Why do a lot of people play in snap crackle pub server?What happened to tribes2?

edited September 2017 in General Discussion
Hi everyone, why do a lot of people play in snap crackle pub server? what is the good in that server? why don't a lot of people play in triumph 300 maps server it has a lot of weapons and every thing but snap crackle pub server doesn't allow all weapons, [mortar storm] weapon is banned on that server and a lot of weapons are banned too on the same server [Snap Crackle Pub].
What happened to Tribes2? Why do I see the servers empty? I only see bots most of the time, you all love Tribes2 right? then why don't I see a lot of people play the game every day? most of you downloaded the game and don't play much, why?
I am happy because every week [3, 4 , 2 people] register in this website.
I know that a lot of people don't play the game because the servers are empty it only have bots but if you all or most of you play this game every day you will find that the servers always full and every one will play the game much, don't you agree? don't you want the servers to be full?
who thinks that most of us or all of us should play the game every day?

Thank you.

Comments

• Very simple actually. With regard to the bot server most of those that are left in the game don't want to play with BOTS. We need a bigger challenge. We can have 10-20 any given evening in the USA. Have had great games the last few nights.
  • edited September 2017
    And why there is no people play in snap crackle pub [every day]? most of the days I see that server empty and why do you play only in the evening? Why do I see the server empty most of the days? Why can't the server always be full? even I never see it full, Why?
    Is not that server popular as some people say? then why is it empty most of the days?
    if a lot of people play in triumph 300 maps server full you won't find a lot of bots right?
    Sir, I am saying that the whole game is empty, I don't find a lot of people in the servers, that is what I mean. Not all the players mind playing with bots.
    I see a lot of people play on snap crackle pub server but not always or usually or sometimes.
    I know that you are an admin of snap crackle pub server so can you tell me why a lot of weapons are banned on snap crackle pub server? and why are some things banned? like the bunker and turrets and ... ETC

Thank you.
  • There is a small amount people playing because the game is 18 years old and most have moved on to other marriages.
    The Snap PUBS have all the weapons available that was originally made for the game.
    Tribes2 was meant to be modded. Mortar storm and nukes are are modded weapons not original to the game.
    Admin mods ban mortar turrets and base rape to accommodate small crowds to make the game more enjoyable.
    Just join when you see players and have fun. It is a great game when you learn how to play it well.
  • IDK what you mean by empty. Check in at 11 PM eastern time (US) and you'll see 10-20+ people on Snap Crackle Pub or Snap LAK Server. And I personally play both Classic and Triumph.
  • edited September 2017
    IDK what you mean by empty. Check in at 11 PM eastern time (US) and you'll see 10-20+ people on Snap Crackle Pub or Snap LAK Server. And I personally play both Classic and Triumph.
    When I say empty I mean no people, I never see you play in triumph server but I believe you.
    There is a small amount people playing because the game is 18 years old and most have moved on to other marriages.
    The Snap PUBS have all the weapons available that was originally made for the game.
    Tribes2 was meant to be modded. Mortar storm and nukes are are modded weapons not original to the game.
    Admin mods ban mortar turrets and base rape to accommodate small crowds to make the game more enjoyable.
    Just join when you see players and have fun. It is a great game when you learn how to play it well.
    Can you add all the original weapons and all the original things to snap crackle pub server please?
    And what do you mean when you say PUBS? What does PUBS word mean? really I don't know what you mean.
  • PUB means "public server" where random players can join.
    Snap LAK PUB, and Snap Crackle PUB both have all the original game elements and weapons with the exception of the Mortar turret. Nothing else is missing.
  • The players who frequent scp servers generally only want to play classic, not, for example, triumph or similar mods, with other people, not bots. There are a number of scp vets who do play there and enjoy triumph, but not many.
  • I do Triumph once or twice a week for an hour or more.
  • edited September 2017
    The players who frequent scp servers generally only want to play classic, not, for example, triumph or similar mods, with other people, not bots. There are a number of scp vets who do play there and enjoy triumph, but not many.
    Sir, total members: 13272, also snap crackle pub server is not always full I am saying I can't find a lot of people in the game and every week you find new members in the website however the game is still empty I mean you can't find full servers or a lot of people.
    PUB means "public server" where random players can join.
    Snap LAK PUB, and Snap Crackle PUB both have all the original game elements and weapons with the exception of the Mortar turret. Nothing else is missing.
    Do you mean only the turrets [which are big] are banned?
  • did not add all the servers, though you can manually add servers you want to monitor, using a server query program and keep an eye on tribes 2 action, in realtime, so not wasting any time, joining and looking around for players and finding where the action is at.

