Tribes 2 Veterans

Comments

• edited April 2009
    [/quote]
    I remember Necro... I was finally let into Houston Vehicles (clan) around the time Miami Vehicles was getting large. Any HVers or MVers out there? The last time I logged in and played some online CTF was middle of last year (2008). I had heard about the T1 server plugs being pulled but I wasn't aware that they nixed the T2 servers. Thank God for all the hard core peeps at TribesNext. I will donate as soon as I get a few extra dollars. -Kiele
    still alot of HV out there including me/terranova,sexy aphrodite,pocky,and many more plenty of mv and ewo also.
  • Bow down before your master!! This is Hydro Bear. Origional member of Golden Circle. I'm thinking about getting back into Tribes, been a while, but damn it was fun.. Where is my DonkeyBalls????
  • ......You're all just complicated bots.
  • guess i should post in thread...

playin since t1beta. t1 mostly renegades, t2 base, and yes tv. been running MIG clan for last 4-5yrs. as most all tribes clans, activity near dead atm. hopefully this t2 revival will continue, 'n ill get a comp team up 'n runnin again.

oh, hi BC guys ;)

-moto
  • I played tribes1 a bit right before T2 came out and played T2 till the end.

It was a bit odd when I got into tribesnext, my skills were non-existent, I used to be great with the shrike, cloak, flag grabbing, and it just wasn't there.. and all of a sudden in the middle of a game, like some type of zen like trance, I got my groove back and it was just like old days.

Anyone have something similar happen to them?
  • I started out playing classic and base back in 2001. Then got into Renegades and played that for a couple of years till real life kicked in. Now I back playing classic. Just playing for the amusement and maybe at some point some competitive action once things get in order !
  • est. june '01

:]
  • I played T2 from 2002 till 2004.And now im back but ive really lost my skills. Gotta get them back :)
  • I played tribes1 a bit right before T2 came out and played T2 till the end.

It was a bit odd when I got into tribesnext, my skills were non-existent, I used to be great with the shrike, cloak, flag grabbing, and it just wasn't there.. and all of a sudden in the middle of a game, like some type of zen like trance, I got my groove back and it was just like old days.

Anyone have something similar happen to them?

I came back to play on the "alternate master server" when there wasn't even half as many people playing and pretty much is was arena or rebels v2 katabatic. Everyone was insanely good (cept on v2 rebels) so I repeatedly got my ass handed to me playin arena. Eventually I remembered how to move and MA but it took some months, still not as good as I used to be, sadly don't think I will be again.
  • Started out with Tribes 1, mostly played the HaVoC mod. Logged a LOT of hours in on that game, joined a clan, did some ladder comps. Moved to T2 as soon as it came out (still have the original box, even), and played under the name Giacomo.

That name rings a bell! Same here, I played Havoc allot - my brother(MrBook) and I were pretty big bug finders (we were always messing around). I really liked Havoc 1.13 for Tribes 2 -> Dev was a damn good scripter! If I can get this game playable for myself, I may run a Havoc server under wine on a Linux box.
  • Used to be a Tribesman (Vet) back in the day... when it came out played for a year or 2 and found no competition so I quit and moved on to the cookie cutter battlefield games as they are today.

Question: What was that mod that had the forcefields? You could put a piece down on the ground (a little beacon looking thing) and another one across from it, and they would connect and make a shield or forcefield between the 2 points. It was a really cool mod and I liked to play defense a lot w/ it. Anyone remember that one?

Also holla if you played on the Houston Vehicles server... I was in that clan for a while can't seem to remember my name I think it was |HV| Shinitii but could have been diff as i was a bit younger then.

Glad to see this game up and running again! Hopefully we can revive it still a sweet ass game!
  • I've been playing Tribes ever since it was just called Earthsiege. All of their games are fun.

