skin unlock script

say i wanted a bot skin...i ripped it from the game and the original name was 'a.lrobot_512' and i renamed it to 'a.lmale' it would not show up for other players though the texture is included in the game, so like a bot voice unlocker script could all the skins in the games files be 'unlocked' so they can see me with the actual skin and dont require a download?

Comments

• if the other clients have a skin file called 'a.lmale' then they will see that skin. Server's communicating skins are compared using their filenames, so having two skins that look the same, but have different filenames will not work correctly...

I know there is a way to actually use the bot skins as is... it'll take me some time to look them up.
  • ok. by the way im using the ones with _512 on the end as they are better quality
  • edited December 2011
    Bot Voice Unlock (Read README)
    Bot Skins (And more) (Bot skin is 8th post, read the README; also, you should download the 1.2GB file that holds ALL the skins almost ever made...)

EDIT: Please note that the bot skins are the skins directly PULLED from the game.

Hi Res Skin Installer: http://www.fileplanet.com/58995/50000/fileinfo/High-Resolution-Skin-Installer
  • listen to me, i PULLED MY BOT SKINS directly from the game. i SWEAR its possible to script a script that 'unlocks' the bots skins as ive played on KRYPTON CONSTRUCT LIVE and yeah, everyone had bot skins with no downloads. i dont want to download a 1.2 GB file. it takes forever...scripts are way easier and i already used bot voice unlocker script...
  • edited December 2011
    listen to me, i PULLED MY BOT SKINS directly from the game.
    Even if you did pull them, please refer to my first post. Skins are recognized by filename, not content.
    i SWEAR its possible to script a script that 'unlocks' the bots skins as ive played on KRYPTON CONSTRUCT LIVE and yeah, everyone had bot skins with no downloads.
    This is because the server itself set everyone's skins to a bot skin. This is possible within the configuration of the server.
    i dont want to download a 1.2 GB file. it takes forever...
    I would strongly suggest you download this pack if you want to see everyone in their skin. Most T2 players have this pack, so picking a skin from this pack (which also has the bot skins), you have a very good chance that people will see your skin.
    scripts are way easier and i already used bot voice unlocker script...
    I have searched on all the archived script site's and have yet to find a 'bot unlocker script'. Why is that? Well look at server.cs (Line 756):
    // Make sure that the connecting client is not trying to use a bot skin:
    %temp = detag( %skin );
    if ( %temp $= "basebot" || %temp $= "basebbot" )
        %client.skin = addTaggedString( "base" );
    else
        %client.skin = addTaggedString( %skin );

This code makes sure you are not using a bot skin that is used from the game. To circumvent that, we make a 'new skin' that happens to have the same image as a bot skin. But since everyone probably will do this and skins are based on filenames, that means everyone should have the same filename for their bot skin so we can all see each other in the correct skin. How can we be this organized?? Simple. A skin pack. Hopefully this answers your question on why there is no 'bot skin script unlocker'!!

To download 'pieces' of the 1.2GB skin file, look here
  • let me guess, those bot skins are named infernobot and stormbot?
    if so THOSE ARENT THE 512 ONES THEY ARE NON-HD LOW QUALITY ONES WTF!!i cant find bot skins when looking through those skins