TribesNext

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

TribesNext >  TribesNext.com Forums >  Tribes 2 >  Strategies and Guides >  None « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: None
robertom2002
Seņor Nugget

View Profile
May 15, 2009, 10:20:05 AM »
-
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 03:13:23 PM by robertom2002 »

thaen
Nugget²

View Profile
1: May 15, 2009, 10:30:25 AM »
i use it when i know i'm going to die and i wouldn't be productive if i was still alive. offense players use it when they want to restart their next run so they can resume their position. defense uses it to get back to base so they can prepare and do their job. also i use it if i don't like the player who is trying to kill me so they don't get 10 points but only if i am for sure going to die in a second or two.
blindkilla
Scout

View Profile
2: May 15, 2009, 11:50:13 AM »
I understand the use of suicide in comp play where time is a factor and you need to get back to your position as soon as possible.In pub play there really is no call for it take your ass kicking like everybody else.
Kryand
Assault

View Profile
3: May 15, 2009, 11:51:32 AM »
Suiciding is basically best used as a way to guarantee that you will be back at your own base with full health in 4 seconds. It is an incredibly useful tactic. While doing it just to deny someone their 10 points is frowned upon by bad players who are obsessed with getting 10 points, it is a good way to get into the practice of suiciding when you need to. So, suicide all you want. People who complain about it are just stupid. And servers that put "don't ctrl-k from a fight" in their rules should absolutely not be played on under any circumstance.

Eolk
Global Moderator

View Profile
4: May 15, 2009, 12:20:36 PM »
I heard suiciding is useful in competitions. Otherwise (in a pub), you shouldn't suicide in a fight right before you die. You don't really have anything to lose in a pub.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 03:36:08 AM by Eolk »
thaen
Nugget²

View Profile
5: May 15, 2009, 12:52:31 PM »
anybody who whines about ctrl-k is a newb. number 1 they should have killed you faster if they wanted 10 points. number 2 they are complaining about losing 10 points instead of laughing at the ctrl-k player especially if it was premature.
Cyber Trybal
Nugget

View Profile
6: May 15, 2009, 01:22:33 PM »
I do not use suicide, i fight to the death in hopes that i can take out my opponent before he takes me out. And even if i don't manage to take him out i will still have wounded him, making him an easier target for my teammates. And sometimes i ski away and heal myself, and then return to battle.

Whenever a defender says "There he is AGAIN! Didn't we shoot that guy? Why isn't he dead?", that's a member of Team Annoying Bastard he's talking about.

hurrr
Seņor Nugget

View Profile
7: May 15, 2009, 01:53:04 PM »
I suicide when I see no point in continuing in my current shape. Like if some gay light faggot knocks me way off my sking path, or say if I slip down the base ledge on DX with red health - no way I'm going to waste time to climb all the way back up especially when I'd just get a disc in the face as soon as I reer my ugly head over the ledge. Eg, anytime you get back in the action faster by just killing yourself than not.
I don't intentionally try to deprive people of points (if I pick a fight myself I always stick around till the end even if I know I'm going to lose), but naturally there's bound to happen some "kill-dodging" with the above philosophy.

Sometimes I also use suicide just as a quick lottery ticket trying to get another spawn location, eg midfield tower vs base on Katabatic, or if I start on the top inside floor of the Blastside base - you usually get  suited up & on your way faster by CTRL-K'ing yourself than walking all the way down to the entrance or flag room invos. etc.
blazzingroach
Nugget³

View Profile
8: May 16, 2009, 07:40:15 AM »
ctrl-k = minus 10 points.
ctrl-k during a duel = poosie.
...and I don't care about the points.
However, if ya ctrl-k during a duel with me, you are a marked man. I won't hunt ya down 'cuz yer not worth my time, but if I ever come across ya again on the fields, I'll spank ya like the poosie ya are.  Grin

BLAZE ON!
Kauket
Nugget

View Profile
9: May 16, 2009, 09:16:36 PM »
If you're low on health and ammo and far from your base, suicide is fine...

But after I shoot you down or start to kick your ass...that's lame.  If you don't want to fight on the ground, damage yourself before flying so when your vehicle blows, you die. 

There's just no excuse for suiciding while you're both fighting on the ground...

TheAngryTomato
Nugget³

View Profile
10: May 16, 2009, 09:50:13 PM »
I suicide during duels for one reason: if I kill myself right before they kill me, they will get pissed at me. Which means almost any time they see me pop over the hill, they will drop what they are doing and try to get in a little fight with me. Instead of doing something useful and helping their team, they are going to waste their time trying to kill me.
thaen
Nugget²

View Profile
11: May 18, 2009, 07:59:38 AM »
I suicide during duels for one reason: if I kill myself right before they kill me, they will get pissed at me. Which means almost any time they see me pop over the hill, they will drop what they are doing and try to get in a little fight with me. Instead of doing something useful and helping their team, they are going to waste their time trying to kill me.

indeed
Blakhart
Juggernaught

View Profile
12: May 18, 2009, 08:17:54 AM »
ctrlk=cheap
rb10
Nugget³

View Profile
13: May 18, 2009, 12:01:56 PM »
  Grin Wimp stuff,  I only do it to get back to base but never in a battle cause you may take the other guy with you which does happen many times  Roll Eyes
Red Shifter
Scout

View Profile
14: May 18, 2009, 02:42:57 PM »
Real players Ctrl+K in Arena.
(That was a joke.)

Anyway, players should get used to people using Ctrl+K.  You don't need to pointwhore to show that you're a credit to your team.  It is very easy to score points without actually helping your team, and all but a few positions should even pay attention to their score.  This isn't Battlefield where your killing skills are on trial; this is Tribes 2, and it is your actual impact that's on trial.  One player may get 50 points for capping a flag, but he probably had help.

Of course, my view on the subject may be skewed considering my favorite gametype does not even have a personal point system.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 02:53:44 PM by Red Shifter »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

irc.quakenet.org / #TribesNext Powered by SMF  © Simple Machines
anything