I think T1 was called 'Starsiege Tribes' back then, 1997 it came out if I remember right ... gosh that does bring back memories. Well hello all. I'm yet to find any T1&2 african vets posting here, but if I be the first *twit* to do so, then cool. After vetting T1 at home for a couple of years, I lived in London and played for over 7 years, mainly on the UK and Euro servers up until about 2 years ago, so was not even aware they had switched off the 'big' server. There were a few good US servers I visited often, having especially fond memories of intercontinental matches, this way before the days of teamspeak. Glad to see there is still a community, and I have missed both the game and it. Still downloading the game off the UK mirror, but not convinced I will have a decent ping on any server I join as I do happen to be in the arse-end of the world, however, I am on undersea CAT3, so I be optimistic :)

If any UK or EURO boys here remember my tags, shout me up. peace.
  • Been playing Tribes since the start but the only group I joined was DMM (aka Diamond Multi Media) who hosted about 2 dozen servers. They hosted every MOD that came out at the time. Was always fun watching a whole team go ape everytime VEGASMARINE popped in a server and handed everyone their jetpack.

Played into T2 and watched TV fall off the edge of the internet, I finally dropped out.

2 kids later I wandered back wondering where everything went. So glad to see Tribes is still standing on the hill.
  • So glad to see Tribes is still standing on the hill.

An early-days sketch I sent the gamedev boys @Sierra, once they had taken over the Starsiege project, which later became known as T2, the best game ever. "our flag is secure' - was delighted when they transformed the concept into that iconic cut-scene intro for T2, that will forever be burned into our minds just as those disks were scorched into our hearts, an those frag granades an mortars blew the shit outta our homes - RIP you bloody gen campers ;)
    • GREEN33.JPG
  • RUFUS!!!!!

Damn nice to see another Horseman around!

I didn't stay for a lot of the ladder stuff, I was mostly playing for the teamwork we had.

Do you remember Osdabomb and Unkafucker?

Have to say that no game has ever come close to the fun we had in Tribes and Tribes 2.

Yes, "The flag is SECURE" cut scene had us so stoaked waiting for T2 to be released.

Miss the good old days on the Houston Vehicles server and like I said in another post, the Massive servers that the UW Madison used to run.

I'm stuck in Malaysia with horrible wi-fi at the moment, so when I get to jump on the lag is going to be horrid. But I'm with the rest of ya'll, lets get this game rocking again!

;D
  • ...errr ... wha?/profesor farnsworth
  • Veteran here :) Owl101 was my handle then and still is. Bin playing since release in 2001 til around mid 2004. I played on the South African servers cause our bandwidth to the rest of the world like using string as network cabling :P

Good time and good memories and definately the best game ever imho. Gettin back to it is gonna be painful as I'm pretty sure my skills are rusted and fragile, but like my attitude was then, persistence pays off, enjoy the awesome game that it is and above all else, have fun! :D after all, death is only temporary :P
  • Hallo! Dunno if anyone remembers me but I played T2 for a couple of years, it's been so long I don't remember.

Anywho, downloading it now and hoping to get on soon! Hope nobody took my user name lol.
  • So i decided to google Tribes for the heck of it and loooky what I found, omg i havent played this game in like 2 or 3 years.....im downloading it now just wanted to swing by and say hallo!
  • Another Vet checking in - I played Ninjamod for 3 or 4 years (I'm fuzzy on exactly how long, there were many, many late nights). I was Defense Captain on the team Dogs of War, with Skyshroud/Vegeta as my right hand guy.

On of our claims to fame was when DoW scrimmed against FireNinjas, and their team captain Agrippa used the vgaz exploit to drop a mortar round through Skyshrouds forcefield near our flag (I was on the other side of the forcefield trying to capture a screenshot) which somebody ended up talking about (and I found years later, thinking wow, I'm almost famous, lol) here: http://everything2.com/title/VGAZ%2520cheat. In the article, whoever posted it says the vgaz led to NinjaMods death, but that's debatable, I think the mod was still doing pretty well the death patch was released.
  • Wouldn't precisely call me a Vet. After all I'm usually the guy in kata that kept getting chunk'd by mortar spam while trying to keep the turrets up and running. Used the same name in tribes as I do here, TribalOutpost, Tribes2 Maps, and advanced mod forums. If anyone's seen Doctor Pimento or Starstriker around I used to hang out with them sporadically.

