Anyone WiFi smart?

I have a Linksys WMP600n Wireless-N PCI Adapter with Dual-Band, and ever since I put this guy in I get random PC lag spikes(for lack of better words)

I have no idea whats going on, and I ran out of ideas lol
C:\Users\######>ping yahoo.com

Pinging yahoo.com [72.30.2.43] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 72.30.2.43: bytes=32 time=164ms TTL=51
Reply from 72.30.2.43: bytes=32 time=88ms TTL=51
Reply from 72.30.2.43: bytes=32 time=601ms TTL=51
Reply from 72.30.2.43: bytes=32 time=252ms TTL=51

Comments

• I am also on WiFi like you, but my adapter is not dual-band, sadly enough. I get the lag spikes, as well

However, I think the lag spikes are pretty much just one of those things that happens with wireless connections. I am not 100% sure about that, but it seems like it's just one of those things.

This is why I prefer my wires.
  • I'd absolutely LOVE to have wires. But what can I ask my landlord lol. But when your wifi spikes, does your pc lag with it? My music, mouse, computer temp freezes for 1 to 1/2 second when my wifi spikes ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
  • You said you just put this new adapter in, what were you using before?

Are you running the wireless management software that came with the wireless NIC or are you relying on Windows Wireless Zero Configuration Service (yuck)?
  • edited October 2010
    I have a Linksys WMP600n Wireless-N PCI Adapter with Dual-Band, and ever since I put this guy in I get random PC lag spikes(for lack of better words)

I have no idea whats going on, and I ran out of ideas lol
    C:\Users\######>ping yahoo.com

Pinging yahoo.com [72.30.2.43] with 32 bytes of data:
    Reply from 72.30.2.43: bytes=32 time=164ms TTL=51
    Reply from 72.30.2.43: bytes=32 time=88ms TTL=51
    Reply from 72.30.2.43: bytes=32 time=601ms TTL=51
    Reply from 72.30.2.43: bytes=32 time=252ms TTL=51

Ping your router. Default 192.168.1.1 on Linksys products. If you have 10ms ping then it's not your wireless problem. If you get high ping just to your router then it is a wireless problem. Could be caused by many things. Distance from the router, if you have wireless phones near by, if other people are using routers on the same channel, is there metal between the router and adapter, etc...

I too get lag spikes. My game will freeze for just a second or two, but that is enough to get me killed. It happens on every game I play (I am wireless).
  • also make sure your broadcast channel is different than your surrounding routers in your area. The best channels to use are 1, 6, and 11 because their frequencies do not overlap (says Google.) Having different routers on the same channels can cause issues with dropped data packets (which could result in lag spikes...)
  • Hi
    I would pitch the wifi card and get a router that you can install ddwrt on and then put it in client mode.