http://www.tribesnext.com/forum/index.php?topic=3978.msg28995#new
  • edited September 2017
    nvm
  • did not add all the servers, though you can manually add servers you want to monitor, using a server query program and keep an eye on tribes 2 action, in realtime, so not wasting any time, joining and looking around for players and finding where the action is at.

I think personally tho I am completely happy with tribesnext and having built in server query. I do not recommend alternatives as TribesNext is currently the easiest, nicest, and also the most supported atm.

I think personally tho I am completely happy with tribesnext and having built in server query. I do not recommend alternatives as TribesNext is currently the easiest, nicest, and also the most supported atm.

u may want to try it, before dishing it...as there is such a thing, as happier....

Unless you just leave tribes2next running all day and time and hit refresh constantly and do not use a buddy list, then sure you are fine...though sure is nice, to be able to have small window, can see buddies online and click on server and join, from desktop, when you see people on, without logging in and looking and seeing, no one is one and it sucks, as was a waste of time and if you just lurk in browser, maybe join server and do as observer be better, as it will attract more peeps, as no telling how many sit there like you and do not join server and just monitor them all, by using in game query.

The server query at maxOG is broke, does not show players name correct all the time and believe it needs refreshing too..manually..

Not sure why anyone would need support...as there is none for tribenext ingame query, is there?

Would try out the server query tool, as it works for quake and host of games and again code is all open and source and was thinking about adding a sound file to play, when a buddy joins, as it is nice with the little icon smilie face showing up on servers buddies are on, though really do not like looking to see, when have ears to hear.

u may want to try it, before dishing it...as there is such a thing, as happier....

Unless you just leave tribes2next running all day and time and hit refresh constantly and do not use a buddy list, then sure you are fine...though sure is nice, to be able to have small window, can see buddies online and click on server and join, from desktop, when you see people on, without logging in and looking and seeing, no one is one and it sucks, as was a waste of time and if you just lurk in browser, maybe join server and do as observer be better, as it will attract more peeps, as no telling how many sit there like you and do not join server and just monitor them all, by using in game query.

The server query at maxOG is broke, does not show players name correct all the time and believe it needs refreshing too..manually..

Not sure why anyone would need support...as there is none for tribenext ingame query, is there?

Would try out the server query tool, as it works for quake and host of games and again code is all open and source and was thinking about adding a sound file to play, when a buddy joins, as it is nice with the little icon smilie face showing up on servers buddies are on, though really do not like looking to see, when have ears to hear.

No, I am completely happy with TribesNext and will not recommend anything else in my config for new players.
    http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=688267
  • great, not sure anyone asked you add anything into your config.. :-*
  • edited September 2017
    I'm not sure I approve of promoting other master queries other than TribesNext at all, and certainly not on the TN forums. TN is the most secure and expertly put together of any of the post-Vivendi ones. I can't recommend any others for that reason. Not sure who collects or sees client info.
  • I'm not sure I approve of promoting other master queries other than TribesNext at all, and certainly not on the TN forums. TN is the most secure and expertly put together of any of the post-Vivendi ones. I can't recommend any others for that reason. Not sure who collects or sees client info.

tribesnext does not have master query, the maxOG one is in menu, has issues with showing server info details, and does not show players names correctly or blank info..

Maybe some one from tribesnext can commit on the security of the game query tool, as it does not have any call backs to 3rd party sites.

Information such as IP address would be available to master server and also the game server..though that information, is also shared while playing on a server and when you login with master server.

There are dozens of game server query tools, thyth recommend one, and qstats is another popular one.

