Do you like to play on classic maps?

Just wanted to see what you all thought. Personally, i don't like playing on the old maps: They were made for the old game and work best there.

When I play tribes 2, I want a map that fits 60 players!

Comments

• Just wanted to see what you all thought. Personally, i don't like playing on the old maps: They were made for the old game and work best there.

When I play tribes 2, I want a map that fits 60 players!

I prefer a good mix of small and large gameplay. You can never really have both in the same server though, oh well, great poll anyway.
  • Tribes has some great maps, and then it has some maps that make me wonder what on earth someone was thinking when they made it. Just about every map that utterly randomly has massive underground tunnel systems for the bases fits into that category for me.

Now I'm not saying I don't love those impossible to police tunnels to pieces when I'm doing a cloak run on the gens but more than once I've just given up trying to get out again and suicided.
  • Always loved the classic maps, use to play on them all the time on t1.
  • Tribes has some great maps, and then it has some maps that make me wonder what on earth someone was thinking when they made it. Just about every map that utterly randomly has massive underground tunnel systems for the bases fits into that category for me.

Now I'm not saying I don't love those impossible to police tunnels to pieces when I'm doing a cloak run on the gens but more than once I've just given up trying to get out again and suicided.

I think the guys who make those maps are actually human sized moles.

But why not play those in T1? They work far better on T1 than T2.

not really. most of the good t1 competition maps transfer quite easily over to t2

not really. most of the good t1 competition maps transfer quite easily over to t2
    agreed.
  • Maybe I just got bored of them, having only T1 for the past 3 years!
  • Don't get me wrong I love the classic maps, but they are over played. DX must be played 10 times a day on branzone.
  • I think they're good for Classic and T1-style competition.
  • I still enjoy them but not as much as I used to but its good to have a few classic maps in a map rotation.