Tribes 2 Graphical Enhancements

Threw some stuff into T2 and got these results. Thought I'd show you guys here.

Still isn't perfect; Got to add/remove/change some settings, get the 2D OpenGL end to render, and just overall make it work.

Let me know what you guys think.

Google Drive Link:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B8QXhWKW20JUWEFHUE83M2JMUzA
EDIT: More pictures in this link. Take A look please.

Comments

• can you list the differences?

Obviously I notice a lot of extra fog
  • can you list the differences?

Obviously I notice a lot of extra fog
    Ambient Occulusion (AO)
    DoF Haze (Works better than real DoF)
    Ambient Lighting
    MXOA (The shading around the corners as seen in the new link I provided.)
    Some stuff to sharpen the textures (In a good way) and give it a more 'detailed' look.

Just to name a few off the top of my head.
  • looks pretty nice.

Kind regards,
    Mortiun
  • Interesting work. What sort of performance impact does it have and/or is it something that replaces the old DX 8.1 renderer entirely?
  • I've noticed that I sit between 50-60 FPS on my 970s in comparison to the previous 250-300 FPS. Looks great!
  • Threw some stuff into T2 and got these results. Thought I'd show you guys here.

Still isn't perfect; Got to add/remove/change some settings, get the 2D OpenGL end to render, and just overall make it work.

Let me know what you guys think.

Google Drive Link:
    https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B8QXhWKW20JUWEFHUE83M2JMUzA
    EDIT: More pictures in this link. Take A look please.

Can we get a re-up? Thanks
  • Could you please re-release this? Would really like to have this mod, but the links do not work.
  • Now that I've come back from the dead and reset several passwords after signing into my ancient email to see that I had been asked to re-release this...

That one should stay open for good, it's on the gmail I use on my phone. I think I used a defunct account to host the last one... That won't happen again here. I know AO won't work if you're playing online, but everything else works fine. Enjoy. (:

• I feel that this deserves a little bit of clarification since I never saw the plethora of comments here:

Does it replace the old DX 8.1 system?

No. ReShade is an overlaying program, it lays the graphical effects over the original rendering system, so you're effectively using two rendering systems at the same time working together. Iirc I installed it in OpenGL and routed T2 through that (since that's native T2 rendering afaik), meaning that while T2 was using OpenGL 1.4~ rendering, ReShade was taking advantage of the extensions from 4.3. This allows ReShade to work with a plethora of different games, one reason it's so appealing.

Performance impact?

Well, last time I used this I was running an RX 460 in Windows 7, which for me, I could get a speedy 60FPS with the ReShade profile I had applied. The system is completely open to modification by the user, so if you get bad framedrops, you can modify the configuration to lower/cut out shader options until you do get the desired frames. I run an RX 580 now, and I'd very highly doubt any frame loss unless I went crazy and cranked stuff like AO up to astronomical numbers. The readme file I provided in that link above details a bit of what I was running and so on (I believe JC's specs are in there too, can't remember).

• Brilliant! Thank you.

• @ZurkinWood497 I tried out this program, and it looks great! However, the default settings lag the game down to 15 fps, and the best minimal settings that I tried (without turning it off) puts it at about 20... My game usually runs at 100+ fps... am I doing something wrong? Could you possibly share the best settings?

Thanks

• Thanks bud. I'll give it a try.

• Interesting topic, thanks for posting this.

The original developers recommend distributing their website links instead of repackaging their work. Here's a link, try it out: https://reshade.me/

I've given it a try myself. I don't really like the default shaders, but I'm sure someone might enjoy tweaking everything. "Curves" is probably the only thing I'd enable, because I like oversaturation.

Earlier commenters mentioned they couldn't run the game at a good framerate - I think this may have been improved, because most of the shaders don't reduce my framerate. On the other hand, I'm using a 12GB 3060.

• @loop Just got back into T2 after a brief 2-year hietas, and tried this out with the newest version of ReShade.

I can confirm that your theory seems to be correct. While I had terrible frame rate with the original package, using the most up-to-date version of ReShade causes no slowdown.

I'd like to hear what your typical setup for this is! I still don't think I've found a combo of settings that I really like.