Shazam!

Heya Howdy High! Been kinda slow at work... managed to get a few games around lunchtime (California) the last week or so. Been having an awesome fun time running a non-scripted configuration. Reminds me of when T2 was just released.

Today I popped into Goonsville while one of my favorite maps was running, Rollercoaster. A map that our team from Tribes days gone by, practiced endlessly. First spawn at the vehicle station right next to an Portable Inventory station, suited up, grabbed a Shrike, made the backway to the enemy flag. Hadn't flown a shrike in quite the while, matter of fact, can only play this game online at work... Figured I try grab, totally expecting to botch it up completely or get totally enialated tring. :mrgreen: Ejected from the craft, skipped down into the chaotic enemy flag zone, snagged the flag, skipped out and into the waiting shrike on the other side of the structure, flew back home and planted the flag.
:!: I couldn't believe what I just did... :!:
Hadn't done that maneuver for a few years. ...took many attempts to perfect. Managed to pull it off on a whim in a populated public server. Made me laff. :D

Thanks TribesNext and GoonHaven dudes.

Comments

• Hi!
    Ok, so you can cap with a vehicle. Can you do it without? Can you do it without disking yourself to 400kph down a mountain on the far side of the enemy flag from yours? Zen comes from fighting your way in and fighting your way out with their goods.
  • Hi!
    Ok, so you can cap with a vehicle. Can you do it without? Can you do it without disking yourself to 400kph down a mountain on the far side of the enemy flag from yours? Zen comes from fighting your way in and fighting your way out with their goods.

Your comment on his happy moment was uncalled for. The attitude that you have toward his post is exactly why I want this game to die completely and as soon as possible. Along with Red Shifter, Teratos, and others in the same trash bin, you have kept new people from enjoying the game and old players from returning. You people don't deserve a game, let alone a great game like T2 that you've run into the ground.

No reply needed, nor is your horribly negative presence.
  • Hi!

Your comment on his happy moment was uncalled for. The attitude that you have toward his post is exactly why I want this game to die completely and as soon as possible. Along with Red Shifter, Teratos, and others in the same trash bin, you have kept new people from enjoying the game and old players from returning. You people don't deserve a game, let alone a great game like T2 that you've run into the ground.

Your name drop is uncalled for. The attitude you have taken towards people that try to help out newer players is exactly why I want you to leave completely and as soon as possible. Along with blindkilla, WarLovR, lonewolf, Badazz, and others in the same trash bin, you have poisoned Tribes 2 and kept new players from ever learning how to better themselves at the game. People like you deserve a different game - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.
  • Hi!

You need to do some fact checking. I've done more for this community than you and so has Red Shifter. What exactly have you contributed? Anything?

I've helped countless people, I host files, I've admin-ed various servers.

Disliking a few people that are actively harming T2 doesn't make me a negative person. You need to step back and think things over again.
  • i just asked a question, it wasnt an accusation or bait

just because you think someone is implying something doesnt make it true
  • Ignore Vegeta, he plays Renegades. In other words, he doesn't even like Tribes 2 enough to play a mod that's anything remotely like the original gameplay, and he is bitching at other people for ruining it.
  • edited March 2010
    Zen comes from fighting your way in and fighting your way out with their goods.
    Not looking for Zen Blakhart. Was just sharing a moment of personal triumph that I hadn't felt with this game in a long time. The last few weeks that I've been able to play has been very enjoying, and that's beside the fact that it was in a public server with hardly any team cooperation. A majority of my enjoyment with this game comes from playing in a competetive closed server setting way back in the day. I feel fortunate to be able to jump into a pub game once in a while and have a good time.
    Ok, so you can cap with a vehicle. Can you do it without? Can you do it without disking yourself to 400kph down a mountain on the far side of the enemy flag from yours?
    Maybe not everytime, or consistantly to be, how do they sphiel it, L33t. ;D My focus with the game is not towards being the FlagCap dude. ...and to answer the last part of your question, I'll flash back a few days to when I got into the Goon server on a map that I had never played. At the start of the match I headed towards the enemy flag, snagged and returned it to the vicinity of our freindly base. In SPAWN armor. By that time, the enemy had caught up and a fierce fire fight ensued. I got wacked and I believe the enemy flag was returned. So yeah, I can.

Why is it that a majority of the threads in this forum degrade into flame session?
  • im not flaming you, just asking a question, and its all good as long as youre having fun
  • Hi!

Your name drop is uncalled for. The attitude you have taken towards people that try to help out newer players is exactly why I want you to leave completely and as soon as possible. Along with blindkilla, WarLovR, lonewolf, Badazz, and others in the same trash bin, you have poisoned Tribes 2 and kept new players from ever learning how to better themselves at the game. People like you deserve a different game - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.
    You ask people not to drop names and you do lol typical hypocrite.you say "I want you to leave completely and as soon as possible" thats helping? I dont care how many files you have hosted its your attitude that turns people away.funny you cry foul when you do the very thing all the time.
  • edited March 2010
    Ignore Vegeta, he plays Renegades. In other words, he doesn't even like Tribes 2 enough to play a mod that's anything remotely like the original gameplay, and he is bitching at other people for ruining it.
    so what he plays a mod so do you. classic is a mod see just as I have said before anybody that plays another way or different way you attack or put down ::).Thanks for proving me right again I guess you cant help yourself can you.
  • Hi!

