can't run the game...

edited June 2010 in Support
I run the launcher then nothing happens..goes right back to desktop. here's the Dxdiag report.

Comments

• Did you happen to try running T2 in compatibility mode?
  • yeah I did...didn't work
  • Hi

You might try setting the resolution string in clientprefs.cs to:

$pref::Video::resolution = "1280 800 16";

make sure you save it

then if the game works you can go and set the colour depth to 32bit rather than the fugly 16bit
  • that didn't work
  • tried the faq?
  • Not sure if this will help you but on my Vista machine I had to set my taskbar to auto-hide so it would work.
  • edited July 2010
    none of those work. I'll be more specific. I'm running a 64 bit windows 7 on a 32bit 1525 Inspirion laptop with Chipset Type Mobile Intel GM965 Express. It originally came with windows vista.I didn't have a problem playing the game. A while later I installed the 32 bit windows 7 and at first I couldn't play the game, then I eventually was able to, about a week later. A month later I installed the 64 bit windows 7 on my 32 bit system and I can't play my game. I looked at the processes tab and saw tribes2.exe and ruby process running. I ran the checksum program recommended here and my game checks out fine. I checked the FAQ and no one had the similar experience I had. Please help. Once again when I start the game I hear that intro song but no screen and it's just blank so I have to alt con del to exit the game.
  • go back to 32 bit?
  • I forgot to mention my 32bit windows 7 OS is corrupted, which is a totally different story so I"m stuck with the 64 bit. :'(
  • This is likely a video card driver problem.