saying shazbot in real life.

So I was sitting around playing tribes and wondering what would happen if i started saying shazbot in real life. what if other people who dont play tribes started saying it and it just became a popular word? lets all say it and report any funny stories.

Comments

• I prefer to relay the great voice chat combinations.

"When will you offer some-- shazbot!"
    "Eat hot-- shazbot!"

Or the local favorite...
    "I am- QUIET!- Hi!" (read: quite)
  • It has happened several times; and each time I look around to see if anyone knows what it means. lol
  • edited February 2009
    I try not to. It sometimes (rarely) leaks out.
  • I say it in front of my fellow tribes mates all the time sometimes in public when I really wanna cuss and I can not.Another great word for you BSG fans is frak its a nice way to replace another four letter word.Thats right I said it mother frakers!
  • My three year old is learning it too. He's heard it on the computer when I've been playing.
  • I do, and most people my age immediately recognize the word from the old TV show Mork and Mindy. You know, Robin Williams?
  • you say vgcg-vgb while i say vgh.
  • Also call people noobs in real life too.
  • I prefer to relay the great voice chat combinations.

"When will you offer some-- shazbot!"
    "Eat hot-- shazbot!"

Or the local favorite...
    "I am- QUIET!- Hi!" (read: quite)
    some guy did:
    When will you-Eat my-Awesome-Shazbot?

and...

I make-Awesome-Shazbot!
  • It was retarded before they put it in the first game.
  • I do, and most people my age immediately recognize the word from the old TV show Mork and Mindy. You know, Robin Williams?
    I never saw that myself, but if I ever do I will be immediately thinking of Tribes any time he says it.
    I never saw that myself, but if I ever do I will be immediately thinking of Tribes any time he says it.

Yes, it's from Mork and Mindy... that was a crazy show!
  • since he is from another country you gotta wonder if ork from mork got his name from watching the old reruns of that show. ;D
  • My steamID is a pun of shazbot...
    Shazbox.
  • Yeah I say it sometimes, its a good replacement for shit.

I even had one girl I worked with who knew what it meant and she didn't play tribes.
  • Yes, it was from Mork and Mindy as stated already. People from that era (aka me) would be familiar with it, and it was popular to say at one point.

Not only do I say shazbot, but I also say the other sayings as well, in the voices. On occasion, when appropriate. I also immitate bugus bunny cartoons as well.

There is no hope for me. A brain is a terrible thing to waste.
  • I never. Also never actually try it and probally won't.
  • Also call people noobs in real life too.

My dear mother, 50 years or so old, refers to new hires to her company as newbies.
  • Nano Nano ;)
  • Lol, your mom is funny then.
  • "Stupid is as stupid dies" - is something I say when experiencing road rage.