This one has buddy list, is really only thing i like about it, as i am exploring several others and one that would run a cron job and send push notifications on certain events, more advance system.. though really like to find a company or field a company, to build something that could stand out, like gamespy or steam or even a discord functioning and more enhancements to help build larger gaming community platforms, that not just query all the game servers and buddies.
  • edited September 2017
    did not add all the servers, though you can manually add servers you want to monitor, using a server query program and keep an eye on tribes 2 action, in realtime, so not wasting any time, joining and looking around for players and finding where the action is at.

Thank you. So I should download this? https://www.redcoolmedia.net/html5-audio-editor/data/986430.png?service=redcoolmediaserver01
    Are you trying to revive Tribes 2? Making it get a lot of people and making the game famous? Is that what you want for Tribes 2?
    I read a lot of your topics.

Thank you. So I should download this? https://www.redcoolmedia.net/html5-audio-editor/data/986430.png?service=redcoolmediaserver01
    Are you trying to revive Tribes 2? Making it get a lot of people and making the game famous? Is that what you want for Tribes 2?
    I read a lot of your topics.

not sure about the download, yes, on trying to help get more people to play, though leave it to chocotaco to ruin it on the LAK server, as i cannot endorse it and think time we all move back to SCP, to avoid a piss poor admin, named ChocoTaco, who kicks players for grabbing the flag on his team, claiming he makes the rules and only he is allowed to grab the flag and cap..with server admin like that, advise not going to it, ever.

So, for sure will be more on SCP form here on out, as the LAK server is a no go, until Ravin can find an admin who is not a total jerk and selfish brat.
  • edited September 2017
    it is good that you are still supporting Tribes 2 after all those years but do you invite people only to snap crackle pub server? do you focus only on 1 server [Snap Crackle pub] or on all the servers? Do you focus on adding new servers?

Thank you.
  • it is good that you are still supporting Tribes 2 after all those years but do you invite people only to snap crackle pub server? do you focus only on 1 server [Snap Crackle pub] or on all the servers? Do you focus on adding new servers?

Thank you.

Right now, SCP is the only server, that does not have issues with the Administrators, as the other one, that we were starting to play on, has a rouge admin, who is a total jerk and acts like they own server and makes up rules, as the game is played.

Adding more servers may not be needed at this time, unless we have a big event....SCP is best server to fill up and play on, by far right now.

Can play LAK and CTF on SCP and if you want to play a mod sometime, let us know, maybe can rally and set a time for everyone to know when, as i know several like playing on the 3000 bot server mod server, though i do prefer to personally play with out bots.
  • I've got no problem with people playing on scp if that's what the community wants.
  • I've got no problem with people playing on scp if that's what the community wants.

Did not see anyone asking you, if you had a problem, with anywhere we all play...long as it is not any server you are administrator on, all good with me.
  • Sir, What did you mean when you said [3000 bot server mod server]?
  • sorry about that, bot abuse 300 maps server...has lot of modded weapons and play
  • You mean triumph 300 maps server, Ok.
  • yes, fun stuff!

Did not see anyone asking you, if you had a problem, with anywhere we all play...long as it is not any server you are administrator on, all good with me.
    earth, I've seen this unfolding the last couple of weeks. You have been the most aggressive and annoying to Choco and I never saw him kick for any reasons in-game. I saw him kick you because you don't know when to be quiet and because you have zero respect for authority. So please stop misleading people as to why he has done what he has. It's on you.

earth, I've seen this unfolding the last couple of weeks. You have been the most aggressive and annoying to Choco and I never saw him kick for any reasons in-game. I saw him kick you because you don't know when to be quiet and because you have zero respect for authority. So please stop misleading people as to why he has done what he has. It's on you.

Think you missed what happen, as you may want to read the debriefing memo, before you go spouting crap, about something you missed or were not there...

If taco is the authority of the server and makes up the rules, as the game goes along and kicks whomever, whenever pleases, and you think that is okay and if you think discussion on a server is onesided with only admin being the one, who gets to run the lip...good luck in your endeavors, as you missed what CT said and reasons why he kicked.

Since you claim you were there, go ahead and refresh our memory of the situation and what you think happened...as you were only there for a moment and missed 99% of it.