Can't see list of servers

Alright I've been all over this forum trying to find some information that might help me out, but I've found nothing.
So, I recently installed Tribes 2 from the website and installed the patch. Whenever I install the patch two or three DLLs do not exist and I'm giving the option to abort, ignore or retry. I decided to ignore this problem. When I load up Tribes 2 via the Online shortcut, I login and go to the join tab. Once there I click refresh list and nothing happens. I've set my filter to show all servers and still nothing happens. However, if I press INSERT and enter in an IP I can load up and connect to any server. My problem isn't a connection issue. I can connect and play without and sort of trouble. However the only way to continually see certain servers is through selecting them as Favorites. This somehow prompts my computer to save them. Could someone please help me?
Oh and I'm running on XP with service pack 2
Thanks

Comments

• Alright I've been all over this forum trying to find some information that might help me out, but I've found nothing.
    So, I recently installed Tribes 2 from the website and installed the patch. Whenever I install the patch two or three DLLs do not exist and I'm giving the option to abort, ignore or retry. I decided to ignore this problem. When I load up Tribes 2 via the Online shortcut, I login and go to the join tab. Once there I click refresh list and nothing happens. I've set my filter to show all servers and still nothing happens. However, if I press INSERT and enter in an IP I can load up and connect to any server. My problem isn't a connection issue. I can connect and play without and sort of trouble. However the only way to continually see certain servers is through selecting them as Favorites. This somehow prompts my computer to save them. Could someone please help me?
    Oh and I'm running on XP with service pack 2
    Thanks

I think the problem is that the DLL's are missing.
  • Have you checked the FAQs?
  • How would I get those DLLs then? I've re-installed I couple of times now and still I'm having this problem.
    And Turkeh, I've been all over your FAQs and I've been to the listing of the servers. All that came up was a bunch of IPs. I'm unsure as to whether those are supposed to show up in some sort of format though. I actually sent you a message about this awhile ago but you never responded.
  • The errors you get aren't that they don't exist, but that they are in use. Open up your task manager (Ctrl-Shift-Esc) and click "Processes", then find and end all instances of "rubyintersect.dll", and you shouldn't have any trouble re-installing or updating the patch if need be.
    However, the server listing does not have anything to do with these DLLs. Failure to retrieve the list is almost always caused by an antivirus program blocking the traffic as mentioned in the FAQ entry, but there has been some debugging and a possible fix should be in a mini update sometime this weekend. If you think this fix might benefit you before this is up, you can send me a message on here or IRC to get a work-in-progress package.