"Account Server is offline or is unreachable" - updated /issue fixed!

edited February 2009 in Support
Hey guys, been trying to load this game all day but I can't connect to the Account Server to save my life. Here are the steps and troubleshooting I've done so far:

1. Downloaded full 25034 version of Tribes 2. - installed
2. Downloaded Tribesnext Multi-player patch. -installed
3. Play? ----> Not so much.

Troubleshooting:
1. Read most of the forms about this common problem.
2. Decided to launch the game under "LAN game" and just join a server based on it's IP address from "View Servers" in the top left hand side of this screen you are looking at but interesting enough it acts like it's going to make the connection (and I actually hear parts of the game and voices) but then I get the message "Must have Tribesnext client support" or whatever to continue. Well, I have that already installed so I don't think that is the issue. :-\
3. Seeing how I can't get to the "Account Server" and I'm getting timeouts on the Goon Haven server I decided to look at the connection to the server instead. From the Desktop: Start > Run > "CMD" > "tracert 66.162.166.53:28000" (most popular Classic Online Server by GOON HAVEN) and the connection times out every time. I can see my connection going to the "Local Loop" per say and then hooping on a big pipe (probably a huge OC-192 or something) to Cali but then after it gets to the next local loop (where the server is physically located) and it timesout. The connection dies every time to the same point.
4. There are some authentication issues going on somewhere. Why can't I stay connected? Why can't I reach the "Account Server"? Why am I getting timeouts to the servers? These are my concerns right now.
5. I went ahead and checked another popular server by trying to join by IP address and that also was a "No-Go". This differently seems to be a networking issue.

Any help or suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated!!

My computer facts:
Zonealarm: -Turned off to rule out any firewall conflict ( noticed that in another posting)
Uninstall and reinstalled twice.
I'm cabled in a router - not wireless

Let me know your thoughts on this!!

-Brandon
aka "Zorak"

Follow up: Tribes 2 is up and running now. My problem was the CPU affinity thing, which I used the Imagecfg.exe to fix that issue. After that was correctly adjusted, I was able to see the Account Server and create a new account. Everything is running perfectly!

Thanks a lot for the help!

-Brandon

Comments

• Have you checked The FAQs?
    And, the auth server is up... Just poked it about thirty seconds ago.
    Decided to launch the game under "LAN game" and just join a server based on it's IP address from "View Servers" in the top left hand side of this screen you are looking at but interesting enough it acts like it's going to make the connection (and I actually hear parts of the game and voices) but then I get the message "Must have Tribesnext client support" or whatever to continue. Well, I have that already installed so I don't think that is the issue. :-\
    You do need to use the "online" mode to play with Tribes Next.
    There are some authentication issues going on somewhere. Why can't I stay connected? Why can't I reach the "Account Server"? Why am I getting timeouts to the servers? These are my concerns right now.
    You might try setting affinity (instructions), as this is a known cause for connectivity troubles with Tribes 2.