Account Server offline?

I haven't seen it online in the last couple days when I come home and try to make an account. Is it something I'm doing wrong on my end? or am I just having a bit of bad luck being on at the right time...

Comments

• The account server has been operational since our post-bug-fix reactivation on the 4th nearly continually. Though, we did run into a massive overload of all database connected web services on this site from the overwhelming number of users, earlier today.

You might be having bad luck, or you could be running into some sort of firewall issue on your computer. There were a couple of people with ZoneAlarm who were unable to connect to any of the TCP based network functionality in the patch.
  • I don't have any firewalls causing issues. is there a port I should forward?
  • You weren't alone. I found the link to TribesNext on Kotaku, tried to login the last, Ohhhhh, 2 days... Nothing.

Then I tried just 20 minutes ago, worked like a charm. So do the forums, thus it was a server side issue.
  • well... to add to this, my laptop found the account server online, my desktop did not.

laptop is running vista 64 and the desktop is running xp 64, dunno if that makes a difference, but it sure would be handy to be able to play on my desktop as well...

any good guesses as to what the deal is?
  • What file does one need to copy from an authorised system to another to enable that account?
  • To move your existing key from one computer to another, you'll need to copy two files: "public.store" and "private.store", both located in GameData.

If your other computer already has another account installed, you'll have to manually copy the lines with your account info from one file to the other (on a blank line), or use the retrieve account option.
  • Is there a way to create an account through the website or does it have to be in-game only? I keep getting the "account server offline" message also. I was one of the many that heard about your website through Kotaku. I have been trying since yesterday and still no luck. Should I forward any ports? Thanks in advance
  • You may only create an account in-game only. You shouldn't have to forward any ports. Just make sure your personal firewall isn't blocking the program and that you have a good internet connection.
  • and if you've got both? what then?
  • The account server isn't offline, but a few people have reported issues retrieving the location from the server. I'll be doing some testing and looking into this tomorrow afternoon (PST) on IRC, so if you're having trouble connecting and it is something immediately fixable on our end, there should be an update in the evening. Sorry for any delays!
  • Yes same problem here, it was online when i first installed but then some error occurred, so i decided to try again later. It hasn't been working since :( I tried reinstalling and everything, and still no dice. Hopefully you guys find the problem :) im really looking forward to playing this game!! :):)
  • I just installed it and I'm having the same problem.

;_;
  • edited January 2009
    Same issue here I think.

No firewall, connected to NAT router.

'Step 1/3 Account Server Status' Fails.

'The account server is OFFLINE or unreachable.'

The client is trying to connect to x84-5-128.vpn.umn.edu [134.84.5.128], which doesn't respond to pings.

When I tracert the ip, i get the attached result.

Thanks in advance!
  • Same issue here too.
  • Having the same problems, using vista 64, good connection, no firewall.
  • hey guys! are you running PeerGuardian 2??? If so THATS whats blocking it!
    You gotta wait till you see a Univeristy of Minnisota IP blocked and add that to Perm allow..
    Hope this helps, if you don't have PG2 well... sucks :\
  • Nope< I have no idea what PeerGuardian 2 is.
  • I have an account, created last week or so, and wanted to make a new one. Same system, same router, can't see the auth server. What's going on?
  • Nope. I did end up transferring the account files from one computer to the next and that allows me to login, but I can't create an account on one of them because it can't see the account server and the other can.
  • I'm getting the same thing here, let me know what you need for troubleshooting.
  • Oops. Looks like the authentication server was assigned a new address around 4 AM PST. I have placed the new address in the acquisition page, and you should be able to do account operations now.
  • Woohoo, thanks! :D
  • Yeah, thanks a bunch! Got right in, Woooooooooo
  • I just installed on my work computer and cannot retrieve the account I set up at home last night.

Additionally, when I go to "Create New Account" the notification I receive says the server is Offline.
  • Oops. Looks like the authentication server was assigned a new address around 4 AM PST. I have placed the new address in the acquisition page, and you should be able to do account operations now.

It was showing up as "offline" even before this change occurred. I've found away around my problem because I have a laptop that was able to see the account server. The desktop still thought it was offline, so I transferred the .store files and it lets me log on using the account created on my laptop.
  • It's up and working for me now, thanks for the fix!
  • I had the same problem and I have changed affinity (amd opteron dual core) to one core. That fixed it and server is online.
  • I am having this issue. ("The account server is OFFLINE or unreachable.")
    I am behind a NAT router. I do not have a software firewall.
  • Try forwarding a few ports (you'll have to ask about which ones to forward).