...even if it is just STAR against the rest of the community, you know we always love a challenge!

8)