...I still want to blow SS's face off for running me over with the shrike. i mean c'mon, 'lawnmower' isn't exactly in the vehicle's description.
  • ScotsWarrior (SoH) Long ago i played this then for some unknown reason it all stopped workiing ??? Now it's back an I'll fire in and have a look see been a while sinse i played forgot 90% of the buttons now lol.Now playing as Chibber. Woof thx for the link but i may regret it them bots r damn sneaky now :o
  • HEY! wow Tribes2 still has life, awsome! I been gone waaaay waaay to long. I cant say i was a vet at playing the game but more making maps for it, like my Tron maps i made, and others with my friend TribalMa5ter....years ago., lol wow...anyway Hi all who remember me and hope to see ya online soon! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
  • I'm a T2 Vet, playing since the days when T2 first ever came out in the UK. Used to mainly play on Houston Vehicles, was there when it shut down and Miami Vehicles arose, and then played until Sierra shut the whole thing down. I used to be a bit of a trouble maker, but as I have grown up since then I am now much much much calmer than I was.

Never had T1, and haven't really ever played it to be honest, so I know I'm not the hardcorest of the hardcore vets, but I'm still old skool :)
  • "I used to be a bit of a trouble maker, but as I have grown up since then I am now much much much calmer than I was."

Don't worry, your old place is being filled by a few new morons.
  • I don't know if I would call myself a vet. I started playing in 2004 or so, but I only ever played demo until TN came out. I've gotten much better since then, but I'm still not a very well-rounded player. In Demo, after a while most of the playerbase either left or switched to full, so toward the end the only thing we ever did was dueling. The net result is that I'm pretty good at dueling, but when I started playing on TN i sucked at CTF, Arena, etc. I've been getting better, although disc MAs and chaingunning are still my major weaknesses.

Anyway, I've been TriggerFinger almost since the very beginning (we didn't have permanent names in demo; the server would assign us a new name every time we joined, so we would tell our nicknames over the chat.)
  • HEY! wow Tribes2 still has life, awsome! I been gone waaaay waaay to long. I cant say i was a vet at playing the game but more making maps for it, like my Tron maps i made, and others with my friend TribalMa5ter....years ago., lol wow...anyway Hi all who remember me and hope to see ya online soon! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Nice to see a familiar name. :)
  • The net result is that I'm pretty good at dueling, but when I started playing on TN i sucked at CTF, Arena, etc. I've been getting better, although disc MAs and chaingunning are still my major weaknesses.
    Funny how that is isn't it? I'm alright at Arena. But I can beat people in duels who I can't beat in Arena. I think it's odd.
  • In Tribes i was in Fist of the Phoenix [FotP] DOEBOY we united with The Royal Knights for the begining of T2 so i became {RK}DOEBOY didnt like vengence so went to planetside when it came out. had alot of fun back in the day with clans like +GOD+,FTW,DMZ,HOS.
    before i joined [FotP] i was in GOE and CN. T1 my favorite server was the Bustanut server.

oldschool teamtes
    Jammer
    ArcTeryx
    RkPayback
    Redog
    [FotP] Crusher
    {Rk|Silk}
    RogueTeep
    {RK|STORME}
    [FotP]Overseer
    The Root
    RaptorLord
    Wayloss
    I-C-E
    [FotP]Wolfehollow
    { RK|DOEBOY }
    {Rk|Bull}
    Turk
    {Rk|Justice}
    Apoc
    DrY TuRkEy
    {Rk|gimp}
    {Rk|Snowblade}
    Rk Casadon
    wobert
    Dead_Again
    Kavefish
    retromonk
  • WOW so cool to see T2 online again. ;D

Trinity here.. (you may or may not remember me..)
    thought id say hi..
    used to play ninja mod all the time!!! used to skin as well!
    nice to see Wildcard, Crashuk and evilcheese are still around!!