You need to do some fact checking. I've done more for this community than you and so has Red Shifter. What exactly have you contributed? Anything?

Disliking a few people that are actively harming T2 doesn't make me a negative person. You need to step back and think things over again.
    Hi!

Same thing with you so you host a few files an admin-ed a few servers.You want a cookie or something?You also have put down and talked crap about other people who have put up new servers and people that arent playing the same mod you are. I think you actually feel your so important to this community it gives you the right to be a dick hate to break it to you your not.
  • Seriously, You people, This forum is almost the equivalent of the now dead Revo League forums for T:V, Where everyone bitched an moaned and held fucking hax huntz, and you all reallly want to go down that road do you? A future were goons will only get 8 players once every two hours and we will only have 5 servers up, only one which is ever populated. We would all appreciate it if you all shut up and tried reviving this game, kthx.

Btw Roach, You ever gonna finish that bomber skin?
  • Ignore Vegeta, he plays Renegades. In other words, he doesn't even like Tribes 2 enough to play a mod that's anything remotely like the original gameplay, and he is bitching at other people for ruining it.
    so what he plays a mod so do you. classic is a mod see just as I have said before anybody that plays another way or different way you attack or put down ::).Thanks for proving me right again I guess you cant help yourself can you.
    Just as predicted, a backwoods retard comes into the thread and tries to draw a parallel using my statement. I bet he worked real hard on that one too, LOL. Why don't you reread this thread a few times and see if you can find what you missed?
  • There was a parallel thread exactly like this one on Goon Haven. It turned into talk about people that were around when it happened, watching it happen. There was also some random discussion about his skin and stuff. Very constructive compared to what happened here.

This all started with Blakhart, someone I don't know, who doesn't hang around #lastgasp, who is probably a base player if I had to guess. Someone I know who used to be in a tribe with him basically confirmed it. He comes off slightly as an asshole, but people like Vegeta had to go off on a tirade and assign blame to random people, starting off this whole retarded flamefest.

Meanwhile, most of the real elite players try to help people out and encourage new players to do useful things. Getting a cap is always something to encourage, though I'd like to see it done without a shrike eventually. I'm kinda sorry that a thread like this had to be turned to shit by people who don't even play anymore.
    Just as predicted, a backwoods retard comes into the thread and tries to draw a parallel using my statement. I bet he worked real hard on that one too, LOL. Why don't you reread this thread a few times and see if you can find what you missed?
    actually its pretty easy making you look like a moron.I dont have to do anything at all you do it so well by yourself. HA HA this game really is in a sad state of affairs if any of you guys think your elite players lmao.Dont blame blakhart you had a great deal to do with turning this thread into crap which is unfortunate.I probably never would have said a thing in either but you tools wanna bring up my name.Wait thats wrong I mean Online Jerk = Krymore well thats just to easy.
  • Why don't you reread this thread a few times and see if you can find what you missed?
  • There was a parallel thread exactly like this one on Goon Haven. It turned into talk about people that were around when it happened, watching it happen. There was also some random discussion about his skin and stuff. Very constructive compared to what happened here.

This all started with Blakhart, someone I don't know, who doesn't hang around #lastgasp, who is probably a base player if I had to guess. Someone I know who used to be in a tribe with him basically confirmed it. He comes off slightly as an asshole, but people like Vegeta had to go off on a tirade and assign blame to random people, starting off this whole retarded flamefest.

Meanwhile, most of the real elite players try to help people out and encourage new players to do useful things. Getting a cap is always something to encourage, though I'd like to see it done without a shrike eventually. I'm kinda sorry that a thread like this had to be turned to shit by people who don't even play anymore.

LOL!
    na im really an ultra player at heart but do not mind a classic game because its fun

as to being guilty of assholery, let everyone make up their own mind with no trouble from me
  • edited March 2010
    Damn... everyone needs to chill the fuck out.... ::)
    im not flaming you, just asking a question, and its all good as long as youre having fun
    Didn't say you were flaming me, and I answered yer question. However, your initial comments/questions came off as sortta like, "Yeah, so what. That ain't nothin unless ya can do it this or that way..." Kinda came off to me as a taunt.
    There was a parallel thread exactly like this one on Goon Haven. It turned into talk about people that were around when it happened, watching it happen. There was also some random discussion about his skin and stuff. Very constructive compared to what happened here.

Thanks for the backup ther Red. Although I'm not taking sides in the name flamming part of this disscussion as is not the original intent of the thread. Yeah, it's a bummer to have people stomp all over a thread 'cuz they have their panties in a wad.

So, here's a feable attempt to get this back on topic...
    Btw Roach, You ever gonna finish that bomber skin?
    Was sorting through my old computer the other day looking for all my T2 files and such. Will post up when it's completed.
  • edited March 2010
    This thread needs moar beastie boys. It's in the thread title after all

• I was thinkin' more along this line.... ;D
    shazam2-09.jpg
  • I was thinkin' more along this line.... ;D
    shazam2-09.jpg
    HA HA I remember that show when I was a kid nice one looks like shazam has been blazzing a few in this picture look at all that smoke daaaaauuummm!